Homemade Sweetness

Powers

"It's not poison!" Amber adamantly protested as her members peered into the innocent lunch box the tomboy had just finished making. With a varying degrees of surprise to horror, the other 3's faces kept on twitching, never once settling on an expression for the past 5 minutes. 

"Ani, I believe you Amber ah...but like...is it edible?" Victoria, the group's oldest asked as she finally decided on a simple raised eyebrow. The maknae, on the other hand, was already arranging for the necessary funeral that might take place. 

"Unnie, don't kill him. I know your food has been improved but are you positive you want to give this to him?" Luna questioned, taking the box from Amber's hand and setting it down onto the table. The object that had been occupying the girl group's attention for the last five minutes or so looked to be perfectly beautiful, with an aromatic smell rising from the steamed side dishes. 

"...I'm not that bad..." Amber pouted, unsure whether or not it was true. Sure, her cooking skills have been improving consistently for the past few years since the last disastrous dinner she and her members had, but considering the fact that she mostly order delivery, it was quiet a death threat when she had taken up the knife to start the meal so readily. "Beside, you guys were the ones who dared me to make it!" 

It was at this point that Krystal had turned around with the most angelic smile on her face, "Unnie, I already arranged a funeral hall and got everything ready for Hoseok. If things come to it, he'll at least have a good place for a final rest," she gently ended with a sympathetic pat on the older girl's shoulder. It wasn't empathy for the taster of the meal, who also happened to be her same-age friend, however, it was more for her unnie who would be face with so much sadness if he does perish. Out of everyone there, though, Victoria was the obvious champion of cooking, but the youngest was never far behind either. The supposedly chic girl was more affectionate than people would have thought, especially when it comes to a homemade meal. But not so much for her unnie's boyfriend...

Glaring at the only other fluent English-speaker in the group, Amber whacked the maknae's head with no mercy. "Don't put a curse on my boyfriend, Soojung. He's fine. The food is fine. He won't die!" Amber glared at her groupmates for any objections, but seeing none, she finally turned back to the lunch box to wrap it up for the delivery. 

"...Liu Amber, we'll be sure to bail you out if you go to jail, so don't worry. I'm sure Hoseok would understand up in heaven too..." Victoria shook her head as thought the said man was already gone from the world, and the second oldest could only groan and stalk out of the room in response to the ridiculousness that occupied the room. 

 

"Taehyung ah, open up!" Amber knocked on the door of her hoobae's dressing room, waiting rather patiently for it to open. Enclosed in her arm was the fateful lunch box, wrapped neatly in a lavender cloth with a beautiful bow on top. 

"Noona!" The maknae line's middle child grinned brightly as he spreaded the door opened for the tomboy to come in. Seeing how happy Taehyung was could have make one misunderstood as to who she was really dating, but it was such a normal greeting to her now that all she did was lightly hugged the younger man before entering the room. 

"Hoseok ah, I got something for you!" The female rapper cheerfully smiled as she wrapped her arms around the said man, who was currently sitting on a chair after already gotten his makeup done. Glancing up, J-Hope couldn't help but to reach for Amber and ruffle her hair before sliding his arm down to her waist. They were in an awkward position, but somehow, it works. 

"Noona, what are you here for?" Suga asked, noticing the strange 'present' that was emitting a very tempting smell. Everyone in the room could tell it was food, but they could never predict the next words that came out of the f(x) member's lips.

"I made it," Amber chuckled at the icy expressions on everyone's faces, "and no, it's nothing dangerous...I believe it's edible though, so Hoseok ah should be fine!" 

"...You believe?" The BTS's leader sweatdropped, his eyes widening at his poor member's incoming future. "Noona, I hope you know we have a live showcase in like..." he glanced at the clock before settling his gaze back onto the tomboy, "ten minutes."

"I know!" Amber chirped brightly, the smile never leaving her face. "That's why I'm here. I know you haven't gotten anything to eat yet so I brought you some food. I made this for Hoseok, but I did bring something for the rest of you guys also."

"From who?" Jimin asked suspiciously, eyeing the sudden appearance of jjajangmyeon on the table with caution.

"I ordered it," came Amber's simple reply before she turned her attention back to her boyfriend, not noticing the sighs of relief that escaped the remaining six boys. They do love their noona to death, and they had seen that she can make edible food, but her true abilities are still questionable as there has not been one instance so far where they had seen her make something right in front of them. 

"Amber noona, it's for me?" J-Hope asked, currently participating in a very amusing staring contest with the lunch box as he wasn't sure whether he can look into the said girl's eyes without lying or not. He really do trust his noona, he loves her a lot, and he already will himself to eat whatever she makes if it could make her happy. It has been his resolve since the beginning, and now that he was face with the choice, he decided to just go for it. Better to be dead as a loyal man than to see the hurt look in her eyes. It has happened once, and he still remember how guilt-stricken he had felt. 

"Ne. Are you sure you want to try it though?" Amber frowned slightly, suddenly nervously about what she had prepared. If the shambled kitchen back at her apartment was anything to go by, it would probably be better for the two of them to just join the other BTS members at the table. And if one had look closely enough through the mirror, they could see the reflection of the six boys enthusiastically shaking their heads to dissuade their member to not accept his girlfriend's affections for once. 

But this was Jung Hoseok. And Jung Hoseok is a puddle in front of Liu Amber. 

"Of course I'll try it!" J-Hope bravely said before he plucked the lunch box out from Amber's grasp and opened it. And if the gasps of surprises were any indication, the lunch box would definitely be more than edible. 

Engraved on top of the steaming rice was the word 'Saranghaeyo' in tomato sauce. Surrounding it were various side dishes that neatly layered on top of one another, creating an illusion of fallen dominos. But it wasn't in a bad way. The lunch box was definitely something that all of the BTS boys had wished for at one point from their dreamed girlfriends, and now that they had saw it in front of them, they didn't know whether they should believe it or not. 

Although, at the back of their mind, the natural law of the most poisonous things being absolutely gorgeous had escaped them. 

 

"Try it, Hoseok," Jin suddenly spoke up, alternating between shoveling the last bit of his meal into his mouth and watching the couple in front of him. It was an interesting sight to see, which surely explained why there was suddenly a crowd on the sofa right in front of the two idols. 

Looking up at Amber, J-Hope smiled before he picked up his chopsticks and ate the first bit of the lunch Amber had made for him. An overwhelming warmness enveloped him and he laid the box down. 

"You need to make more from now on," were his only words before he squeezed his tomboy happily, sticking his tongue out at the lonely backs of s who had already turned away to prevent themselves from physically assaulting the blissfully-awared taken man who love pranks and teasing others as much as they do. 

 


A cute little story about J-Hope and Amber and their little cooking incident. I gotta say though, I did not expect V to run to Amber to hug her during KCON LA this past weekend. It was an adorable action from him that I don't think I have seen any other male idols have done in public, and all I got to say is: the ship has officially sailed. 

On the other hand, Jimin will be the one to end the BTS Era this time, and before SHINee take over, I can say that JiminxAmber's story will be a pretty special one. Why? Because I finally found a KPOP idol who has the same birthdate as me! >.< *cue happy noises* I hope you all enjoy this story and look forward to the next one. 

Also, thank you so much for 2,000+ views on my very first chapter of this collection! ^~^ It had been slightly more than 3 years since I started 'Powers' and seeing so much support really makes me happy. It's been exactly 3 years since I posted my 13th chapter, Dinner Date, and I hope to bring even better stories of rare anyber pairings for you. Thank you for being so continuously patience! 

Otherwise, comment, subscribe, upvote, do your thing~ It is almost a fact that SEVENTEEN will be following SHINee in the sequence, so do look forward to that also. But if you would like Monsta X, comment down below and I'll tally up the votes.