Excuses For You

Powers

A/N: This is based off a fanfiction I read somewhere. Outline is based on that story, but everything else is entirely my idea. Although I have to warn everyone that the timeline is out of wack. Enjoy and I wish you a Happy New Year!!! :)

 

P.S:  Are you all ready for SEVENTEEN?


 

Monday 

"You're being absolutely ridiculous."

"But noona~"

"Taemin ah, I will not hop on a plane and fly all the way to Japan just to give you back your sweatshirt."

"Noona, it's really cold here and my manager took all my clothes!"

"Then just get some new ones."

"Noon-" 

 

 

_

 

 

Tuesday

"Noona, do you want some bubble tea?"

"What are you planning?"

"I just want to treat my favorite sister-in-law to a treat!"

"Soojungie isn't here. Jongin, what are you planning?" 

"Like I said-"

"Cut the crap."

"Noona, that's foul language!"

"...I will personally plot your murder and send Soojung to assassinate you in your sleep if you don't get out this instant. And you know Soojung will do that for me."

 

 

"Taemin, our plan didn't work." Jongin whispered into his phone the moment he escaped from Amber's wrath. Standing outside her studio, he breathed a sigh of relief and cursed his best friend for getting him into this mess. Why was he going through all this trouble anyway?

"Jongin, the bet."

"Screw the bet. I'm not risking my life just because you're scared of your own girlfriend. Go down here and get her yourself."

"...Jongin, I'm in Japan."

"...Taemin, where do you think I am?"

"...Korea?"

"..."

"Oh right, we're all in Japan for the concert!"

"...I'm borrowing Amber noona's plan and I will kill you with your own girlfriend's plot if you don't your down here right now" was all the younger man could spat out before he got his phone snatched from his hand. 

"Taemin-ssi, you're in time-out. If you disturb me one more time, I'm out." Amber threatened before cutting the call for the second time that week. 

 

 

_

 

 

Wednesday

"Noona~"

"..."

"Amber noona~" A cute Taemin popped his head into f(x)'s dressing room as his fellow members watched from behind, petrified to see their maknae acting this way. What the hell happened?

"...Unnie, he's calling you." 

"Who?"

"Taeminie."

"Who's that?"

"Your boyfriend?"

"As far as I'm concerned, I never have an annoying boyfriend by the name of Taemin," came the said rapper's cold reply as she glared from the reflection in the mirror. 

Immediately, all 7 pairs of eyes whipped toward the main culprit. 

"What happened, Taemin ah?" Key's friendly voice spoke up from behind, the usually lanky member possessing an impossibly strong grip that day. 

"Um...nothing?"

"Spill the beans. Jongin already told me everything so if there's even one lie, you know what's gonna happen." Krystal warned, eyeing her unnies for approval and getting the nods from all.

"...I just wanted to spend more time with Amber noona," maknae Taemin pouted, "She's been neglecting me!" He huffed, his black bangs covering his eyes as he reverted back to the boy he was before his solo debut.

The y presence that had his fangirls screaming was long gone. 

"You do realize you're dating-" "was dating" "-one of the most popular bachelorettes on the market?"

"Jinki ah, she's not an object." Victoria cutted in with a laser-edge smile. 

"Noona, give me a break. If you're gonna bully someone, bully Taeminie."

"Why are you all ganging up on me?!"

 

 

_

 

 

Thursday 

At promptly 9 AM in the morning, a bouquet of Amber's favorite tacos was sent to her temporary home, completed with sauces.

At approximately 12 PM, her members came in carrying various forms of treats with cards attached, all addressed to the one and only Taemin's Forever

And at exactly 5 PM, Amber opened her dressing room to find a shy Taemin fidgeting with his non-existent sleeve next to the biggest JackJack plushie she has ever seen. It was at that moment that her members started gagging in disgust. 

"Unnie, this is disgusting even by Taemin's standards." Luna informed the said woman, whose eyebrows were currently twitching from...contained happiness?

"Amber? Hello?" Victoria waved a hand in front of the younger girl, worried for her sanity when said girl suddenly went from a statue to laughing for unexplanable reason. 

"You broke her, Taemin oppa. You completely and utterly broke our unnie." Krystal's eyes widened and even the f(x)'s Princess had to backed off in fear for her own life. 

Completely ignoring the baffling three, Amber giggled and only need to take one look at her boyfriend's face to burst into uncontrollable hilarity. "I...I-I can't" she wheezed. "Gosh...you're an i-idiot," The tomboy managed to say before she staggered over to him and planted the sweetest kiss on his lips. "Happy 3rd Anniversary, Taemin."

 

 

"...THAT is NOT why you two have been fighting, is it?" Victoria gaped in disbelief, staring at the younger couple in utter and unhidden terror. 

"It is."

And that was when all hell breaks lose as the 3 f(x) members absolutely demolished any form of romantic gesture in the room before pushing the couple out and telling them to go get a room. Which they did. 

It was called the SMTown's starting stage. 

 

 

"Please realize you just kiss me in front of everyone," Amber said in exasperation among the throng of screams that echoed around them. The performance that day had been meant to be up close and personal, so imagined the fans' surprise when Amber and Taemin came out the moment BoA's Only One was heard. Then, multiply that by 1000 and one would arrive at the current dilemma the couple was in.

"I just never knew I wanted to show everyone you belong to me so much."

The couple obviously did not notice.

"Taemin, I told you no one knew we were dating."

In which Amber just made worse. 

"I was surprised there was no scandals. We went on so many dates around Hongdae."

"YOU TWO ON THE STAGE, SHUT UP!"

 

 

_

 

 

Friday

"Explain."

"What is there to explain?"

"Amber, Taemin, you both know what you did."

"We thought they knew."

"What do you mean 'you thought they knew'?! No one outside the company knows you two are dating!" An exasperated Soo Man glared at the young pair.

"Surprisingly," Amber whispered. "Apparently our friends are better at secrets than we thought."

"Young lady, do you know how much trouble you're in?"

"Frankly speaking, no." Amber levelled her gaze at the former CEO. No matter what anyone says, he's practically the one who organized everything. "As far as I'm concerned, all you need to do is release a statement saying that we're dating."

"...Anything else I need to know about, Taemin?" Lee Soo Man drawled out slowly, shifting his gaze from Amber's left hand to Taemin's to find identical ring bands.

"Engaged."

"Excuse me?"

"We're engaged, Soo Man seosangnim." Taemin finally looked up into the most powerful person (in SM)'s gaze and find that, surprisingly, his eyes were not wavering. In fact, they even looked determined. 

"I can see that. And what do you want me to tell the media?" Soo Man slumped into his chair, relieved that he won't have the pry the information out of the troublemakers' mouths. 

"We've been dating for 3 years, starting from when I fell in love with her while accidentally overhearing her compose her first original song. It was a game of push and pull and I finally succeeded in asking for her hand...yesterday." 

"...Please don't tell me you just said yesterday."

"Seosangnim, I'm positive you don't need hearing aids to hear everything clearly."

"Geez, when are you two going to stop breathing down my back with nothing but troubles?!" The older man accused the youngsters, but the tiny half-moon smile he shown made the two leaped onto their feet and hugged him. 

"I knew you would understand!" 

 

 

_

 

 

Saturday

"We're screwed."

"I can see that, noona."

"Stop being a smartass and help me."

"You know that's the one thing I can't help you with. As much as I love you, noona, right now, being on Seosangnim's bad side scared me more."

"I hope you realize we come home to the same place."

"...I shall pay the price later."

 

 

"Taemin-ssi, are you feeling alright? You seemed a bit pale compared to your smiling fiancee right here." A reporter commented observantly, makinng the rest of the conference room shifted their eyes from one star to the other. 

"What's wrong, dear? Are you feeling sick?" Amber questioned in a sickeningly sweet voice, making it all the more unbelievable that she was actually stepping on her future husband's feet while simultaneously wrenching his hand tight. 

"I-It's nothing. I'm just nervous to see how many people are actually interested in our love story," Taemin managed to answer professionally, knowing perfectly well he was already pass screw the moment he proposed. 

"Of course we're interested! This is the news story of a lifetime! And on New Year's Eve too" The reporters said dreamily. "The perfect start to the new year."

 

 

"She's torturing him."

"Definitely."

"Wanna bet how long it'll take?"

"I'll say 1 month before she cooled off."

"I'm wagering 2 weeks."

"3 days for me."

All heads turned to Krystal (they were positive she was throwing away money), who shrugged nonchalantly, "I'm basing my bet off data. I'm not losing my money over something this stupid."

"And yet you're still betting."

 

That was the basic consensus backstage. There was not a single soul who felt sorry for poor Taemin. 

 

 

_

 

 

Sunday

"I heard of something interesting."

Ne, noona?"

"It said that based on surveys conducted all over, people who know someone for over 7 years have more of a guarantee for a life-long relationship," Amber read off her phone as she snuggled into her boyfriend-turned-fiance.

"Funny. We know each other for exactly 7 years."

"You don't say."