And the Worst Gift of All

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Tiffany POV

*Morning-of-1st-of-August*

It's my Birthday again. Why time flies so fast? It was like only yesterday when Yuri threw me an awesome belated birthday celebration. Now, it's been a year since then. *Sigh*. Though I had the best birthday last year, I doubt I'll have the same for today. Obviously, it's for the same reason. Yuri.

Yes, this feeling of mine gets even worse and worse day by day. It's like I'm actually being killed slowly and softly. I so badly want to see him. Please, at least just for this day. It's fine for me.

Though, the only way for me to see him which I could think of right now is to meet him in my dreams. There really is no other way...

Yes, I am too hopeless.

*Sigh*. I wish I can just sleep the whole day here in my room. But I doubt. I'm sure my father will sure bug me again.

 

*knock knock knock*

See? I told you so.

"Come in."

"Happy Birthday, Ms. Stephanie." my personal butler, Gregor, greeted me as he came inside my room.

He continued, "The Monsieur also wanted to send his greetings to you."

"Please, Gregor. Stop calling my father Monsieur."

"But that is how your father wanted me to address him, ma'am."

"Then, not in front of me."

"As you wish, ma'am."

"So, what does he want this time?"

"He wants you to be in his study room."

"Alright. I'll be on it." I said. He then excused himself and left the room.

 

---

 

"What do you want, dad?" I asked as I came inside his study room.

He stopped on reading his newspaper then looked at me, "Is that the influence of that insolent, filthy man? You not respecting me anymore?"

"This is all because of your doing, dad. Don't bring up Yuri in this."

He looked as if infuriated over with what I said. Then, he calmed himself down a bit by breathing deeply, "It's your birthday so I'll let that slip. One more, Stephanie, one more or you won't like what I'll do to you."

Pfft. Another lousy threat again?

He continued, "We'll celebrate your birthday along with the Chois for tonight. I don't want another hideous act of you and Sooyoung again so please, be at your best behavior."

"Can't I just have this day on my own? At least make that as a birthday gift for me?"

"You will do as I say. No more complaints."

"Fine. Any more, MAJESTY?"

"You are coming with me to the company. Be ready and we have to leave in an hour."

"Do I even have a choice?" I rolled my eyes and walked out of his study room.

 

After that, I really did had myself readied for more than two hours. I took a nap inside the bathroom. And yes, I really do love pissing my father off. Then, as I went down the living room, of course, my father's at the edge of his temper. He was walking back and forth looking so pissed while my mother's just sitting on the couch, silently drinking her tea.

He finally noticed me and shouted, "Didn't I say we'll leave in an hour? You ing had me wait for three hours?!"

"Hey, be thankful I came down here for you. I'm actually planning to ditch you all along."

"Why you ing brat!"

He was about to slap me when my mother snapped, "Henry."

"What?"

She looked at him in poker face, "You're ruining my tea time. Please stop swearing in front of me." And that got my father shut up. I guess I should be thankful to my mom for this.

Well, you see, after that last incident, the choking incident I mean to say, my dad became a little distant to my mom like he never wants to step on her shoes ever. Obviously enough, my father genuinely loves my mother so much. It's just... my mom is somewhat unlikely returning the same feelings for him... Well, I'm thinking it's the very root of all why my father's being like this.

He sighed in defeat, "Let's go. We're wasting too much time here."

We were about to leave for the front door when one of our maids rushed in and halted us. "Your highness!" she said while still panting.

"What is it, Ae Jung?"

"Madame Ema Watsone is here."

Emma Watson?! As in Hermione Granger?!

"What?!" and my father looked like he's in a state of horror.

I asked him, "Who’s Ema?"

"Sh-she's n-no one. Go back to your room we're not leaving anymore."

"Ehh?"

Then, he redirected to Ae Jung, "Don't you ever let that woman come inside."

"Y-yes, your highness."

She was about to go out when suddenly, the main door opened revealing a highly sophisticated half-British half-Korean-looking woman, who I assure you NOT the Hermione in the Harry Potter movies, with a young Korean-looking man following behind. "Henry." she smirked.

"Wh-what are you doing here, Ema?"

"Oh... Nothing much."

 

---

 

*Brunch-At-Hwang-Manor-Dining-Hall*

This is got to be the most awkward meal of all. Yes, indeed. Apparently, this woman, Ema, is pretty much a female version of my father. She's very, very cold and the same as this young man whom until now identity, or even the name, hasn't been revealed yet.

"Ema, let's cut to the chase. What do you want?" dad asked.

"Oh don't worry. This isn't a big deal at all..." She paused then sipped from her cup of tea. "I'm just giving your son back, Henry."

"Son?!" he repeated in question.

"Yes. Are you deaf?"

"I don't have a son. I only have one child in this world and it's my daughter right here, Stephanie."

She retorted, "Then, what do you call him? A soup?" She pointed at the young man.

"Ema. I don't have time for any of your silly retorts."

"You call this silly? Sehun is your son, Henry."

He mocked a laugh, "Do you think I will believe you?"

"Henry, you're a man and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter