The Suffering of a Living Dead

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please do note of the scenes starting form this chapter. As I've mentioned previously, the upcoming ones will be on multiple POVs, hence, some of the scenes will be reiterative yet in different point of views (Dates will sometimes be mentioned, but, just remember the scenes for you not to get lost. hihihi)

Here you go, enjoy another 'what's on Yoong's mind'. ;)

 

Yoong POV

She was standing behind a tree. Yet, with only few meters apart, I can fully recognize her.

"Jessica..." I called. However, I didn't get a response from her.

"Jessica." I called once more as I took a step nearer. I can sense her trembling. It was like she didn't expect me on noticing her.

"Seriously?" a man snapped. I turned around and saw him, Sooyoung, standing from meters afar as he looked at me in disbelief. "Until now, it's still Jessica, Jessica, Jessica?"

"Hey, she's really there." I pointed at the tree yet, she seemed to have ran away.  "What the..." I tried to follow, however, I just stopped halfway as I could no longer see her from my view.

He stood beside me. "For ing hell." he mumbled while chuckling. "Was that really Jessica or you're just hallucinating?"

I glared at him. "Shut the up, Soo. I really did see her."

He grinned, "Or is it because you haven't moved on yet that's why you're so desperate on wishing to see her now?"

"I am not. And I assure you, I have no more feelings for her, okay."

"Whatever, man. So... Aren't we gonna chase after her or something?"

I looked away, "N-no..."

"Oh come on. I know you still wanted to see her badly."

"No, there's no need." I went back in front of Yuri-hyung's grave and sat.

He followed and sat beside me. "I knew I'll find you here."

"..."

"You've been missing-in-action ever since Yuri's burial. Are you really taking it too hard?"

I looked at him disbelievingly, "Yuri-hyung died. What do you ing expect me to do? Be happy and jolly? Throw a party?!"

He sighed, "No." He pulled out a pack of cigarette and a lighter from his pocket, had one to his lips and lit it. "I am expecting you to continue living your normal life..."

"..."

"..."

I looked away, "So, you're smoking again, huh?"

He answered sarcastically, "Apparently. What do you think I am doing right now if I'm not?"

"Don't you have respect on hyung? You are in front of his grave. Don't you remember he hated you for smoking and forbid you to do that back then?"

"I know." He puffed a smoke out. "I'm just... hoping for a miracle."

"Huh?"

"You know... For him to rise from that grave and stop me on smoking again."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"I heard what happened."

"..."

"I went to your place and saw your brother. He said you don't live there anymore. Then, I went to your family house and your mother told me everything."

"So, after all you heard, you still expect me to live a normal life?"

"Yuri lived his life all alone. And note, he was raising a child too, ALONE. Compared to you? You'll just be feeding your own self. So, did you ever see him sulk like what you're doing now?"

I looked at his grave, "I'm not like him. He's braver. He's wiser... He's always better at me in everything. I will never be him."

"I'm not saying you should replace him or anything, man. I'm just hoping that somewhere there in your mind, at least, he gave you a little inspiration in life. Man up, . You just gotten kicked out. You didn't get killed like what happened to him."

I answered him in irritation, "You know, you don't have the right to lecture me for not acknowledging hyung's principles. You are ing smoking in front him right now."

He groaned, "Alright, alright! I'm putting it out!" He put down the lightened cigarette and stubbed it out on the grass. "I already told you I didn't mean for you to replace him, now what's this?! You're the nagger now?!"

"I am not replacing him. At least... ing smoke somewhere else and not here."

"I already stopped, okay?! Mom?!"

"Good." I looked back at hyung's grave. "And if you're already done annoying me, can you now please give me some time alone?"

"Aisshhh... Alone? Come on, man. Yuri already left this World. We're only three in our gang--"

"Two."

"You know Taeyeon's still alive."

"He's already dead."

"What are you, a girl? Stop being a bitter gourd, man."

I glared at him, "He didn't came to Yuri-hyung's wake, he didn't came to hyung's funeral ceremony and he NEVER even tried to visit this grave until ing now. So, you're still saying we're THREE left? You're still counting that ing moron a friend?"

"Don't be that hard on the midget. He might just have crossed another problem, you know."

"Why would I give him a benefit of a doubt?! He's a betrayer, a sick, ing moron, an untrustworthy friend!"

"Alright, alright! Chill!" He suddenly rubbed my back in a very annoying way. "You are really hot-headed, man.  You win, you win. Taeyeon's a ing moron. Please, don't ever say alien things like benefit-doubt-doubt on me again."

I swatted his arm away and groaned, "Just stop annoying me already!"

"You are really so..." He sighed loudly. "Are you really gay, man? You are so freaking ultra-sensitive with everything. I bet if an ant will dare bite you right now, you'll be whining and crying out loud here saying the world hates you just because of it."

I sighed, "Okay, I'm sorry. It's just... this isn't the best time for your jokes, Soo. I'm going through a lot right now."

"Nah, it's okay. I understand..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

He snapped again, "But, you know, it's really weird. I mean, why would your father do that to you? As far as I can remember you two were very close. He declared you as his sole heir back then. He treats us to night clubs. He throws you grand celebrations whenever he wanted. He even bailed you out from the prison back then, right?"

"Yeah... But, recently he has changed. I don't even know why and no one else knows why. Not even mom..."

"Hmm... Do you remember anything that you've done recently that could possibly gotten him mad?"

"I don't know... I was too busy uhh-- hanging out with Fany-noona for the past months. That's what I mostly did, actually. And the rest, I studied normally and I didn't spend that much... I think."

"Uhuh... It must be because of you hanging out with Fany then."

I looked at him in disbelief, "Why would that make my father mad?"

"Well... uhhh. It's because you damaged the reputation of your family?"

"Huh?"

"Dude, you were hanging out with my 'fiancé' that time. How do you think the world will think on what you were doing?"

"Huh?"

He repeated in annoyance, "You were hitting on my ex-fiancé back then! Then, on the wedding, you ing told the whole world how you love her so much! Of course, the public will think badly of you like a snake for betraying your best friend, man! Since when did you become so dense?!"

"I know what you are getting at, okay! I just don't know why on Earth my father would disown me because of something as simple as that?!"

He looked at me quizzically. Then, he shrugged in defeat and just stared over Yuri-hyung's grave. "Okay, I quit. I'm just really not used to thinking, you know. I hate it when I'm thinking."

"So, you're hating yourself as in all the time?"

"Huh?"

"Human brains never stop on functioning. In fact--" Sooyoung was now looking at me in so much boredom. I shrugged in defeat. "Oh never mind."

He grinned, "Good, so you finally know now what topics get me bored."

"Yeah, right..."

He redirected the topic, "So... what are you gonna do now?"

"I'm thinking of fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter