Breaking Out from Being Caught in the Middle

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First of all, I would like to greet myself a very happy birthday. wahehehehe. Hope you have fun on this one and please forgive me for the late update. >.<

 

Yuri POV

Young Yuri has already made up his mind and he's planning to run away from home. After he had finished packing, he climbed down the stairs sneakily. As he was heading for the manor's back door, the bickering and shouting of his parents were still too audible. He didn't bother to listen anymore, though. However, tears dripped down his cheeks as he left the place.

He firstly went over to Yoona's place. He asked for his best friend's help to book train tickets for two to somewhere east of United States. He just told him to think of a place somewhere farthest from this state. Yoona hesitated at first. Yet, he just agreed in defeat. It seems he had realized if he'll ever be on the shoes of his best friend, he'll do the same thing. Yuri then left behind his things to his custody. He said he needed not to be hindered by it on taking Tiffany out of her home.

 

Few minutes later, Yuri has arrived at the backyard of the Hwang mansion. As usual, he climbed to the fence and to Tiffany's room's balcony. When he arrived upstairs, he noticed her sitting on her bed, crying.

He went near. "Steph."

Tiffany looked at his direction. Quickly, she hugged him tightly. "Yuwree-yah." she uttered as she continued to cry.

"What happened?"

She broke away. "Daddy... he..."

"What? What did he do?"

"He almost killed mommy."

"WHAT?!"

"They were fighting downstairs. Then, when he lost control, he tried to choke mom to death."

Yuri gritted his teeth. His fists balled up in anger.

"I'm scared, Yuwree-yah. What if mom's gonna die?"

"How is she now?"

"Our maids took her to the hospital. They said I should just stay here at home and not to follow."

"And your dad?"

"He left. I don't know where. No one knows where."

Thoughts has consumed his mind for a moment. Then, he returned his look at her. He patted her head. "Your mom's going to be okay. Let's go?"

"Where are we going? To the hospital?"

"No. We're leaving."

"H-huh?"

"Let's leave home."

She looked at him in confusion. "I don't get it. We're gonna run away?"

"Yes. Pack your things." He then started to search around the room. "Do you have a big backpack or something we can use for your clothes?"

"Yuwree, I can't leave."

He looked at her in full determination, "Yes, you can." He went closer to her and held her hand tight. "Come with me. Let's run away from all of these mess."

"B-but--"

"Do you think after all that happened, our parents will still agree on our relationship?"

"..."

"No, they do not and they never will."

"..."

"I'm tired of this life. Aren't you tired already too?"

"But, how can we live without them? We're still too young to--"

"We can. I can give you a decent life. Trust me."

"Yuwree-yah..."

"It's gonna be hard at first, I know. But we're going to survive. I know it. Trust me on this, please."

"..."

"Don't you want us to be together?"

"..."

"This is our only choice."

She stared at his eyes first. Then, she finally answered. "Okay. I'm coming with you."

With that answer, Yuri smiled in relief. He then hugged her tightly. "We're going to live happily. Don't worry. Everything will go just fine..."

 

---

 

Yuri and Tiffany have arrived in front of a train station. Yoona was already there with Yuri's backpack. "Thanks, Yoona." Yuri said as he picked up his bag. "Have you gotten us tickets?"

"Yes, of course."

"Thanks so much."

Yoona then looked at him and asked in a serious tone, "Are you sure about this? You and Annie won't survive on your own."

"We can." he declared again. "We can. We're no ordinary people. We can do it on our own."

"B-but..." he looked down. "What if you'll fail? You know the consequence of that. If your parents find you two, you're dead. You're just gonna make it worse."

"They will not. Just promise me you're not gonna tell anyone about this."

He nodded. Then, he looked at Tiffany and faintly smiled at her. Then, he returned his gaze to his best friend. "Please take care of her. No matter what it takes, okay?"

"I will."

"Are we gonna see each other someday?"

"Maybe we will. We're not finished on our fight yet."

"Right." Yoona then looked at him in determination. "I'm still gonna beat you up someday."

"Yeah. I'm looking forward in totally beating you up too. Just make sure you'll be worthy enough to face me by the time then."

"Yeah. I will."

Yuri then forwarded his hand for a shake. "It was nice meeting you."

He returned the gesture, "It was meeting you too." Then, he turned to Tiffany and they shared a hug. "Please take care, Annie."

"You too." she said as she patted his back.

The two best friends looked at each other one last time. Then, Yoona bid his goodbye and started to walk away.

Before he could leave the area, Yuri called him,

"Yoong!"

Yoong turned and looked at him in confusion.

Yuri smiled, "It can be a good name. At least, you're just gonna change a single letter."

He smiled in return, "That was so not creative of you, but, thanks." He turned again and continued to walk away.

Yuri then looked at his girlfriend, "Ready?"

She nodded and smiled. "Yes"

The two youngsters successfully tricked the guard on the train that they already had their parents inside then boarded the train. Luckily a cabin was empty. They settled themselves inside.

As they took a seat beside each other, Tiffany rested her head on Yuri's shoulder as she get a hold of his hand. Yuri then leaned his head on hers and they both drifted off to sleep.

 

---

 

The two arrived in a rural town. It took them an hour to find a good place to stay. Yet, unfortunately, they failed finding one. They decided to just take a rest at a park for a while and sat on a free bench. Good thing, Yuri has enough money to spare for beverages too.

"Here." he said as he handed her a bottle of water.

She pouted as she took it from him. "I didn't even get to grab enough money from home."

"It's okay. I have enough right here."

"And how enough does enough mean for you?"

He chuckled, "Enough for us to survive our first three years together."

Her eyes widened as she looked at him. "Really?"

"Yes, I've been trying to formulate our budget plan while we're boarding the train. Luckily enough, we will survive for few years without seeking a job. It'll be enough only for our basic needs though."

He then pulled out a notebook from his bag and gave it to her. She firstly scanned the contents. Her eyebrows then furrowed in confusion, "How did you get this sum of money?"

"I pre-terminated the time deposit named after me two months ago. I tricked umma to signing the form as parental consent then ordered our majordomo to get the proceeds for me. Then, of course, I also cashed out my savings account."

"But, how did you do that? Won't that be suspicious to your parents that you've been withdrawing a lot?"

"Of course I made the withdrawals in fraction and intervals. Anyways, umma and appa are too occupied to their own problems. They don't have time to interrogate me on my doings."

"Hmmm. Right. Maybe I should withdraw money from my account too."

"No, you shouldn't. You can't do that now or else they'll find out where we are."

She sighed, "If only you just told me earlier that we're gonna run away…" She then looked at him quizzically. "Wait. So you were already planning to run away?"

"Yup… ever since they've all gone crazy."

"But, what if I didn't agree, you're still gonna go?"

"I will not leave without you. It will be no sense for me to leave if you're not with me."

She scoffed, "What now? You're confident I'm gonna go with you?"

"Yes. I'm sure you don't want to continue living the same life. And I'm also sure you love me as much as I do love you."

"Well, you are right, anyway. I will always go with you, whatever reason it may be." she smiled with her eyes turning to crescents again.

"So, like I always tell you, don't worry. We're gonna get through this, okay?"

She nodded.

"We're gonna prove to them that we can live on our own. We won't be needing them. Though, technically, we happen to borrow my parents' money for a while, but we'll sure return it someday."

She nodded then snapped, "So, where are we gonna live now?"

And with that question, Yuri's mood suddenly went down and gloomy.

"Yah. What's with that look?"

He sighed, "Well… if only we could find a place where we can rent for free."

"Aiishh-- so that's why we've been strolling around? You're searching for a free-rent place? Seriously, we can never find a place like that here or even anywhere in the world!"

He scratched the back of his head as he tried to fake a grin, "Well, I just wanna try out our luck."

"Hmpf." She looked away. "Don't you know how tiring it is wandering around with big backpacks?"

 "Hey, I'm sorry okay."

They have fallen into silence. It seems his girlfriend was really upset with him. Then, few moments later, a group of hippies seemed to have occupied the grass field behind them and started chatting.

"Hey, have you heard of the lonely house at the farthest side of the lake?" one said.

"Hmm. What about it?" asked by the other.

"Rumor has it, the house was abandoned for almost three decades now and no one dares to ever live or even set foot in that place because it's HAUNTED."

Another snapped, "Ooohh I heard about that too! And you know what? I experienced it first hand. I was wandering around that area when I heard creepy noise inside that house. Then, I saw a long-haired woman standing behind its one window! I totally ran for my life."

"Okay, now that's giving me chills, man. I will never ever try to go even near that place."

Yuri suddenly looked like he got an idea from that conversation. He quickly nudged his girlfriend. "Stephanie, did you hear that?" he asked excitedly.

She looked at him irritation, "What?"

"We found it! Finally, we're gonna have a place to live!"

Tiffany looked at him in horror and asked in stutter, "Y-you m-mean tthhat ssppoooky p-place?"

"Yup!" He suddenly grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the park. "Let's go!"

 

---

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter