The Day the Princess Vanished

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri POV

 

A week has passed since I last heard of Taeyeon. I went to his place yet their neighbor said he has never heard of him since last week and that it was only Sulli and his mother that went back to Jeonju for vacation. I couldn't contact Dambi-noona too. To be honest, I'm stressed on thinking about him. Knowing that guy, he goes hysterical even on petty things and this time I know it's something ponderous for him so that is why I am too much worried of him, platonically speaking.

Set aside, it wasn't only Taeyeon's whereabouts that I am stressed of. Tiffany's birthday will be in five days and until now, I still don't have something to give her nor what kind of party should I throw for her. I can't just throw a beach party cus that's what Sooyoung did or even in a karaoke bar which Yoong did.  So sad, those two are really great options. Tiffany loves the beach and she loves singing. Should I just give her pink-themed kiddie party instead? Crap. I'm running out of ideas. I can't also give her an elegant party as I am totally running out of funds too.

Yeah, most that I've saved for all these years were almost emptied and that is because I stopped on my other part-time jobs. I've been busy on getting back Tiffany to my life too and that's really costly. Gee, I never thought having a girlfriend will make me even more broke. Not like I'm complaining though. I love her, okay. I'll do everything to give her a contented life, and Sunkyu too. That is why I worked on three jobs this whole week, selling in the morning, working at a factory in the afternoon, and then here at the pub by night. Tiffany's been complaining that I got no time for her though. Afternoon is only the time we have to bond since she's also back working in Malibu Club by night. But I don't have a choice. I have to do this for her birthday.

"Yellow Yuri-boy!" Jessica shouted. She was wearing her gangster outfit again, mini shorts, loose shirt, and a gangster cap. I just busied myself on cleaning shot glasses. She came near and sat on the bar stool. "How's the bartender life, Yuri-boiiiii~"

"Stop calling me that, you fake-gangster Jung. That's way too 180-, no, 720-degree change."

"Yuri, are you dumb? That's two loops which just makes the angle back to zero degree so nothing's change. At least that's what I only learned in geometry... or is that even geometry?"

"Whatever. Still, stop pretending you're a gangster. It doesn't suit you."

"Say whuuuuuut? It suits me now perfectly because I got a boy meotjin~ I got a boy chakhan! I got a boy awesome boy wahnjeon banhaenna bwah~"

And she got me speechless. She's too... too... random. Is this really the side-effect of her falling in love with Yoong?

"What do you want this time, Jess?"

"Hmmm- Let's see... There will be rock-band contest two days before Fany's birthday so get ready because we have practice this midnight."

I sent out a laugh, "So weird for you to invite me to play on a rock-band contest while you're wearing that gangster attire."

"Yah! Can't a metal band member wear gangster attire once in a while? Like I told you, this is all because I got a boy meotjin~ I got a boy chak~"

"Enough! Whatever Sica, I'm not going. I can't participate on that. I still have to work hard for Tiffany's birthday. I have to give a great gift and a party, you know."

"Look. The contest prize is fairly enough to accommodate all your shortcomings now. Plus, you can have more free-time with your girlfriend more."

"Still a no. I don't want to gamble my last days left for her birthday. I rather spend it working hard on part-time jobs with real income."

"Fine. If you say so. But I just wanna say, your girlfriend has been complaining on me that you don't have time for her anymore. If you will join me on the contest, I guarantee you Fany's happiness and at the same time, money."

I know what this is... She's being pushy again! Ughhhh- this woman is too annoying.

"Alright. I will join you IF you'll help me think where to celebrate Fany's birthday and what gift."

"Easy. Give her a Goth party."

"You're not really helping now, okay. You should go. I'll call or message you later. My boss will kill me if he sees me just chit-chatting around."

"Okay. Handsome bartender, can I ask for a glass of iced tea?"

"Are you for real?"

"Yeah. I don't want to get drunk okay. We still have practice tonight."

"No I didn't mean that." I poured in iced too on a tall glass and gave it to her. She chuckled, "I know you didn't."

"So... Where do you think is a good place? Neither a beach nor karaoke bar, okay."

"Hmmmm- give her just a simple celebration at home. Then, take her to spa, salon, and maybe shop her 'classy' clothes. After that, take her to a nice three or four star hotel and DO IT."

"What 'do it'?"

"Are you really dumb or you're just toying with me? Of course have with her."

"You think treating her to spa, salon, and other stuff are enough to make her happy?"

"Yup. I know Tiffany too well. With that, she will really DO IT with you the same night. That's a guarantee."

"Alright. Let's go with that then. How much do you think it will cost?"

"I'll message Yoongie, wait...

There. He's already calculating everything."

"Thanks."

 

"Oh. He already replied. Wait... Spa and salon will cost around 70,000 won, food is around 66,000 won, and her clothes will probably vary between 80,000 to 200,000 won. Your hotel reservation is free, though. Yoongie said he gave you gift certificate for two to paradise hotel on your birthday last year. Contraceptives, I already gave you that. And Hyoyeon's bikini brief for you if that's even necessary."

 

I gulped. "So that will be around?"

"Oh come on, Mr. Kwon. Do the Math."

"So all in all, I have to save up to 400,000 on her party treat alone then I still have to buy her a gift." Oh my- having a girlfriend is expensive. My head hurts...

"I can lend you money."

"Nah. It's okay."

"Oh come on. It's all okay. It's just my extra money anyway. And if I lent you, my best friend will n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter