When His World Crumbles Down

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany POV

*two-weeks-passed*

"Hey there, my wife." Yuri greeted me as he came inside the room.

"Hey. How's it going with the billing?"

He went near and kissed me. "Yoong went hysterical with the cost. So, us three decided to just chip in. This is the first time the bill is split into four for us, actually. Usually I'm exempted." he said and chuckled.

"At least, you're taking part of the bill now."

"Oh. Yeah. It feels kinda good with my pride but feels bad for my wallet though."

I chuckled, "You're going to earn that again on your next payday. Cheer up." I pulled him again and kissed his lips.

"Yup. You're right." He kissed me again and evolved to a deep passionate kiss. He sat down on the nearby chair and I on him while our lips are still connected. We're about to be drowned on each other's lips when someone suddenly snapped,

"Oh my... Why am I tortured to witness such absolute bliss right exactly when I open my eyes…?"

We both broke away and looked at each other in horror. We slowly turned to her direction and yes, she's back, alive and awake.

She continued, "Although, I don't even know why I said such line... Seriously, what's wrong with me?"

"Jessica!!!" I jumped on her and hugged her tight.

"Ah-ouch, bestie, you're killing me!"

"Oops. Sorry." I broke away.

He snapped, "I'm glad you're already awake, Sica."

Then, she looked at my boyfriend. "Hi there, Yuri… Anyway, what happened to me? Why am I here?"

"You got hit by a car weeks ago." he answered.

"Oh thank goodness I'm alive." she said and clasped her hands acting like she's praying or something.

Now, I think something's odd.

 

Afterwards, Taeyeon, Sooyoung, Sunny and Yoong came in. The four of them suddenly stopped halfway, looking at Jessica in flabbergast. Sica suddenly got out of her bed. "Oh my gosh! Baby I miss you!" She ran towards them.

Yoong opened his arms however... he was not the one who was given a hug.

 

 

It was Taeyeon.

 

 

"I rweally rweally mwiss you sooo much, my Taengoo baby~ Mwah mwah mwah!" she showered him kisses on his face. Then, she captured his lips.

Taeyeon tried to break away. "Err- Jessica." He then successfully removed her hands away from him. Sica just looked at him quizzically. Then, she finally noticed Yoong's presence. "Oohhh~" she uttered again in a very flirty manner.

'Ooohh'???

"Hi." she seductively said then forwarded her back hand to Yoong as if she wants him to kiss it. "I'm Jessica."

Am I hearing it right? She actually introduced herself to him? Did she just forget about him?

"So, what's your name?"

Yet, Yoong couldn't even utter at single word due to shock. I decided to in, "Y-you don't remember him, bestie?"

She withdrew her hands back and looked at me in confusion. "So, I knew him?" She then stared back at him quizzically.

"Yes. He's your ex-boyfriend."

"Really?!" She’s now staring at him in so much confusion. "But I really don't remember..." she mumbled.

"Okay, how about me? Do you remember me?" Sooyoung snapped.

She then smiled at him, "Oh, of course. You are Sooyoung, the snobby spoiled hard-headed heir of the Chois."

"Yah. You could have just said yes. You don't have to insult me to the extremes."

Yuri butted, "How about me?"

"Oh, of course, Yuri. And didn't I just call you earlier? Seriously, what's with you guys?" Then, she looked around again, "So, where's my mom and dad?"

And that had us gasped hard and in total flabbergast. She didn't remember her tragic past too?!

"Yah. Why are you guys looking at me like that? I just asked where my mom and dad are. It's not like I asked for a baby."

Should we tell her straight? But if we will, she'll be in total depression again. I sure don't want to witness that state of hers again. It's hurtful for me too.

I looked at Taeyeon and he shook his head. He must be thinking the same too. Maybe we could just wait for her to remember everything than drop the bomb on her now.

"They're uhh--- away." Taeyeon hesitantly answered.

"Away?"

"Yeah, in the U.S..."

"Oh... It must have been about their business affairs again."

"I-- I will just call the doctor..." Yoong said in a sad tone and rushed out of the room.

"Wait! You haven't told me your name yet!" she shouted. She redirected to Taeyeon. "So, who was he, Taengoo? Was he really my... ex?"

"Yeah? And his name's Yoong. Does it ring a bell???"

"Err-- no???"

Then she finally noticed Sunny's presence. "Sunny Lee?! What the hell are you doing here?!" Sunny just stared back in shock and didn't know what to say. I snapped, "Bestie, we three are in good terms for a year already, remember?"

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Oh... Okay." She then smiled gleefully, "Bestie, how about a hug?” Sica immediately hugged her and the latter hugged back. Sunny then mouthed 'thank you' to me.

After a bit, the doctor came in. Yet, Yoong didn't go back to the room. The doctor checked up on Jessica. "Hmmm... okay, everything seems to be fine. All that is left is your fractured right rib and left arm."

"I'm not going to die with that, right?"

"Yes, you won't."

"Oh thank goodness. Thank you heavens I'm still alive! The last thing I want in this world is to die this early. Seriously, I still have so many dreams to fulfill in my life."

EHH??? What's this? Now she's the total opposite of Emo Sica?

The doctor continued, "One week more of staying here then you can leave."

"One week?! That's too long!"

"You have no choice. Anyway, we still have to scan your head."

"Ehh? But my head's okay."

"We just have to make sure."

"Fine. Thanks, doc."

"Okay. Take good care of yourself." he bowed down and left. I also excused myself and followed him.

"Doc, wait." I said as I got out. Yoong was there too, standing beside the door. The doctor turned back, "Yes, what can I do for you?"

"Jessica doesn't seem to remember some things that recently happened to her."

"Oh. Yes, this friend of yours already relayed that information to me." He pointed at Yoong. "It does seem she's suffering from mild amnesia. Usually, it is caused by a blunt trauma."

"Will there be a chance she could regain her memories?"

"Unfortunately, there is no specific cure for amnesia. But you can all try to give her things, get her to places where she have already been, even pictures, or reenact a previous event. All it takes is a triggering point for her to remember. But set aside, she's perfectly fine with an exception for her fractured bones."

"Do you think this is more of a temporary one?"

"Unfortunately, we could not determine it now. Anyway, we'll have her head check via CT scan to see if there are any that could have been interfering with her memories. Then, we can refer her to a specialist for further examinations."

"Oh okay... Thank you so much again doctor."

"You're welcome." he said then left.

Yoong looked away. Still, the sadness on his face is visible from my view. I tapped his shoulder. "It's going to be fine. Like the doctor said, we just have to make her remember you."

He smiled faintly and looked at me. "Thanks, noona..."

"Come on. Let's get back inside."

"No, I-- I'll just go out for a bit." He then left.

"Yoong..."

 

---

 

"So... Tell me, is Yuri good???" Jessica asked me while I peeled an apple by a knife for her. Apparently, we were left alone in her room while the others left with no apparent reason. Well, except for Yuri, he said he has to go see his dad right away.

"Seriously, Jess? Out of all things, you're going to ask me that?"

"Well, I think we never had such conversation ever since he started banging you. Come on. Share the experience with me now, please, please?"

"Banging? Can't you think of a better word?"

"Okay, so, how about 'DO'?"

"Aishh..."

"Tell me. Now."

I sighed in defeat, "It's good enough."

"Good enough?!" She then laughed loud. "So he's not that great in bed?!"

"He's great, okay! I'm satisfied enough."

"Then, why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter