When One Knows the Truth Can no Longer be Kept Hidden

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
First and foremost, I would like to greet kiddonics a belated happy birthday. I'm sorry, buddy. I couldn't get to update sooner. I've been busy lately and procrastination struck me again. OTL. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this one! 

 

Tiffany POV

*26th-of-November-2016*

I woke up sweating and panting hard due from my chronic nightmare again. And the same, I broke down in tears.

It's the 26th of November, 2016, a week has passed since I finally surrendered from my desire to sleep. However, nightmares never left me alone. Yoong has been staying with me here at the Hwang manor ever since I collapsed weeks ago.

"Mmm... Tiffany?" Yoong mumbled. He rubbed both of his eyes and sat up. "What's wrong?"

I wiped my tears. "Nothing."

"Was it the same nightmare again?"

"Yeah..."

He opened his eyes and looked at me with full of concern. "Are you okay? Are you coping up with it?"

"Yes. I think I can handle it now."

He smiled in relief. "Great then." He then looked at the time on the alarm clock. "So... It's still 4 am... what do you wanna do?"

I chuckled, "Silly."

He chuckled back. "What's silly with what I asked?"

"I know what you're pertaining to, okay."

"Hey, it's a very good sadness reliever, okay."

"Temporary, you mean. My nightmare never really left me alone."

"Well, at least you're relieved temporarily."

"Can we just uhmmm... cuddle this time?"

"Oh... Okay, sure."

He lied back on the bed. I lied and rested my head on his chest. I caressed his torso. He brushed his fingers on my hair. "What are you thinking?" he asked.

"Our future..."

"Hmmm... What about it?"

"Are we still going to live happily?"

"Huh?"

"I mean... with Yuri showing up again... you know what comes next, right? Chaos."

He chuckled, "What the hell?"

"What? That Zombie's a damn magnet of problems, okay."

He laughed loudly, "Hahahaha you are really so mean."

"Oh. Am I the only one being mean?" I looked at him. "You freaking almost destroyed his face. And I know that's because he's a magnet of chaos."

"I didn't beat him up because he's a problem magnet, okay. I beat him up because he was an ."

I chuckled. "Right. : The Bringer of Chaos."

He chuckled too, "Alright. That's enough of video games for you."

"You wanted me to redirect my mind to other things like video games, now you want me to stop?"

"Alright. Alright. You can continue playing..."

I snuggled again on his chest and we stayed cuddling. After a long while, I finally remembered and uttered, "Oh. By the way, I have to go to the Parent-Teacher's meeting in Sunkyu's School in the morning."

"Oh... Can I come too?"

"Don't you wanna hang out with your hyungs, instead?"

"Pfft. Why should I?"

"Come on. You already knocked out Taeng, bullied Soo and crushed Zombie's face. You're all quits. Go amend your relationship with them."

He sighed loudly, "Fine."

I giggled, "You're really a great pretender. I know you miss your gang so much."

"I do not."

"You can't fool me. You've been wishing for the reunion of the four of you, I know."

"Aisshh-- didn't I already said okay? Why do you love annoying me so much?"

I went to his level and kissed the tip of his nose. "I just feel like wanting to see your face when you're annoyed."

"Hmpf."

"I love you."

"Hmpf."

"Yah!"

He kissed my lips and smiled, "I love you too."

 

---

 

"Umma, it's a good thing you decided to finally sleep." Sunkyu snapped beside me. I'm apparently driving my car, heading for his school.

"And why is it so?" I asked.

"Well, I don't wanna get teased by my classmates for having a stressed-out old mother."

"Yah! I'm only 27, okay."

"Yeah, right. But you looked so much older than halmunee when you didn't sleep much for weeks."

"Just shut up, okay. You're lucky enough of having a very young mother. How about your classmates, huh? I bet they have mothers as old as your halmunee."

He sighed loudly, "It's actually kind of stressing having a young mom, you know."

"And why is it so?" I interrogated.

He didn't answer and just looked over the road through the windshield.

"Spill it. What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just remember all those judgmental freaks."

"Huh?"

"My classmates have been talking about how young you were when you got pregnant... You know... because of our age difference?"

"I see..." I bit my lip.

Damn. This is so freaking gonna be awkward...

 

---

 

We both arrived in front of his school. As we walked towards the building of the auditorium. Three of his classmates approached us. "Hi, Sunkyu." the girl greeted as if flirting.

"Hey, Kyu." the two boys greeted. "What's up?"

"Hi, guys." Kyu responded in a bored manner.  "By the way, this is my mother, Tiffany. Umma, these are my classmates. Roger, Woo, and Luna. You remember her, right? Yoong-hyung's former neighbor at his old apartment?"

"Oh. Right. Hi there, Luna. It's been a while."

She giggled, "It's nice to see you again, Auntie."

I looked at the two boys. "Hello. It's nice to meet you, Roger and Woo."

"It's nice to meet you too, Miss Tiffany!" they both shouted enthusiastically. Then they looked at me in full of admiration.

"Err-- uhmmm..." I then whispered to my son. "What's wrong with them?"

He answered while looking at his male classmates in disbelief, "Stupidity. That's what's wrong with them."

Woo then snapped, "You are really so pretty, Miss Tiffany."

"Yeah..." Roger seconded. "Why didn't you tell us how pretty your mother is, Kyu?"

"Do I have an obligation to?" my son answered. "What are you gonna do if I tell you how pretty my mother is? Court her? Do you even think I'll be allowing you to?"

"Yah. If you just told us, we should have done our past group projects at your home."

Woo butted, pertaining to me, "Excuse me, but, may I ask how old are you, Miss Tiffany?"

"Err-- why do you wanna know?" I asked back.

"Nothing. I just thought you looked so young. We could have mistaken you for a college student, you know."

I chuckled, "Awww~ you're such a sweet kid. I am already 35."

"35?!" the two boys shouted in surprise. Sunkyu looked at me disbelievingly. I winked at him in return.

Luna then snapped, "Aren't you just around the same age as Yoong oppa? With our , I think uhhmm... he's already 26 now."

"Err- I'm older than him."

"Yeah, but---"

"She's 27!" Sunkyu shouted in annoyance. "Umma was just messing with you guys. Now, if you'll excuse us..." Sunkyu grabbed my hand and dragged me away from his classmates.

"Yah, Kyu. You can't just tell everyone my real age, okay."

"Yes, I can and I will. Most of my classmates knew you from the viral video and they became aware of your identity. Meaning, they already knew your age. I've been under heated gossips from them and their parents for so long, anyway."

I gazed away, "I'm sorry if I gave you a hard time, Kyu."

"You don't have to be sorry about it, umma. It wasn't your fault. They are all nothing but judgmental freaks."

*Sigh*. If only I can tell him and anyone he wasn't really mine... But... I don't want to break his heart just to clear out my name on this...

When we arrived at the auditorium, most of the parents were gazing and leering over us, most especially to me. Well, I know my son's sort of popular in his school per my security personnel I ordered to stalk him for years. But, why are they leering at me too? Is it because of how I look?

We settled on two of the free seats. The program then started after few minutes. Yet, suddenly, a mother beside me called my attention and snapped, "Hello there. Are you Sunkyu's older sister?"

"No."

"Oh. Then you are???"

"His mom." I answered and smiled.

"Really?!" the mothers around us shouted in disbelief. Great. Now they're all focusing on me.

"Uhhmm- yeah?"

The mother beside me continued, "I am Min. Yoseong's mother. He's your son's classmate last year."

"It's nice to meet you. I am Tiffany."

"Anyway, what's your secret? You looked sooooo young."

I giggled, "Thank you. I guess uhhmm, balanced diet, and exercise?"

Sunkyu suddenly chuckled and had me glare at him. "Exercise?" he mumbled. Then, he just cleared his throat and pretended to focus on the program.

"No, really? What's your secret?" another mother asked.

"Hmmm. Well... Are you all aware of Elle Cosmetics? I've been using their beauty care products for years. I think the products helped a lot."

"Oooohh~" they all uttered.

Sunkyu glanced at me in disbelief. I returned him a smile. He then smirked back then returned his focus to the stage. "Clever, huh." he whispered.

"It's marketing, Kyu." I whispered back.

The mothers continued to bombard me questions of the beauty products I use. Well, of course, I endorsed all the products my subsidiary currently offers. Then... they started to doubt my age. This time, Kyu helped me out from hiding my real age. Maybe none of these mothers are parents of his current classmates. Nonetheless, I bet with this little strategy, it can help boost up the sales of Elle Cosmetics. Well, a little profit wouldn't hurt, right?

 

The program has ended after two hours. Still, the attention my son and I have been receiving didn't really stop at all. In fact, most of the people around identified me as the sharpshooter woman from the viral video two months ago. *Sigh*. Just when I thought that video already died down... It turned out I was wrong after all...

Sunkyu accompanied me up to the parking lot. "Bye, umma." he said as we arrived in front of my car.

"Bye. Behave, okay?"

"Pfft. I always behave."

I smiled. I brushed my hand on his hair. "Thank you for not being ashamed of me."

"Why would I be ashamed of you?"

"Because I got pregnant early?"

"Human body develops fully even right before adolescence. Basically, in the absence of the established norm in this world to procreate, you were just in the right age."

I chuckled. "You are really a smarty-pants." I pulled him to me and wrapped my arms around him. "You are so like me."

"Whhuuut?"

"Shut up. You're more of me than your father. If you don't agree then you can leave my home again."

"Wow. Just wow, umma."

I giggled, "I love you, Sweetie." I kissed his forehead.

"I'm not a kid anymore. Stop doing that and this--- stop hugging me." He struggled from removing my arms from him.

"You are still my baby, okay.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter