Going through the Six Degrees of Separation

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri POV

 

Dead.

 

That’s pretty much the only word I can describe my first night without Tiffany. I regret it. I regret everything last night. I shouldn’t have broken up with her. Now look at me, I don’t feel like living. I want to cry my heart out but there’s no single tear coming from my eyes anymore. I did nothing last night but to cry and cry. I didn’t really sleep at all because she’s been occupying my mind. No matter what I do, I couldn’t stop myself on thinking about her.

 

I went out of my room and saw Sunkyu in the kitchen already preparing our breakfast. “Good morning appa!” He greeted.

 

“Good morning, kid.”

 

“C’mon. Let’s eat. Where’s umma? Still sleeping?”

 

“Let’s just eat first, Kyu.”

 

“Where is she?”

 

“She... went out.”

 

“Where?”

 

“Just somewhere.”

 

“Appa... Where’s umma?”

 

“...”

 

“Appa.”

 

“She left us.”

 

“That’s not true.”

 

“It’s true, Kyu.”

 

“No! You’re lying! You’re lying!”

 

“Kyu...”

 

“Why? Did you make her leave?!”

 

“No. I-”

 

“I hate you, appa! I hate you so much!” He ran to his room. I tried to catch up to him but he already locked his door.

 

“Please get out of there. Let’s talk.”

 

“No! I hate you! I hate you so much!”

 

I never thought that I will break up with Tiffany. I never considered the consequence if that happens. Now it’s all up to me on how to explain to Sunkyu. Aissh. This is so frustrating. I guess I should take a leave from school today. I dialed Yoong’s number. “Hello, This is Im, speaking.”

 

“Hey. It’s me Yuri.”

 

“I know. I’m just trying out some formalities here. Heh heh~”

 

“Yeah right... Can I ask for a favor?”

 

“Uhhh- sure.”

 

“Can you tell Professor Kang I will take a leave today?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Sunkyu wouldn’t come out from his room.”

 

“Why? What happened?”

 

“Well... He was mad at me because Tiffany’s not here.”

 

“I don’t see his point of getting mad.”

 

I took a deep breath then told him, “She left, like permanently. We broke up.”

 

“What?!”

 

“We already broke up.”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“I said we already broke up!”

 

“I know. I heard you. It’s just... WHAT?!”

 

“Yoong, I’m hanging up.”

 

“No no no! Wait. But why you did that?”

 

“What why? Aren’t you the one who told me to break up with her?”

 

“No that’s not what I told you. I said you should at least consider to find out what really happened and don’t pretend like it’s nothing at all. Don’t be blind. I didn’t say you should throw her away.”

 

“Aissh. Now you’re making me feel guiltier on this!”

 

“Hyung, you know what you did? You just threw the big fish you caught right back to the pond. Seriously, you won’t find someone else better than Tiffany-noona for you.”

 

“Let’s stop talking about her now.”

 

“I’ll drop by at your house later, okay. You seriously need a knock on the head.” He said and ended the call. Yeah. I really do deserve a knock on the head.

 

I did nothing but waited for Sunkyu to come out from his room all day. I tried everything to lure him out, played PlayStation 3 out loud, maximize the volume of his cartoons, and still, he wouldn’t come out. So, I decided to just play with my phone while waiting for him. But then, I saw my message inbox holding like hundreds of new messages. Some from my friends and all others are from unknown numbers. What the hell is this?!

 

Unknown#1: You guys already broke up?!

Unknown#2: Why?! T________T

Jessica: Is she still living with you?

Taeyeon: Dude, you are so effing stupid, don’t you know that?!

Unknown#3: Yes! Finally you decided to leave my Tiffany alone!

Unknown#4: You don’t deserve her. She’ll be mine and she’ll be happier with me!

Unknown#5: No more YulTi? :(

 

YulTi? What’s that?

 

I stopped on browsing all of the messages. They’re too many. I don’t even know how they all got my number.

 

It’s already afternoon and yet, Sunkyu hasn’t come out from his room. I don’t know what to do anymore to lure him out. That’s it. I’m gonna call her. “What is it this time? You’re gonna bug me on the phone?!” Tiffany said from the other line.

 

“Not even a hello?”

 

“We already broke up, right?”

 

“So that’s it? You won’t even say ‘hello’ to me?”

 

“What do you want, Yuri?!”

 

“Sunkyu wouldn’t come out from his room.”

 

“Not my problem. Your fault, you fix it.”

 

“What?! You’re the one who left the house!”

 

“You’re the one who broke up with me!”

 

“I didn’t say you should leave like that!”

 

“What?! We. Broke. Up. What do you think I’ll do? So now you’re like telling me I should date Sooyoung while sleep with you at night? What am I? A toy that both of you can share?!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter