S.A.R. 102: Identifying the Culprit

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri POV

 

It’s the start of the third day since Tiffany was gone, exactly 00:01 AM. Yoong, Jessica and I hacked the security system in Nakseongdae earlier and we spent the rest of the hours waiting for the downloading of the record to finish here at Yoong and Jessica’s place.

“I think both of you should just join the military intelligence.” Jessica snapped.

“Not really. It was just Yoong.”

“Nah. All I did was just the technical part. You are the one who smoothened the scheme.” Yoong said.

“Still, you did the most part.”

“Ugghhhhh- shut up. The two of you sounded like bros in love, bromance much?” She butted in. “So, isn’t it done yet?”

“Almost.” Yoong answered, still focusing on the laptop screen. “Come on... Come on...”

“Almost there...”

“There done!” Yoong immediately opened the video recording.

“They departed exactly 8:16AM.” I said. He skipped the video at the time and it was there. The four masked men and Tiffany.

“Skip the video around 7AM.” I said and he complied.

“The van’s already there.” He said.

“Make it earlier.” She snapped. He then skipped the video around ‘til he stumbled on 6:12AM. I pointed out the truck rushing in from the farther street, “There. That was my truck.” Few seconds later, the van came and parked.

“So they were already tailing you back in the port bay?” He asked.

“I guess... Or it might have tailed us since we departed my apartment.” I said. We continued to watch and suddenly, a man came out from the van. “Pause it there.”

“Who is that? I haven’t seen him before.” Sica said.

“Me neither.”

“I’ll call the others. Maybe they have a clue who was he.” She said and walked out of the study room. Afterwards, she came back along with Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. “Taec’s still out searching. I already called him though. He’ll be here soon.”

“Okay. Thanks.” Soo and Hyo came near us. “You guys know who this is?” I asked and they both shook. Yoong saved a snapshot of the guy then played the video again. After few seconds another guy came out.

“That guy’s familiar.” Sooyoung snapped.

“Really?”

“Yeah. I think I saw him around Malibu Club. He’s like a regular client there. I’m not that sure though.”

“If that is so then maybe the guy’s already spying in Malibu way back then?” Jessica asked.

“I guess...”

“Wow. This scheme seemed to be so well-planned.” Yoong said. He then continued the video and it seemed that the other two guys were already masked beforehand. They didn't come out until the first two finally succeeded on capturing Tiffany.

“Sorry I’m late.” Taec said as he came in.

“Taec, do you know these two?”

He came near and gazed over the two snapshots, “Yeah. The first one’s from my university. He’s Eunhyuk. We were in the same class last semester. I don’t know the second guy but I think he’s familiar... Don’t tell me they are the ones who abducted Tiffany?”

“Exactly.”

“Damn...” He hissed.

“At least we got a lead now. Let’s all take a break for tonight. We’ll search by the morning then.” I said.

“Okay.” They said with exception of Hyoyeon. “I think I’ll be staying up for the night. I’ll search for the two guys over the internet to hasten our tracing.” She said.

“Thanks Hyo.”

“You should sleep too, Yuri. You haven’t had any sleep yet for days.”

She’s right. I need to take rest for a bit too. Now that we got leads on who have abducted her. I should restore at least a little energy.

 

 

---

 

 

It’s already 4:00AM when I woke up. I only had more than three hours of sleep but I guess that’s enough for me. I got up of the couch and check Sunkyu on the bedroom. He’s still sleeping soundly with Yoong and Sooyoung beside him. I went back to the study room and saw Hyoyeon still up.

“How’s the search going?” I asked. I pulled out a chair and sat there beside her.

“I found Eunhyuk's place. He’s living around Gwangmyeong district. This other guy’s named Junsu and he’s not studying in Ah In like Eunhyuk. He’s from our school.”

“Great. Have you gotten their address?”

“Only Eunhyuk’s, the identity of this Junsu is still vague. Maybe, I'll try to dig up some information from our school later.”

“Thanks Hyoyeon.”

“No need for that, Yuri.”

“No, really... I don’t know what to do without you guys.” She then tapped my back, “Yuri, Yuri, Yuri. You’re not alone in here. We’re all in this together. You get it?

We’re all in this together~ One sweet note that we have~ we’re all stars~ and we see that~”

I chuckled in response. She then pinched my cheeks so hard, “Finally you smiled!” I frantically rubbed both of my cheeks, “That hurts.”

“We’ll find her soon so don’t worry so much. It won’t hurt if you’ll smile even a little. Now, I’ll be sleeping for a bit. Wake me up definitely NOT when September ends okay.” She laughed out then left me in the room.

I then went to the kitchen and I saw Jessica still up. She was staring at the window, thinking about something deeply. I nudged her and she was startled, “Oh Yuri, it's too early for you to wake up.”

“I couldn’t sleep much. What about you? Why are you still up?”

"Same here." She then looked back at the window, “I’m worried about Fany. Who would do such thing to her?”

“What about me, huh? I felt like dying right now, you know. It’s been only a week we got back together for real and I even just wasted it.”

“No one really expected this would happen. Don't think like that, Yuri-yah.”

“Yeah...”

 

...

 

“Yuri.”

“Mmmm?”

“What if... Taeyeon got abducted too? I know I’m not really that worried of him before but then this happened to Tiffany. I thought maybe this might have happened to him too and we got no clue about it.”

“Don’t think too much, Jessica. Taeyeon will be fine. At least, that’s how I feel. Like you said before, maybe he was just around the corner wandering around.”

“I hope it’s all just that. I will really feel awful if something bad happened to him. I will totally not forgive myself.”

I rested my arm over her shoulders and she leaned her head on me, "I promise you. When we're done searching for Tiffany, we'll search for him."

She then looked up to me, "So it's like another search and rescue operation?"

"Yep."

"Thanks, Yuri-yah."

"No prob."

 

 

---

 

 

We proceeded with our plan. Yoong and Hyoyeon's team searched up the school and for possible people who knew about Junsu. Taecyeon, on the other hand, continued the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter