The Teen Prince's Horrible Birthday Gift

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri POV

"Chase him. Make sure to not let him get away." Yoong commanded at the Hwang security group head.

"Yes, sir." He and his subordinates bowed then immediately proceeded and left.

"Yoong-appa, what's going on?" Sunkyu asked as he went closer. "What is Tao-hyung saying? Sehun-hyung's not really my uncle?"

"Go attend to your umma for now, okay? Stay with her." Yoong then redirected to Taeyeon. "Hyung, can I ask for your help? Please assure the other visitors there's nothing to worry about. The party's still on. I'm just gonna take Tao inside." Then, he lowered his voice. "We can't cancel this celebration because of this commotion, not until we're done with it."

"Okay. Don't worry." Taeyeon looked at Kyu. "Come on. Let's go." The latter just nodded and turned away sadly.

Yoong approached Henry. "Dad, let's get inside." Then, he helped Tao from standing up. The three of them started to head inside the house. Taeyeon immediately assisted on getting the party back to normal.

Immediately afterwards, Miss Elizabeth, Jessica, Sunny, and Stephanie came out of the rest house. Miss Elise excused herself and headed to the main house too. Sunny and Jessica assisted Taeng on attending to the other visitors. Stephanie, on the other hand, went back to her original seat and ate the food she left earlier. Still the same, she's wearing a lifeless expression. It was like, she doesn't give a damn on what happened at all, or probably she didn't even notice. Sunkyu just approached her and stood by her side and just stared at her.

 

I followed the Hwangs inside the manor. I found them at the first floor's dining hall. It was the farthest from where the party is being held. I guess that's why they decided to occupy the room. I didn't go inside and just eavesdropped from the door. I opened it slightly to be able to see what's going on.

"What happened, Jae?" Miss Elise asked. Yet, her husband didn't respond. She looked at Tao and asked him, "What happened? Why did you attack your brother?"

He ignored her and mumbled in his own, "I should have known early... I should have ing known early..."

...

Then, his mood suddenly went differently. He's in outrage again. "Why...?" Tao glared at his father. "Why did you let him into your home?!"

"H-he's my son. What do you want me to do?" Henry responded.

"He's not your ing son!"

"What are you talking about?! I had him checked. The DNA tests result showed he's really my son."

"Did you even ensure the result was not faked?!"

He didn't answer and just looked away.

"You ing nursed a snake inside your home. You dressed him up, fed him, raised him as your own. And, you didn't even try to at least find out who he really was? Or even try to know what was his life before he came to you?!"

"..."

Tao looked away, "I should have known early... If only I just got away from my prison escape successfully, I could have taken noona away from him."

Yoong approached him, "Tao, just tell us what it is. What's with Sehun? Did you know him before?"

"Yes..."

...

"I totally know him..."

...

"He's a hitman... a hired killer... an assassin... whatever you prefer to call such despicable demon..."

"What?!" Henry shouted in rage. "How could say that?! How are you even sure it was him that you knew before?!"

"If I'm wrong then why did he run away?!"

...

"If he was that ing innocent, he should have stayed and defended himself!"

...

Yoong then snapped, "If he was then, I don't think he had done anything suspicious in this house for over the years. I don't remember anyone getting killed, or murdered or..."

"You don't understand..."

...

"That Sehun wasn't a typical kind of an assassin... His methods are way more horrible..."

...

"Nine years ago, my mom started to suffer from cancer. We were so penniless. I didn't know where to go to find money. That's why I... I did everything I could do... I stole, I snatched, I did a lot of horrible things... Then, one day, I met Jongin-hyung. He told me that I had potential to do something great. So, he recruited me. He got me into a somewhat underground of assassins... I never killed anyone, though. Well, I couldn't kill anyone... good thing Wakka-hyung got me out of that place and just recruited me in his troupe.

But, in that very place... that's where I met him, that Sehun who you're all calling.

He was using a different name during that time. He introduced himself as Yan Su. We were always teamed up by Jongin-hyung since we were just at the same age. And that's when I found out of his unusual methods of doing his killings.

He attacks his victims at extremely covert level. He doesn't use weapons or even anything that can physically harm his victims. Instead, he hypnotizes them... brainwashes... manipulates them in every way he could think of. I know what I'm saying is freaking absurd, but, it's real. I've seen it with my own eyes..."

He looked away and immersed in his thoughts. It was like as if he remembered a terrifying moment. Then, he continued, "Jongin-hyung told me to watch Yan Su on his method. He said that I should learn from him.  I was tasked to follow his steps, so, I was like his apprentice.

Yan Su's method takes place in random durations, sometimes just a few hours, sometimes few days, then months, depending on the vulnerability of his victim.

One time, we were tasked to assassinate an adult man, probably he's around his thirties. We got him kidnapped, trapped inside a warehouse for three days. That poor man... he was a freaking stranger to him. Yet, during those few days, Sehun got inside his head so easily. He used some kind of technique, a psychological assassination method, I think, and then, convinced the guy to question his own sanity. Afterwards, they just dropped the guy to his workplace as if nothing happened. The next morning, that guy committed suicide."

That's his very method. He acts as if close to his victims, like, as if, he's really part of their lives. Then, he gains control of their minds. Once, he commanded a friend of his target to do the killing for him. In another instance, he makes them consume drugs in case the victim's mind was difficult to be poisoned for him... Sometimes, he tend to play around them first, make them hurt themselves, suffer from pain on their own doings, before really ending their own lives afterwards.

It was ing demonic. I couldn't even take it. Yet, it seemed like it was all nothing to him." He chuckled bitterly. "That guy's a ing psychopath. He has no conscience... no empathy... no remorse...

I tried to escape from them as soon as I possibly could, but, I couldn't. Sehun has seen through me and even tried to manipulate my mind. He couldn't do it successfully, though. Probably, it's because I already knew what he really is... "

...

He looked at the three of them. "Do you now realize what I am trying to tell you...?"

...

"Tiffany-noona's condition shouldn't be this much worse... The only possible reason is that there's somebody who has been poisoning her mind for over the years. Someone has been driving her in vain. And, without a doubt... it's Sehun."

...

"It's been years... It's kind of unusual, especially for Fany-noona's personality. With her frequent visits to me for the last six years, I already know her so well. She's strong-willed and totally optimistic person."

...

"Yes, I know what happened was really tragic but, that can't actually drive anyone to..." He looked away. "...to actually lose her mind. Right...? Yes, it's understandable to get severely depressed, but... this...? Damn hell..." Tears fell from his eyes again. "If only I knew... this wouldn't have happened on her..."

 

Miss Elizabeth felt weakened from what Tao just revealed. She almost lost balance and had fallen on a dining chair. Good thing, Yoong was there to assist her. Then, she burst into tears. Grudge was obvious on Henry and Yoong's faces. Yet, at the same time, tears have fallen from their eyes too.

"How could this happen...? How could we not know...?" Miss Elise sobbed.

"I'm going to kill him. I'm going to ing kill him!" Henry shouted and landed his fists on the wooden table.

That ... Damn it...

I had the Hwangs spied for years. I had her monitored. I always ensured for her safety over the years... Now, this...?

Why didn't I even realize he's a ing threat to her...?

 

I walked farther away from the door and dialed Rap's number. Soon, he picked up, "Yes, boss?"

"I need you to abduct Sehun. Gather our men and hunt for him."

"Sehun? Miss Stephanie's younger brother?"

"Yes."

"B-but, boss, we already have our whole team hunting for Siwon Goo."

"Then, recruit more men. Go hire your former colleagues. I don't ing care how much it will cost as long as you capture him as soon as possible."

"O-okay, boss."

"I want him ing alive, Rap." Because I will be the one who's going to kill him.

"Affirmative."

I ended the call. When I turned around, I found my fiancé about to head for the dining hall too. I quickly hid.

She knocked on the door first. It was Yoong who answered it. He excused himself from those who were inside and went out of the room. "What is it?" he asked her.

She was about to answer when she noticed the difference on Yoong's mood. "What's wrong?" she asked back. "What happened?"

"N-nothing."

"Yah. There's no need for you to hide it from me."

He sighed first then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter