The Execution of a Horrendous Crime

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri POV

It's the 27th of September. It will be just one more day before mine and Sunkyu's flight for Shanghai.

Yes. No more stubbornness or any foolish acts of trying to bring back Tiffany to my life. It's time for me to move on. There were lots of them, Ms. Elizabeth, Jessica, and even my dad, who insisted me stop. So, tell me, what can I do with that?

Most particularly, to be honest, Dad's actually the one who changed my mind completely. With the last thing he told me on that day Jessica left, I was consumed by second thoughts...

*"Do you really want to know why? Because, I tell you, once you'll finally know everything about your past, it will never be the same again."*

Why? What exactly happened before?

Yet, as much as I wanted to know everything, I decided in the end not to ask him. I am afraid, afraid of seeing her in a different way completely. So, it's better for me to just treasure the last memory of me and Tiffany than that be replaced by the past dad warned me of.

 

Apparently, I'm getting myself ready for work, the last day for me as I will just have to turnover my accountabilities to my deputy. Yet, as I was about to be finished, Mr. Ginger, our butler, came into my room. "I apologize for the rudeness, Sir Yuri."

"What is it, Ginger?"

"Ms. Krystal Jung forced herself to come inside the mansion."

"But I told you not to let her in."

"I apologize, Sir--"

"KWON YURI!!!" Krystal shouted downstairs. "YOU GET DOWN HERE, NOW!"

I hurried my way out to take a peek from the stairs. Krystal's glaring at me and looked raging mad. "K-Krystal, what are you doing here?" I asked then faked a smile.

"YOU... YOU MORON! YOU GET DOWN HERE NOW!"

I complied and as soon as I got nearer her, she slapped me continuously on my chest. "I hate you. I hate you. I hate you!"

"Ouch-- Arg-- Krystal-- stop!" I then successfully grabbed her both hands. "Why are you so mad at me?!"

Her eyes now looked teary, "You freaking told me days ago that I can still pay a visit here. Then, all of a sudden, you're ordering your guards not to let me in?!"

"Krystal..."

"Tell me, huh, tell me a good reason?!"

"There's no reason for you to visit us. Look. I'm sorry if I did tell you before you still can but..."

"But what?"

"I don't think there's still a point for you to."

"There is, you jerk. We're friends!"

"Is that it? Is that your real reason?"

"..."

"Krystal..." I gripped her hands tight. "I actually know... your true feelings for me. And I can never return the same for you. I'm a broken man. My wounds will never heal completely. Tiffany will always have my heart. I know myself that I can never love anyone else again."

"B-but. Yuri, I... Yuri, just open your heart to me and I promise you, I will make you happy."

"I'm sorry."

She finally burst into tears, "I love you! I love you so much and I don't really care if you will never love me back! Just give me a chance. Please, Yuri."

I loosened my grip on her. "I don't deserve you, Krys. There are lots of guys out there that is much better than me."

"I... But, I don't care..."

"It's better for you not to visit us anymore." I placed my one hand on her shoulder. "Thank you, Krystal. Thank you for everything."

She looked at me intently. "Alright. If that is what you really then, it will be okay to me. I will accept everything because... that's how much I love you." And with no more words, she captured my lips with hers.

"Goodbye, Yuri." She then bid and left the mansion.

 

"Damn it..."

 

"Now what's that?" Dad suddenly snapped as he came towards me.

"Don't tell me you were eavesdropping again?"

"Can't help. We live in the same house, my boy."

I sighed, "Yeah, right."

"So, apparently, you just turned down another Jung. Seriously, Yuri, what is wrong with you? The Jung sisters are so much of beauties. They even have warm and golden hearts too."

"I... I don't feel the same for her, okay."

"But what's with the frown?"

"She... she's a good kisser too."

He suddenly laughed, "I knew it. I saw your face from afar and I say, you were really amused like when you returned little Jessica's kiss the last time."

I sighed again, "Why do they always propose before kissing me? If anyone of them have kissed me firstly, I probably agreed."

"You still have a chance to run for her though, you know."

"Nah, it only works when I'm startled. Besides, I'm already decided anyway. "

"So, even I can never really stop you from moving to Shanghai, eh?"

"Yeah... Sorry, dad."

"Nah. It's all okay..."

"Wait. Isn't this what you wanted too? For me to run away from the Hwangs?"

"I didn't mean it literally, okay. What I really meant is for you to stop trying to see her."

"Well... I guess with me and Fany, we really need a country-wide distance for us to stop."

He sighed. "True. Though, I'm really gonna miss you and Sunkyu. But, anyway, I'm actually thinking of transferring the head office there so us three can still be tog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter