[ARC IV] A Cruel Ending's New Beginning

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello, my dear readers!

This is the beginning of a new arc/season/book/whatever. So, before anything else, let's do a recap on what happened at the end of arc 3 and on arc 3.5.

Arc 3
1. Hyoyeon migrated to Las Vegas with her family and Taecyeon.
2. Sooyoung flew to U.S. to convince Hyoyeon to come back yet ended up confessing his love for her. In conclusion, they just settled for a long distance relationship.
3. Yoong was disowned by his father and started to live on his own.
4. Tiffany struggled with severe depression and even attempted to end her life. She was consistently helped out by her friends and family, hence, given her a chance to start a new life without Yuri.
5. Jessica has given her blessing to Tiffany to try to open up her heart to Yoong, saying new love might be the key for Tiffany to completely move on.
6. Hyoyeon found out of the connivance between Siwon Goo and Henry Hwang in annihilating the Kwons completely. It was revealed they have a new target: Yunho's illegitimate son - Yuri's half-brother.
7. Taeyeon decided to go with Jessica wherever she planned to go. However, he was turned down by her. Hence, they both ended up parting ways at the airport.
8. Taeyeon coincidentally met Seohyun at the airport. She convinced him to go with her somewhere and he eventually agreed. In the end, he was brought to a place in U.S. only to find out Yuri was still alive.

Arc 3.5
A. Events from the past (before the events in Season 1):
   1. It was revealed that Yuri was really the childhood prince Tiffany has been searching for all along.
   2. Yoong and Yuri's friendship began since childhood, treated each other as best friends/archenemies since then.
   3. Series of events that had led to Yuri and Tiffany parting ways and also to the death of Yuri's parents has been unfolded.
   4. Clue on the identity of Yuri's half-brother has also been disclosed.

B. Continuation of the present (after the events in Season 3):
   1. Yuri turned out to be in a comatose condition for eleven months due to an accident during his escape from Anseong prison.
   2. It was revealed in the end that Yuri's mother, Boa, turned out to be alive.

And that's it! Hope I didn't miss any, though. Anyways, let's start with a brand new chapter. Here it goes!

 

 

Tiffany POV

 

Dark water. Gray, empty sky. Dead leaves floating.

 

I always end up in this place. It is either I'm swimming in or floating on the water. It always has been the same for three years. And most of the time, I just tend to stay in this place for a very long period of time. Then, afterwards... afterwards... I don't know what happens next.

It is highly unusual this time, however. I am standing on the liquid surface. The dark water looks too deep, yet, I'm not even sinking at all. Still, everything else is the same, most especially on how I feel throughout the whole time I stay here.

 

Empty.

 

Nothing.

 

Totally nothing at all.

 

Yet... it's like the worst torture for me.

 

I wonder how I will be able to stop ending up in this place. I wonder when this place will stop haunting me. I wonder... I wonder why...

 

Blood. Now, I have blood on my hands. I was like bleeding hell. The blood keeps dripping down to the water. But, why I don't feel like I'm not running out of it? It is somehow owned by someone else and was not my very own blood.

 

Now, I feel the cold. My body uncontrollably shivered from the feeling. I started to feel weak.

 

Suddenly, I was pulled down deep into the water. I couldn't get away from the grasp of the dark matter on my ankles. It continued to pull me down under. I'm running out of air. I'm about to drown... probably, again. The familiar feeling has seeped inside me again. I am drowning again.

I looked at the sky. I tried to reach out to the surface. I was helpless, though.

 

Now... Now I feel like dying.

 

 

---

 

 

I bolted up. I gasped for air. I panted hard. I felt my heartbeat was too fast. I felt the pressure on my chest. I touched my forehead. I felt some beads of sweat.

That's it. Another episode of a nightmare.

I wandered my eyes. I am back here in our bedroom. I heard him rushed his way to head into this room. He opened the door widely and was panting hard. "Tiffany, is everything alright?" my boyfriend, Im Yoong, asked in an obvious tone of worriment.

I smiled faintly at him, "Yes..."

He sighed deeply. Then, he went near. He climbed on the bed and sat beside me. He then wiped the sweat from my forehead with his bare hand. "Don't tell me it's the same nightmare again?"

I nodded in response. He sighed again then, he pulled me into his arms. I rested my head on his chest. "Tell me, did you stress out yourself again today?" he asked.

"No..."

"I told you not to think too much. Don't get yourself too much occupied by the work at the office."

"But, I'm trying not to, okay. Still, it's always the same." I broke away and looked at him. "Remember, I still have three more projects to wrap up next month. I can't let their completion be delayed, anyway."

He sighed loudly this time. "I already told you to transfer those to me. Didn't I tell you to just busy yourself on one project at a time? You freaking held eleven projects just by this quarter alone. Are you trying to torture yourself?"

"I am my father's heir, Yoong. I know, I know, you are the man and we're going to get married someday, but, that does not necessarily mean you should shoulder everything alone. I mean, I have to try coping up with all the work myself."

"I know. But, that's okay if you're not suffering from that somewhat chronic nightmare. Doctor Yeol has always been telling you to lie low on the work and try to chill down sometimes."

"But..."

"But what? What will be your alibi again?"

I pouted. "You don't have time for me..."

He then chuckled, "Really? Is that it?"

I went closer and hugged him. I caressed his chest with my free hand. "You were always busy. So, I thought if I try to share your workload, you will have more time for me."

He looked at me in quizzical. "I know this tactic of yours, Fany-yah. Do you think I am that naive to fall for your trick again?"

I gazed at him. I kissed his chin. "I am not tricking you. Come on." I guided him to face me. I made my nose touched his. "It's all true. All I just want is your attention."

He then stared directly into my eyes. Then, he captured my lips with his. I closed my eyes. I'm engulfed in his taste. He continued to tease my lips with his tongue. Yet, suddenly he stopped.

I looked at him, confused, "What's wrong?"

"Wait. I'll just wrap up my work."

"Yah. Just do that in the morning."

"No. I need to secure my laptop. Else, Sunkyu might try to erase all my work again. Wait." He then pecked my cheek and rushed out of the room.

 

A few moments later, he came back to the room. He quickly locked the door and climbed on the bed like an excited little kid. I giggled as he pinned me down under him. He kissed my forehead, then the tip of my nose, and lastly, my lips. He began to pour kisses on my jawline.

"Have you got any news about her?" I uttered.

"Who...?" he asked as he busied himself on kissing my neck.

"Jessica."

"Mmm... No..." he inserted his hands under my shirt and began to caress my torso. "Why would I?"

"Well... aren't you curious about where she is now? What is she doing now?"

He stopped and looked at me, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Why are you opening such topic now?"

"I don't know... I am just wondering..."

He chuckled, "Don't worry about her much. Jessica can sure take care of herself on her own." He went back on kissing my lips then my jawline as he lifted my shirt up.

"No... I'm not pertaining to that..."

"Uhuh. What is it then?"

"I'm just wondering if..."

He stopped again and looked at me straight. I caressed his face with both of my hands. "If...?" he repeated in question.

"If... you still think about her?"

He sighed, "Not really..."

"I see..."

He held my hands. He then leaned forward and kissed me. He began to caressed my torso again as he kissed my neck. He traveled his one hand at my back to unclasp my upper undergarment.

"So, what if she'll come back?"

He went back facing me, now looking annoyed. "Can we just stop talking about her?"

I looked away.

I heard him sigh loudly. Then, he uttered, "If she comes back, then, okay, she's back. What do you want me to do with that?"

"You know, she still loves you..."

"Jesus Christ, Tiffany. It's already been four years, okay!" He removed himself from the top of me and just sat at the side of the bed.

I sat up and scooted near him. I hugged him from his side. "Yah. Yoong. Please don't get mad."

He looked at me boringly. Then he sighed again as he explained, "You are my girlfriend now. She's just a part of my past now, okay? What part

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter