True Love Strikes Only Once

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri POV

"Hey, boss." Rap snapped from the other line of the call.

"How was your search?"

"We already got a lead on where to find Sehun. Tao and I are just gonna confront this man tonight. We'll give you an update as soon as possible."

"Good. Make sure to be safe, okay. Take care of Tao. He just got out of prison. We'll be in trouble if we got him abducted by the police again."

He sighed loudly, "Gee, boss. Tao's even more experienced than me in this kind of thing. Shouldn't you be worried more about me?"

I sighed too, "Whatever. Just take care, you two. Bye."

"Alrighty." he lastly said and ended the call.

Tao has been helping me out on trying to find Sehun's whereabouts since last week. His father actually forbids him from conducting a search on his own, though, that, he should just focus on going back to school and let their security focus on the search. But, yeah, I know Tao will never just shrug this one and he found out from Rap about our own search plan. Well, at least, we got a better chance now as Tao is familiar with Sehun.

 

 

---

 

 

I arrived back to our place. I was right, that, it was just Jessica's bluff that she'll have another meeting with their family lawyer for tonight. She happened to bore herself with liquor as she seated on the bench of our balcony.

"Hey, there." I snapped and successfully caught her attention.

"Hey..."

"Mind if I join you?"

"Sure."

I sat beside her. She poured her shot glass with her favorite liquor, vodka, and handed it to me. "Thanks." She smiled in response. We both went back to silence as we stared up at the dark and empty night sky.

After a few minutes of silence, she finally snapped, breaking the ice, "The sky sure is sooo empty... no stars... the moon's even out of sight..."

"Yeah..." I looked at her, "Doesn't that make you remember of the past, though?"

She smiled faintly and asked back, "You mean, that night when we first literally slept with each other?"

I chuckled, "Yeah. That one..."

"Hmm. Good old times..."

"It sure is..."

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

"Jessica...?"

"Yeah?"

"If... uhhmm... If you'll be given a chance to go back in time... will you go back and try to change it?"

She sighed deeply, "I don't know..."

...

"Everything's too wrecked up with my life. If I'll ever get a chance, probably... probably I'll do lots of fixing of errors. So, it can't be done with just a single chance."

"Well... There's always a decision in your life that impacts the most compared to the rest."

"Can you cite an example then? I mean, on your side... what do you regret the most that you wanted now to change?"

I looked away and stared back at the sky. I answered, "Sixteen years ago... I should have confronted my father and interfere on his cheating."

...

"I think that was the worst decision I ever did in my life when I pretended I didn't know a single thing... If... If I did the otherwise, he's probably still alive..."

...

"The problem with your family wouldn't have risen up too."

I glanced at her and found tears have fallen from her eyes. She immediately wiped them with her fingers. She faked a chuckle, "Don't try to blame yourself for what happened to my life."

I sighed, "You gotta admit it. That's the very reason why our lives got ed up."

"And do you think with you interfering on your father's affair will make everything change to a different path?"

"I guess so..."

"It was not entirely your fault, you know. It can't exactly be considered your decision alone."

"Hmm... Alright... but, how about you? What's the decision back then that you wanna change?"

"Maybe... maybe during the time I decided to confront my mother after Taeyeon and I broke up."

...

"If only I didn't and just accepted the truth that we're over, probably, my mom would have still been alive by now."

"But... didn't you tell me before that someone killed your mom?"

"It happened at the hospital, Yuri... It was the time when she was rushed to the hospital because of the heart attack during our confrontation. She recovered from the heart attack but minutes after, she really earned her death."

"I see..."

...

"But... Come to think of it..." She chuckled bitterly. "Destiny doesn't really work that way."

...

"No matter what decision we will make, it will never change our fate. There are many roads, streets, ways to take... in the end we all still have the same exit."

...

"The end will always be the same."

I chuckled bitterly, "So you're practically saying we have no freedom in life, right?"

"Exactly..."

"I think you're just watching too much of 'Final Destination' film series."

She laughed, "You are really unpredictably funny, Yul."

I chuckled, "What? Wasn't that the concept of that film series? No matter what you do, you can never change your fate."

She chuckled again then sighed loudly, "Alright. Alright. Probably it's because of those films."

"But, Jess... Can I ask you another thing...?"

"Sure..."

"If ever... If ever we got taken back to the time when I proposed to you..."

...

"Will you still say yes...?"

...

...

"Will you..." She gazed at me. "Will you still ask me...?"

"Maybe..."

...

...

...

"Jessica...?"

"Yeah...?"

"Do you...? Do you still love him?"

"W-who...?"

"Yoong."

...

"So..."

...

"Do you...?"

"Well... Maybe...?"

I chuckled, "'Maybe' is not a valid answer, Jess."

She sighed deeply, "Well... I don't know..."

"Come on. You can be honest with me."

"Fine."

...

 

...

 

"What?"

"What what?"

"What's your answer?"

"I still..." She sighed again. "Love him..."

"I see..."

...

...

"Do you still love her?"

...

...

"Yeah... I do..."

"I see..."

...

...

I reached for her hand. She stared back at me. "Listen." I uttered.

...

"I know... I know I can never replace him in your heart."

...

"And, I know..."

...

"I know that you can never be happy with me."

...

"So, I'm letting you go..."

Tears have fallen from her eyes. She looked away. "So, you're breaking up with me?"

"Y-yes..."

...

"I know I was wrong. I know I shouldn't have dragged you into this mess too. It was so unfair to you. I'm sorry..."

"Then, why did you...?" She glanced at me.

I looked away and gazed at the sky, "I just thought..."

...

"I just thought that I don't want to end up lonely."

...

"I wanna be happy too... just like them..."

...

"And I couldn't think of any other woman that can give me happiness but you..." I chuckled bitterly. "It was a very selfish act, I know."

"I agreed on this too, Yuri. It was not a selfish act."

"I know you just had no choice."

...

I looked at her, "It's because I made it look like you had no choice, Jessica." I squeezed her hand lightly. "I'm very, very sorry I dragged you to my stupidity too."

She lowered her head. She continued to sob softly. I pulled her into my arms and embraced her tight. She buried her face in my chest and cried, "I don't want us to break up, Yuri. Please... I don't want to lose you too."

"You're not going to lose me." I cupped her face with my hands and made her look at me. "I'm just giving you your freedom. Freedom to choose."

...

"I don't want you to end up regretting this. Our relationship, I mean. I don't want to be the reason of your sadness someday."

"We're going to be each other's happiness. Isn't that what we planned?"

I avoided her gaze as I smiled faintly, "Yeah, we did..."

"I love you." She cupped my face too. "And I know, I can fully love you someday and just you."

"But, not as much as you love him."

She pulled away and r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter