Accidental Omission of the Police Line

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Short Story:

"Mom! Mom! Can you tell me a story?"

"Okay, what kind of story do you want?"

"I want a love story! A super romantic, cheesy, and fluffy love story!"

*Sigh* "Alirght, alright… Kid, let me tell you a story about---"

"How you met dad?!"

"Err-- well, the story of how I met your dad was not really that special. So, instead, I will tell you a story about---"

"How you fell in love with dad?!"

"Well… I will actualy tell you about---"

"How dad fell in love with you?!"

*Sigh* "Kid, your dad and I didn't exactly fell in love with each other in a pretty much exciting way. You know what I mean? It was just… a developed relationship. I will tell you about--

"How y---"

"HOW- your dad and I hooked up."

*imitates-fart-noise* "BOOORRRIIINNNNGG!"

"Yumi. It is not boring. In fact, that moment was like… the very highlight of our relationship." *clears-throat* "In one afternoon…"

 

Tiffany POV

"Sorry about that, Yoong. You even witnessed my mom and dad fighting." I said. We just finished our lunch and now headed to his car parked in front of the manor.

He chuckled, "Nah, it's all okay to me, noona. My mom and dad fight most of the time too so, I'm already used to that kind of atmosphere."

"Really? Like, way too serious fights, you mean to say?"

"Uhh--- more like petty ones but it's just the same. A little or big, they're still called fights."

"But still--"

"Noona." He held me on my arms. "It's all okay. Just stop getting yourself stressed about it. For now, let's head to the gang." We continued on walking.

"Wait. Didn't you just say earlier it will be only us two?"

He looked at me and wiggled his eye brows. "Ohh. So, now you want to be alone with me? Tell me noona, are you falling for me?"

"No, Yoong. I really just don't want to hang out with our friends." I responded in irritation.

"Ohh. So, now I'm not a friend in your eyes? Are we now more than friends'?" He wiggled his eye brows weirdly again.

"One more, Yoong, and we will no longer be friends."

"Then, we'll be lovers???"

"Arrghhh-- you're so annoying! I quit!" I walked back to the manor. Yet, he caught my forearm and pulled me back. He chuckled, "Come on. I was just kidding, noona."

Despite my complaint, he still dragged me into his car. Then, he immediately started its engine and drove off. "Where are we going?" I asked.

"At my place."

"You mean, the old or the new place?"

"What new?"

"The new place, the one where I caught you and Sica dating on your birthday."

"Oh. That..."

"So??? Where?"

"At the old. But uhmm-- noona, can I tell you one thing?"

"Sure."

"Promise me you will not get mad first."

"What is this about?"

"Just promise me first!"

I groaned in defeat, "Fine. What is it?"

He bit his lip first and had me waited for few seconds. Then, he uttered, "That place was actually..."

"Actually???"

"It was actually Yuri-hyung's new place after he left your old apartment."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"So, basically, uhmm-- that was his place of hideout."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"And uhhm-- he was actually there at the bedroom when you came."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Err-- noona?"

"..."

"Aren't you gonna react from what I said?"

With a snap, I grasp his neck with both of my hands. "I WILL KILL YOU!!!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa wait noona, the car's gonna crash!" He tried his best to remove my hands from him.

"I DON'T FREAKING CARE! I WILL KILL YOU!"

"Noona but you said you will not get mad!"

"I AM NOT MAD. I AM SO FREAKING MAD I WILL KILL YOU!!!"

He successfully stopped the car. He removed my hands and grab a hold of them. "Noona, calm down, please!"

I was about to tear up, "How could you do this to me, Yoong?! So all along you knew where the Yuri was since he was gone?!"

He diverted his gaze from me, "Yes..."

I swatted his hands and looked away. I started to cry. I felt him held my hand yet, I removed it away again. "Noona." he called.

"Please, stop talking."

"I'm so sorry."

"If you just told me, Yoong, Yuri and I would have been together now and not him being imprisoned instead. We would have already escaped from my father."

"Noona."

"..."

"It will never be that easy. You do know enough your father is serious of his decision to break you away from hyung. He will do anything.  So, then, maybe that's the reason why hyung pleaded on me not to tell you."

"..."

"Noona."

"..."

"Come on. Please. I'm so sorry."

I wiped my tears away and sighed. "Yes... You are right. This is what will happen anyway, no matter what the circumstances are."

He smiled, "It's nice."

"Huh?"

"To finally see you cry again."

I quickly slapped his arm.

"Ouch! Why you did that for?!"

"You're really a jerk! So, you told me that just to make me cry?!"

He chuckled, "No. It just made me happy a little." He started the engine of the car again.

I looked away, "You are really a weirdo."

"It's not weird, okay. You know, we've all been observing you for the past weeks. You're always in poker face and sometimes just smiling. We thought you already forgotten hyung."

I slapped his arm again, "You are really a jerk!"

"Ya, noona! That hurts!"

"How could you say I already forgotten Yuri? Isn't it so obvious I'm so damned in love with him?! That will never change 'til forever!"

"Okay, okay, I'm just kidding around. Relax."

 

---

 

After fifteen minutes, we arrived at his old place. Surprisingly, the place was too neat like he doesn't own this place. Well, knowing Yoong, he's a typical kind of guy who knows nothing but litter and litter, no sense of cleanliness in mind.

"I know you are wondering, noona." he snapped as we walk out to the roof-deck. "I know it's very unlikely to have my place cleaned."

"Wow. Since when did you learn to read minds?"

He chuckled, "Well, having a girlfriend like Sic--" and he suddenly stopped. Then, he looked away in a very sad manner.

"I-- I'm sorry, Yoong. I didn't mean to make you remember her."

He faked a smile at me. "No. It's okay, noona. It's inevitable, anyway, since..." He looked up to the sky. "She never left my mind at all. Everything I see was tainted by her. Even the sky reminds me of her..."

I held his hand. "Jessica will be back someday. Who knows? Maybe when that time comes, you and Jessica will finally be together for real."

"Nah. I'm not taking my hopes up, anymore. I'm... I'm already tired of seeking for her love..."

"So, that's it? You're just gonna quit?"

"Jessica and I weren't meant to be, noona. When we started dating, it only lasted for five months. And even between those times, she was cheating on me with Taeyeon-hyung too. Then, we... we got back together recently but it only lasted for weeks..." He looked at me. "Do you get my point?"

"It's not about how long it was, Yoong. It's the intensity of the feelings you have for each other."

"I know but... to me, it was like the big hint that our love for each other will never last forever. I've grown tired of trying to make it happen, noona. I've been slapped by my destiny thrice. I could no longer take another one."

"So, you're now dedicated to forget her?"

"Yes... I know it will take time but, I'm trying my best."

I smiled and looked down, "Yeah, we should try our best then..."

"So, you're really giving up on hyung?"

"Like you, I've grown tired of getting slapped by my destiny. Well, in my case, I've been slapped for three times already. No, actually, it's already four counting up our one-night-stand."

He reached for my face with his free hand and lifted my chin up, "You and hyung are meant to be together forever. Trust me. I can foresee the future, noona. It might take long before the two of you can be finally be together but, it will still happen someday. So, cheer up and stop sulking, okay?"

"Thanks, Yoong. I'll try my best."

All of a sudden, someone snapped, "Now, what's this?" We looked at the direction of the voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter