Out Of All Places in The World

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyoyeon POV

"But... why are you telling me this? Aren't you supposed to be hiding that plan of yours especially from us, your friends?"

"..."

"You know I certainly do not agree with what you are planning. Revenge will do nothing good to you. Trust me, everything will just back fire."

Jessica looked at me as she rested her hand on my shoulder. "The reason I am telling you this is that... I want you to be at her side, Hyoyeon-ah. Tiffany needs you there with her."

"..."

"Look. I might go back in Korea, but, I doubt if I'll ever try to be with her side again."

"What are you talking about?"

"I don't have a face to show to her anymore. I was a bad friend. I blamed her for my amnesia, I left her during the time she needed me the most. Besides..." She removed her hand from me and just stared in the night sky. "If I'll ever try to stay with her again, I can never pursue my revenge."

"You don't have to do this, Jessica. Your life doesn't revolve to vengeance, okay? Sometimes, you just have to forgive and forget."

"No..."

"..."

"All of those important to me suffered due to the madness of those people. My mother... my father... Yuri... and even Tiffany too..."

"..."

"Forgiveness is not enough. Those people were monsters... devils. The only thing I can do is bring justice to those scumbags myself. It doesn't matter if I'll be the one sinful. If that's the only way I can defeat them then, so be it."

"..."

She then changed the topic, "I scheduled my flight back to Korea next month."

"I see..."

"When will you be returning then?"

I looked away. "I... I don't know."

"..."

"To be honest with you... I could only afford one-way ticket to this country for me, my daughter, and my mom. Taecyeon even offered to pay for the rent of our apartment for the first two months too. I cannot afford a flight return."

"If money's the only problem then..." She pulled out a checkbook from her purse and wrote down a large amount on it. She then handed me the check. "Take it."

"B-but this is hella big! I-- I can never repay you."

"Who says you have to repay that?"

"Th-thanks..."

"You're welcome." She then bid, "I guess, that's it. I'll be going now."

"Wait."

"What is it?"

"Would you like to come to my place for dinner?"

"Well... I guess I can spare more time for today."

I smiled. "Great! Let's go." I grabbed her hand to drag her.

She then hesitated, "We can take my car."

"Oh... You own a car here?"

"Yeah, this one." She pointed over the red car we've been leaning on to since we came here.

You know, I've always been curious where Jessica always gets her money. I mean, for all along, I knew her family's bankrupt or something. And aside from that, she was living alone too.

"I didn't steal this, Hyo." she said as she moved to get inside the car.

I followed too and went inside the passenger's seat at the front. "I didn't mean that, you know."

"Yes, but still I can read your mind. You doubt my capacity to generate income of my own."

I faked a chuckle. "Y-yeah, you got me, Sica. Sure, you never changed. You can still totally read minds."

"People can never change too fast. Well... some people are capable of it though. And it's been a question I have in mind for long..."

She started the engine of her car and drove as I guided her to the location of my place. Yet, as typical for her, Jessica never really tried to start any conversation at all. Oh well... I guess it's my job to do it then.

"So, uhmmm... how did you know I am here?" I asked.

"I didn't know you are here."

"H-huh?"

"Actually, I've been tracking a certain person around here. Coincidentally, I saw you walking earlier so I stalked you for a bit."

"Okay... you stalked me for a bit?"

"Well, I want to know the background first as to why you are here when you should be by Tiffany's side."

I scoffed, "Why? Aren't you supposed to be by her side too? You're making it sound like I'm the only bad friend around here."

"You don't have a concrete reason to leave, Hyoyeon. And I do."

I corrected her, "I DO HAVE a concrete reason, okay."

"Yeah, it’s for what reason, then? Because of Sooyoung?"

"..."

"We both know your reason's too shallow. There's too much pride in you. If only you told Sooyoung the truth that--"

"He's not the father, okay!"

"Who says anything about him being Hyoyoung's father?"

"..."

"I wonder why I'm friends with bad liars. All of you are the same..."

"Can we just stop talking about him?" I looked away to avoid her gaze.

It was then few moments of silence. For some reason, it seemed Jessica started to be consumed of her own thoughts. It's like she reminisced a painful past in her life.

Sadness... Pain... It's all in her eyes.  Then again, it was so typical for Jessica to act this way. I've been friends with her for so many years and it was only one or twice of the time I've seen that sadness moved away from her life. Until now, it's still a mystery to me.

I wonder what she really thinks... I wonder how she really does feel with all the pain she's been going through... If I'll be in her place, experiencing so many tragedies in life, I might have already surrendered on living.

"Jessica?" I called to snap her out.

"Y-yes?"

"I will go back to Korea just as you want me to be. I promise you that."

She then smiled faintly, "I want you back there permanently, Hyoyeon. I gave you enough to get your whole family to return there."

"You are really so bossy. Why do you always think you can just order us around to follow whatever you want?"

"You don't like it here."

"I... No, I do!"

"No, you don't. Obviously, you're struggling here."

"...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter