Destroying and Burning the Vested Game Face

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany POV

It's Tuesday, 20th of September of the year 2016. It's been exactly twenty days passed since Jessica and Taeyeon have arrived in the country. And throughout those twenty long days, I think I only met the two thrice after our dinner gathering on 31st of August. I didn't exactly bond with them during those times, however. Yes, even with my so-called 'best friend'. As much as possible, I wanted to avoid spending too much time with the two. Probably, I did spend some but up to thirty minutes at maximum. Nonetheless, now is definitely the time I can have my full-pledge plan be executed. Why?

Today is the day we're set to travel to Choi Beach Resort for the week-long celebration of Hyoyeon's birthday. Yoong and I were the last ones to arrive at the meet-up point, though. Everyone's already at the same bay area back then when we were set to sail for Soo's birthday five years ago. Oh. And my fiancé’s hair is back to dark brown, by the way. Thank goodness...

"Hello, everyone. Sorry, we kept you guys waiting." Yoong snapped as we went near the gang.

"Forty-five minutes? Seriously?" Sooyoung responded in irritation. Well, until now, he's still on his grumpy self. He's been like that ever since it was revealed that Taeyeon was not the owner of SKY who happened to hit on Hyoyeon back then. It turned out it was somebody else.

I chuckled, "Sorry about that, Soo. We just happened to stumble over some errands at work last night. We ended up waking up late."

"At work? Really?" he asked then looked at me quizzically.

We engaged to a long moment of staring. Afterwards, I sighed in defeat, "Fine. We had till 4 am." I started to head for the yacht and shouted, "Come along. We got no time to waste."

Yoong caught up on my pace and put his arm on my shoulder and snapped, "Yeah, no time to waste… my fiancé and I still gonna have all day long for today."

 I elbowed his side. "Oh shut up, you."

 

Just like five years ago, it was another awkward boat ride. Yet, all for the others except for me and Yoong, though. Jessica has been so uneasy as my fiancé and I have never stopped on our public display of affection. Well, Yoong's being too hyper and I'm just totally enjoying it, you know. And with that uneasiness of hers has made the atmosphere awkward for our other friends too.

Halfway through, Jessica finally snapped, breaking the silence of our travel, "Now, this sure feels like the old times." She then smiled as if reminiscing some memories.

Taeyeon faked a chuckle, "It sure is. I totally remember the last time we traveled to Soo's beach house, Yuri was sporting the same emo-look as the old you."

She chuckled, "Oh. Yes. Yes. Good old times. I was like having my personal mannequin when we were fake-dating back then. He was really a good boy. He just followed my orders all the time, especially on wearing an emo look."

"Yeah, Yuri's always the good boy. Though, I can't vouch for the same now."

Suddenly, Hyoyeon cleared so loud, "EHEEEEEMMMM!"

That caught Taeyeon's attention and he just returned a confused expression to her. Jessica casually snapped as she sighed, "Gosh. I wish he was here."

"Well... You can just call him." And with that statement, his own eyes suddenly widened in so much horror as he looked at Jessica.

She responded in complete annoyance, "Wow. Taeyeon. Wow. I know you labeled me as the 'emo-girl' back then but that does not mean I know how to use Ouija boards and call spirits through glasses. PLEASE." She rolled her eyes.

He faked a chuckle, "Yes. Right. Hahahaha." He looked at the rest of us. "Sorry about the joke. I mean, it was already years ago, right?" He looked at me briefly and smiled somewhat apologetically then looked away.

I chuckled too, "Yes, it's been years already. And I think there's really nothing wrong on joking about the death of that jerk."

He returned his gaze to me, yet, now wearing a look of disbelief.

Jessica snorted a fake chuckle then snapped, "Jerk?"

I looked at her, "Jerk... ... ... whichever you prefer to call that dead man."

"E-excuse me?" she responded in disbelief.

"What? Did I miss a befitting nickname for him?"

"Now, you have no respect for the dead?"

"Of course, I do. But only to those who are worth respecting, though. The question is..." I leaned closer to her. "Is he?"

"Wow."

I smiled, "Yeah. Wow."

She sighed loudly and looked away in a disappointed manner. It seems thoughts have consumed her mind on probably, whether thinking of a rebut or trying to think of a justification for what I said.

After few seconds of silence, Yoong snapped, "Can't we just stop the hate over Yuri-hyung? He's already peaceful wherever he is so let's uhmmm-- forgive and forget?"

"I'm not hating. I'm just being honest, you know. They're both different things."

"Well, Tiffany has a point." Taeyeon snapped as he gazed at Yoong. He then stated in complete annoyance, "If Yuri's still alive, he will surely be a jerkface-dickhead now."

Jess immediately interrogated him, "And why is it so?"

He smirked at her, "I just know he will be."

"So, now you have no respect for the dead too?"

"Well, is he?"

Hyoyeon immediately shouted in fury. "Taeyeon, that is enough!"

"Oh come on, Hyoyeon, I bet you have the same opinion as me!"

"Just shut up. Let's forget about that , okay?!"

And with that, Hyoyeon earned a glare from Jessica, "Now, what's with the hate, Hyo, huh?!"

"I already told you about it weeks ago!"

"But that's not enough of a reason for you to be like that to Yuri!"

I groaned loudly, "Okay, that is enough!"

They all complied and went into silence. I sighed and looked at my best friend, "You're not in the position to give a damn about how we feel about that dead man, Jessica, most especially on how I feel. Do you understand?"

She gritted her teeth first as she looked at me sullenly. Then, she answered sarcastically, "Fine."

 

---

 

The first two days of Hyoyeon's birthday celebration continued at Choi's beach resort. We partied at the beach and stayed until late afternoon. Last night, we had ourselves on a fancy dinner and movie marathon inside the vacation house. Hyoyeon requested for a catering service for the whole week and, also, purchased rights for exclusive screenings for the upcoming international movies on the last quarter of 2016.

Anyway, now, the second night has started. The boys have requested for us to have some drinks while it's time for our Game-console night. It started with typical dance games, then, rock band games, then afterwards, were interactive multiplayer games.

And, as usual, my totally predictable friends still won't stop on bothering me. While the boys are busy playing their favorite first-person shooting game, here comes Sunny to jump-start another silly scheme. "Oh. I bet if Sunkyu's still around, he will definitely enjoy this game night." she stated then shot a glare at me for a moment. *Sigh*. Here they go again...

I snapped, "Really, Sunny? You're going to open that topic again?"

She answered in annoyance, "Oh yes. I am going to drill that brain of yours until you come to realize how wrong your decision was."

"Oh alright." I stood up from my seat and went near her. "Tell me, do you even made a little progress on your stupid scheme on me over the past weeks?"

She didn't respond and just gritted her teeth out of anger. I mocked a chuckle. "See? Not even a single percent. Now, look, Sunny. If you think you're that much influential or even important to me and as if you can try to change my mind on my decision, then, you're completely wrong. You're just embarrassing yourself because no matter what you do, I will never, ever, give anymore damn for that pesky kid."

That had caught the attention of everyone including the boys who have happened to pause their game to attend on us. Sunny then shot me a glare and rebutted, "I think what's going on here is a demon possessed your body. No-no, wait. Probably, what's going on now is you have become a demon yourself, ."

I smirked, "And you know what's funny, Sunny?" I went closer to her, "No one freaking hell cares about what you think, most especially ME. And, please, stop trying to into my life because, you know, you're just like that obnoxious brat. You're useless, worthless. Perhaps, you're even worse than him."

"Why you--?!"

She was about to slap me when Hyoyeon pulled her back. "Sunny, no."

Sunny looked at her furiously, "She's really getting on my nerves now!" She tried to remove herself from the former's grasp. "Let me go!"

"No, calm yourself down!" Hyo still insisted.

Sunny then redirected to me, "You ! I shouldn't have cared about you in the first place! You're not worth to be at all!"

I scoffed, "Ha! And who says I needed your care?! I never asked for it from you!" I mocked a chuckle, "All of you calling me , demon, or whatever insult you thought of... judging, belittling me... throwing stones at me..." I glared at everyone. "You guys are even worse. You think highly of yourself? Ha! Okay. Let's run it down one by one."

I looked back to Sunny, "You. You've been sleeping with a bunch of different guys every week. That's with even married or already committed men. But, did I ever try to comment on that lifestyle of yours? Did I ever try to shove it on your face? No. But, yeah, now I do."

I looked at Hyoyeon, "You. You're nothing but a ing selfish lying . You're always been one. First to me five years ago, now, with poor Sooyoung. You hid the fact you met again with the person he hated. You hid the fact you've been hit on by that business who you first lied was Taeyeon now it was someone else. I don't know why you love hiding the identity of that idiot but, I bet there's something more that you two did together, huh? Oh. And before I even forget, you keep on hiding the fact, Sooyoung's the father of your daughter." I went closer to her. "How could you treat him like he's not part of your life, Hyoyeon? Aren't you a little too ing heartless? Why? Is it because you're making better money now than him so you're disregarding him just like that?"

Jessica immediately went near us and held me by my left arm. "Okay. Why don't we take a walk outside for a while?"

I swatted her hand away. "Oh. And you think you're an exception? What did you do four years ago, Jess? You ing cheated on Taeyeon... You ing cheated on Yoong... with each other! You've been jumping and jumping on both them, been taking advantage of the situation because you know they were both so pathetically crazy for you!"

I exchanged my glare at the three of them. "But did you three ever hear me shove all those to your faces? Did I ever try to criticize anyone of you of your lifestyle? No. So, zip your mouths. Don't ever try to mess with my life again." I looked at Jessica. "And you. Just go back to where you came from. You're never needed here. Oh. And don't ever make my situation be your excuse again to see my fiancé."

She re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter