The Little Prince's Journey to Adulthood

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri POV

"How was it, Yuri?"

"I still haven't explained to him."

"What the--! you said you'---"

"Relax! I will tell him everything later when I get home!"

"Alright. I'll be expecting that. I'll just head straight to Malibu Club later, okay. Taecyeon will pick me up."

"Okay, take care. I wubb you ppani pppanggg~"

"Okay, I wubb you too yuwreeyullkkk~"

*Whew*. I really must talk to Sunkyu later or Tiffany will be in rage again and worst, will deprive me of her heavenly luscious body forever and ever. Of course, I don't want that.

Anyways, I'm heading right now to the construction site. Hopefully, Yoong and Taeyeon will be present today. You see, those two kept on ditching me as they both have little problems working on. Well, can't blame them, they're already rich anyway so doing part-time jobs are just part of their free time. Tell me, why am I born poor?

     *"You got a call, lover boy~"*

"Hello?"

"Hey Kwon Yuri."

"Taeng what's up?"

"Can you tell our boss I can't go to work today?"

"Okay but why?"

"My girlfriend's having tantrums so I still have to calm her down."

"Girlfriend?"

"Yeah. Sunny Bunny."

"What?! So the girlfriend you're talking about before is Sunny?!"

"Yeah..."

"So what is it this time then? You already stop on your secret plan?"

"Dude, how many times do you want me tell you I'm still on it and I will never tell you a single thing about my plan?"

"Ugghh- Fine. Hide that from me forever, BEST FRIEND."

"Aaiisshh- shut up. You're beginning to act like a girl!"

"Whatever... Anyways, are you available late afternoon?"

"Hmmm- yeah, I guess, that is IF Sunny will be in normal state by that time."

"Alright, just head straight at my house later then. I need your help."

"On what?"

"Adult stuff..."

"Wow... Seriously, wow. You can count me in, dude! Whether Sunny will be normal or not!" This time, his voice really hints his excitement. This guy sure loves rated stuff so much.

"Errr- Thanks, Taeng."

"It is my duty! Haha! Bye!"

"Bye."

 

I finally arrived into the place. My boss was busily talking to someone over the phone. When he already ended, he saw me and grinned from ear to ear, "Yuri, there you are!"

"Good day, sir Mong."

"I wanna ask if you will still continue the part-time job next week. It's already start of your school."

"I hope so. I can work after class... it ends around 5 PM. And maybe also by weekends, if that is okay with you, sir."

"Hmm- fair enough. We're gonna work on interior next week anyway so there will be no problem working on nights."

"Okay, sir. By the way, Taeyeon said he cannot go to work today."

"I guess that's better."

"Huh?"

"Oh. I mean that's better than what is doing by that other fellow of yours over there. He's kind of spacing out no matter how much I scold him. Can you talk to him for me?"

Yoong? What's his problem this time?

"Okay."

"Thanks, Yuri."

I went near Yoong who was sitting on the wood he was hammering slowly and lightly. He's even missing the nail he's trying to pin in too. He was just staring over nothingness with obvious sadness on his face.

"Hey, what's up?"

"..."

"Yah. Yoong."

He looked up to me wearing the poker face Jessica possessed when she was still in the darkness. He then looked back straight as if he didn't see me. "You know... you cannot push the nail down with that hammering of yours. Give it more strength." I suggested.

He immediately complied. He tried to hit the nail with full force but unfortunately, his hand was the one got hit. "OUCCCHHHHH!!! My hand! My godly hand!" Tsk. Tsk. What a clumsy guy.

"What's your problem this time, Yoong?"

"Huhuhuhuhu~ It hurts..."

"What? Your heart?"

"No. This!" He showed me his hand.

"Dude, what the hell is wrong with you and you are spacing out?!"

"I-- uunngghhhh waaaaaahhhhhhh!~"

"It's Jessica, isn't it?"

"...Yes."

I sat in front of him and continued what he was hammering, "What happened?"

"She's mad at me for scolding at her when in the first place she was so out of control."

"I'm lost. What's the first part of the story?"

"Haven't Tiffany-noona told you?"

"No? If she did, I wouldn't ask you."

"Well... You see, Jessica was jealous because I'm still visiting Joohyun at the mental hospital and she didn't even tell me anything. Then yesterday, she hid herself inside a tent with candles to kill herself, good thing Tiffany and Hyoyeon noona came in time to stop her."

"Uhhh- how could she kill herself with mere candles inside a tent? Is that even possible?"

"Trust me. I have already squeezed my whole brain out thinking how on Earth will it happen too."

"So... Emosica's back?"

"Not for that time 'cus when I went home she was back to normal but then later at night, she had a fight with Sunny bunny at a Sushi Bar."

"Huh?! Sunny bunny?! Why on Earth she had a fight with her?"

"She said Sunny was her archenemy way back in high school and she was just taking revenge. Good thing Taeyeon hyung came to stop them."

"I see..." Damn. Sunny was her archenemy? And Taeyeon was there too?! That sure was... complicated.

"I don't know what to do with her anymore. She kept on blaming me instead on all of her fault. How on Earth it's my fault, hyung? How?!"

"Stop visiting that ex-girlfriend of yours and that will fix the problem."

"Come on, hyung. It's not like I'm visiting her for some other reason, okay. It was all just... a platonic act. I'm still guilty on what happened to her."

"That's enough. What's done is done and you can no longer mend what happened. If you will just continue doing that, you will lose Jessica. Or if you want that to happen then go. I won't stop you."

"Yah! Who says I wanted that?"

"You didn't say but you're showing it."

"Aiiish-- Alright, alright... I will stop on visiting her."

"Good boy. Now I need your help."

"On what?"

"Sunkyu. He wants to be enlightened about... adulthood."

"Ehh? Why? Didn't you explain to him he's too young for it?"

"I did... But I got no choice. He was too pushy."

"Really? Is that only the reason why?"

"Fine... He caught us...

 

     ...making love last night."

His eyes went wide and his jaw dropped, "Wow..."

"So are you gonna help me explain or not?"

"S--sure... Sure."

"Don't tell anyone about what I told you, okay. Not even Taeyeon."

"Yes, not even hyung."

 

---

 

"I cannot believe this! Haha! This is so freaking awesome!" Taeyeon shouted as we went up to my apartment. Apparently, Yoong blurted out my secret. Damn this guy is really a blabbermouth.

He continued, "Kwon Yuri. You are freakin embracing adulthood more than ever. Seriously, you have so many revelations each and every day. I couldn't even think you can do all that!"

I glared over Yoong and he just grinned annoyingly at me. I redirected back to Taeng, "I didn't do anything in the first place, Taeng. It just so happens we didn't get to lock the door!"

"Still, that's an ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter