At the Very Edge of Crossing the Line

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany POV

I am doomed.

Yes. Again.

For all I know I'm doomed again when I get home.

Apparently, here I am, just woke up beside Yoong on his bed, in his apartment. Actually, it’s not only that. I was snuggling him with my head resting right on his chest. I know you're gonna ask why, how, or do I even know what happened. Well, I tell you, I know why and how the hell this happened. I was fully aware and sober the whole time. Of course, it's because I didn't even drink in the first place.

Alright. To make it all clear, let's start with the little history...

Do you remember about Yoong and I getting stuck at the elevator during the New Year's Eve and until the next day? Oh, I'm sure you also do remember the little fight Yuri and I had afterwards. Well, I gotta tell you... that fight can be called the 'second round' in the series. Yes, it is called the second round since the first round already happened months ago (I'm sure you remember that too).

So, that 'go-bare' make-up didn't really end our never-ending argument about Yoong. The next one, the ‘Third Round’, actually happened on the 3rd of January. Morning that day, we were really okay, as in super okay. We even had a morning private session. But yeah, like you have guessed, I hanged out with Yoong at one arcade in the afternoon. He said he's feeling lonely so he decided to invite me go out. I couldn't just refuse, you know. Unfortunately, the same night was Yuri's flight back to Tokyo and we're ought to be having our one of the best nights to compensate for his absence. So, after I got home, he interrogated me about it. Again, he's super mad about me hanging out with his so-called best friend and that I didn't even inform him. Yeah, yeah, the last one is really my fault. Guilty here.

You see, I really don't know how on Earth Yuri knows where I am all the time. I mean, he's always that accurate. I don't know if he's just stalking me or what but I tell you, he could even describe the very exact place and happening.

Nevertheless, that fight didn't end in reconciliation. Instead, it had led to a much worse cold war than before. Well, he's in Tokyo and I'm here in Seoul in the first place so it sure is really worse like we're complete strangers with not even a single hint of worriment for each other. But, really, I think the main reason we're at worse this time is because no make-up happened. Yup. I'm pretty sure that is...

Anyways, flash forward again, afternoon of 7th of January, which is yesterday, was Yuri's flight schedule for Seoul. I'm supposed to try to reconcile with him when he comes back. However, that went off my mind. It was all because of Yoong... again.

So, I was singing by myself while washing the dishes...

 

*flashback*

"I love you today more than yesterday~ La la la la~ Hmmmm mmm~"

              *'Umma, you got a messaggeee~'*

I picked up my phone and found it was a message from Yoong.

 

              Yoong: 'I need you.'

 

Oooh. Did he just send this to me wrongly? It sounded like it was meant for Jessica.

Oh. another message from him again.

 

              Yoong: 'Noona, please be here with me.'

 

Noona... Well, it could be Hyoyeon...

 

              Yoong: 'I want to die.'

 

Oh. Crap. That's it. It doesn't matter if it's really for me or what. Hearing such thing from Yoong just means he's really serious. Well, I don't want another 'Jessica-accident' episode again.

I immediately dialed his number and in a bit, he finally answered, "Yoong, what the hell was that?"

"I need you, noona. I need you."

"Okay, Mr. Nice Guy, I'm sure you're aware enough you sounded a little bit crossing the line with that. You know what I mean, right?"

"Noona... Noona..." And he started sobbing. "Noona, please..."

Hmm... It sounded like he's drunk again. "Okay, where are you?"

 

---

 

I hurried to get to his apartment. As I arrived, his apartment's door was locked. Good thing, I knew that he hides his spare key on the potted plant at the side of his door. As I came in, I saw him heavily drunk again, lying lifelessly on his living room carpet.

"Yoong." I hurried to his side and tried to get him up.

"I'm so stupid, noona. I'm so stupid. This is all my fault." he said while sobbing hard. "I shouldn't... I shouldn't have agreed."

"Yoong, it's not your fault." Though, yeah, it really is his fault for being this stupid like Yuri before.

"No, it really is. I shouldn't have let her go. I can't live anymore. I want to die."

"Don't say that, please. Remember when Jessica kept on saying that, it almost happened."

"But I really want to die." He then grabbed my collar. "Kill me, noona, just kill me now!"

"Yoong, stop! You're being ridiculous! Go ask someone else, why me?!"

"Right." He groggily stood and headed for the door. "I'm just gonna ask Sooyoung or Yuri-hyung."

"Yah! I'm just kidding!" I grabbed his hand and unfortunately, he stumbled as he turned and we both fell down on his couch with him on top of me. Not to mention, our faces were just an inch close to each other. And with that, he started on his weird stare at me, that same stare he gave me the last time we talked about his little past... And yes, I just stared back. I don't know what to do, okay!

Afterwards, it was long silence... real long silence until I finally decided to break the ice.

"Yoong."

"Yeah...?"

"You're heavy."

"Oh. I'm so sorry, noona." When he tried to sit up, our foreheads touch. With that, again, our faces were much closer. Then, he started to close the gap, as if... he's trying to kiss me. Before he could, I pushed him away with my full force.

He was flabbergasted, of course. "I-- uhh, noona. I---"

"No. No need to explain..."

And we both just sat on the couch with three-foot gap, just staring over his carpet silently.

"..."

"..."

"So, uhh-- what is it this time?" I asked.

"H-huh?"

"I mean, I'm sure you've thought or seen something that could have you remember Jessica and you wanted to die???"

"Well..." He sighed loudly first then continued, "I opened my Facebook account and... I saw her post with Taeyeon-hyung."

"So, what post?"

He gritted his teeth and looked at me with fury in his eyes. "She posted a video of her and Taeyeon-hyung making out, noona!"

Err- that's it? Seriously, these guys are so freaking lame. They're like little girly girls, well, much worse than us real girls.

"Well... they're dating. Come on. That's normal."

"NORMAL?! THAT'S NOT NORMAL WITH JESSICA JUNG!"

"Hey, when we're still living in America, she posted lots of make-out pictures of her and her ex-boyfriends or even doing-something-else pictures in her Myspace. That's freaking normal, Yoong, it really is."

And he balled his fists, "I posted one of the videos where we're making out and she got mad at me! She even wanted to break up with me because of it that time!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter