Everyone Deserves Even a Little Birthday Celebration

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yuri POV

 

"I told you not to prepare for today, anymore."

 

"Yuri-yah, just sit down there, relax. I can handle everything." Tiffany said.

 

This girl... She insisted to prepare a simple celebration for my birthday. Now look at her, she doesn't even know how to start on making gimbap. I never really wanted to spend on this day cus for me it's not really that necessary. It's just the same day as yesterday, nothing special at all. But you know how stubborn Tiffany is. We argued and argued until we agreed to just go for a picnic today. Besides, I haven't gone for a picnic ever in my life, anyway.

 

"Would you like me to help?" I offered.

 

"No. Just go over there and relax." She smiled cheekily.

 

I turned her around to make her look at me straight in the eyes. "Princess..." I sighed. "I don't want to die on my birthday. Please let me help."

 

"Yah!" She slapped my chest really hard and made me winced in pain. She then sat on a chair and sulked.

 

"Hey. I'm just kidding." I pulled a chair and sat beside her. "I'll just teach you, c'mon.” I kept on convincing her and finally she agreed. We made gimbap rolls, omelettes, pork dumplings, and fried chicken as Sunkyu requested. We packed some bread, fruits, and also pork barbeques and fish to be grilled later too. We need to prepare as many as these cus you see, my three shikshin friends are coming with us, along with Hyo, Jessica, and little Sulli.

 

After we're done packing, we all started to get ready. Sunkyu brought out his big kite and had it a little fix. Me and Tiffany, we sort of took a bath together... It wasn't a big deal okay! We already seen each other bare anyway. Though, temptation really is always there, I tried my best to get a hold of myself.

 

When we're done and all ready to go, Tiffany sulked again inside our room. She's really really cute when she's acting stubbornly like this.

 

"Hey we're going now. What's wrong?"

 

She sighed. "I'm supposed to be the one to prepare for this. Now look, you did all the cooking." She pouted.

 

I side-hugged her and pecked her cheek. "It's okay, you still have next year, and the next, and many more years."

 

She then looked at me and smiled with her eyes formed like crescents. "I promise I'll make your birthday next year the best birthday you'll ever have!"

 

"I'll be looking forward to that."

 

-------

 

After driving for hours, we arrived at the park. Tiffany prepared the food and I set up the grill. After a few minutes, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung arrived.

 

"Happy birthday Yuri-boy!" Hyo shouted as they both walked towards us.

 

"Yoh, brother. Happy birthday." He greeted.

 

"Thanks guys. Where are the others?"

 

"We left them. Taeyeon and Jessica didn't want to be in the same car. It's not like I can get Taeng or Sica hop on my car instead, that's only two-seat."

 

"Yeah, just let them be. Those two will get along soon. And besides, that other seat is already reserved for Hyoyeon, right?" Hyoyeon blushed with what I said while Soo just looked at me confusedly but then shrugged it off. Then, Yoong's car finally arrived revealing the four of them.

 

"Happy birthday!" Yoong, Tae, and Sulli greeted. Jessica, on the other hand, just smiled faintly to me and I smiled in return.

 

"Hey emo-girl, you should at least greet the birthday boy!" Tae said.

 

"Why the need? It's just a simple day."

 

"I know right! High five." I said and she just stared at me. I shouldn't have offered. I ended up high-five-ing myself.

 

"I never really celebrate birthdays." She said.

 

"You mean in the past two years?" Tiffany interfered.

 

Jessica spaced out again and answered. "Yes, in the past two years. "

 

"You see, Jessica was really a spoiled princess wayyyyyy back then. I remember her battling out with the queenbee of our school on whether who got the best 16th birthday celebration. Sica won, of course."

 

"That is not even necessary, why the need to tell them that, Tiffany?" Jessica said.

 

"Oh c'mon. Those were the good times! Remember Chad-"

 

"Stop!" Jessica covered her ears and looked away from her. "Hamanahamanahamanahamanahamana."

 

"Alright! Alright! I'll stop." Fany said and giggled cutely.

 

"I wonder how Sica looks way back then. I bet she looked like goddess..." Yoong blurted out which made us all look at him. A few seconds, he covered his mouth, maybe he realized that he wasn't supposed to say out loud. I then noticed Taeng was glaring at Yoong.

 

"C'mon let's eat! I'm hungry!" Taeng said angrily.

 

--------

 

"Say aaah~"

 

"Aaaah~"

 

Tiffany stuffed a big slice of gimbap in my mouth. "Heehee. You're so cute, Yuri-ah~"

 

"You guys are really mad people. How could you show a very happy scene to a broken person like me? A little consideration here." Sica snapped.

 

Fany then offered her a slice. "Jessie say aaaahhh~"

 

"No. " Jessica said. Fany withdrew her hand then pouted.

 

"How about me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter