[ARC III] Living in Nothing but Betrayal

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tiffany POV

                           "Please, give me another chance. I promise you. I promise I won’t hurt you again. I’ll prove myself that I deserve you...” [70]

                        "I already made a mistake and let you go before. I won't ever allow it to happen again... I love you Stephanie Miyoung Hwang. Nothing's ever gonna change that..." [71]

 

He lied.

 

                        "I promise I will protect you for the rest of my life. I'll always be here for you. Always. Call me creepy but I don't care. That's how much I love you." [85]

 

And lied.

 

                        "You don't have to hide yourself in the shadows. You don't have to be afraid anymore. In case he'll come here and get you, I will be the one to stop him... I will protect you. I will never leave your side... Have faith in me." [125]

 

And lied.

 

                        "Promise me. We'll be together forever, right?"

                        "Yes. I love you so much and I will always stay by your side. And if ever there will be a time we'll be apart, I will not stop on loving you. Even if that will take me forever to wait. You'll be the only one for me...

                        until the world ends." [152]

 

Lies. He fed me lies. Lies that I have relied upon for all this time. Why? Why did I even fell for his bittersweet words?

Hmm. Love, indeed. I'm too blinded by his love. I'm too drowned by the happiness he had given me. He gave me everything. He made himself as my everything. Yet, in the end, Yuri just took it away in an instant. Yuri just destroyed my whole life. I have no more reason to live.

 

I'm here now in my hotel room, sitting on the floor at the side of the bed, drinking bottles of liquors like how I've always been whenever my heart aches. The only thing left to do now is add poison on these bottles. I'd rather die now, for ing real.

"Tiffany."

"Go away..."

"Tiffany."

"I said go away, Sooyoung! Leave me alone!" I don't want to see them. I don't want to see anyone. I'd rather be here alone maybe until I die, maybe until forever.

"Tiffany, I'm coming in."

"Go away."

Yet, he didn't. He still insisted. He seemed to have another key-card. He stood in front me. "Let's talk." Sooyoung said.

"Didn't I tell you to go away?!"

"So you think drinking will get you anywhere, Tiffany?"

"Just leave me alone."

"You know... we still have a chance to get out of this."

"Oh yeah? Then, what do you want me to do next after that? Get back to Yuri? Get back to that coward one who threw me away?!"

"Tiffany..."

"Just leave me alone, Sooyoung. And you? Convincing me we could break this engagement? Are you freaking kidding me? Aren't you the one who wanted us to be together in the first place?!"

He knelt down to my level, "It's not like that."

"Just shut up and go away."

"Look. I know you know I want you ever since. But that doesn't mean I want to marry you in this situation... I love you yet you don't love me back. It will never make sense. It will never make my life to have meaning at all. So... I'd rather not have you at all and you to just be happy with someone else."

"..."

"Please. Trust me."

"..."

"Just like you, I don’t want this too..."

I looked at him. His eyes are telling me he’s telling the truth, that, he never really wanted this situation too.

"..."

"..."

"Tell me, Sooyoung..."

"..."

"Did you know..?"

"..."

"Did you already know this engagement even before this day?"

"..."

"Answer me!"

He looked away and breathed deeply, "Yes, I did."

"God damn it."

"But I only get to know about this a month ago. It's when the time I picked up your mother at the airport."

"And you didn't even tell me?!"

"Trust me. I really wanted to tell you about this."

"Then, why you didn't?!"

"Because... I asked Yuri first..."

"..."

"That time... when we're at the airport to Jeju. He told me not to tell you about it... I hesitated at first but..."

"But you agreed with him in the end? Why, Sooyoung? Did it ever matter to you what am I gonna feel about this?"

"It is the right thing to do."

"Is the right thing to do now is to hurt me?!"

"Yuri never wanted to hurt you. It's just that... there's no other choice for him. You have to understand this is for the best."

"Oh yeah? Then tell me, why? Why did he want this in the first place?"

"..."

"Sooyoung, answer me."

"..."

"Can't you at least tell me the reason?"

"It's better for you not to know."

"God damn it! When will you all tell me the truth?!"

He stood up then offered his hand, "Let's go."

"Just go away."

"We can still get out of this."

"I said go away!"

 

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door. Sooyoung went and opened it. "Good evening, sir. We just wanted to inform Ms. Stephanie that the Monsieur's summoning her to his room."

"Okay, thank you." he answered back. Gregor then excused himself and left. Sooyoung redirected back to me then sighed, "I heard from my dad Henry’s a little hot-tempered. You better not try to disobey him this time or else it’ll be harder for us to stop this engagement. "

"..."

"You better go."

"No. If he wants to talk to me then he should be the one who should go to my room."

"Stop it, Tiffany."

"Just leave me alone!"

"Stop being stubborn and go!"

"No!"

Now, I say, he's in state of fury, "This... this! This is why I don't want to get married to you! You are so freaking stubborn! If you wouldn't get what you want, you're just gonna whine and whine until you do! Nothing in this freaking world works like that easy! So, get your up and go to your dad!"

"Fine!" I rashly stood up and got out of my room. That bossy Sooyoung... did he ever think he does the same all the time too?! He's the one spoiled brat between us and not me!

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter