The Things One Does for Love

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#romantictaeyeonisheartheartheart

Yup. just felt like saying that. hehehe

Hi, ya all. Before we proceed, I'm gonna post the following here for catch up on the events:

Belated happy birthday Taeyeon Belated happy birthday Sulli Belated happy birthday Romantic Street (Yay! 5!...... yay 5? really? -___- ) Belated happy birthday Sehun Belated happy birthday Jessica

Gosh. I missed lots of birthdays.

Alright, here we go. Enjoy the 100th Chapter of Season 4!

 

 

Tiffany POV

It was detestable.

Too grim.

Too cruel.

Too dreadful.

Taeyeon has killed his very own brother.

He was a very nice guy. He always smiles. He always jokes around. He always tries to light up the mood of everyone. He was always a dork... always a simple, warm-hearted kind of person. No one can ever think that he could do such thing.

Gruesome deed, yes. But... Taeyeon doesn't deserve to be punished for it. He did it for the good of everyone else... He just wanted to shoulder all the bad things for others to have normal and happy lives. Most especially Jessica... All he just wanted was for her happiness. Definitely, it was all because of his love for her...

It was such a very martyrish deed. He sacrificed so much for her...

Why...?

How could someone do so much for love...?


Taeyeon purposely called the police before the killing. He had already set up his own conviction. He was immediately abducted by the police and have admitted everything and even shouldered the crimes committed by Jessica. Afterwards, he was immediately transferred to Seoul Police for his upcoming cases.

On the other hand, my father was immediately rushed to the nearest hospital. Thank heavens that he survived. One of Yuri's subordinates who are with them that time happened to be a medical intern and also trained to perform first aid on cases like this. After a day, he was transferred back here in Seoul to continue the treatment of his wounds. It went the same for Yuri and Sooyoung too.

Jessica was so much in a break down due to the outcome. Until now, she hasn't spoken a single word to anyone of us. Sooyoung, Yuri, and my father, on the other hand, were traumatized by the incident too. None of them dared to speak of what happened. They do engage in small conversations but not exactly related to the incident. It was only Rap Monster who reiterated to us everything that happened.

Actually... Everyone's so much in melancholy. Yes, even the rest who were left behind. Mom's saddened by what dad has suffered. Aunt Boa was depressed too. Well... for the years that had passed, she always treated Taeyeon as her son, like he's her own.

Uncle Vincent's feeling the same as well due to the fact that both of his daughters are currently downhearted. Krystal-unnie's suffering the same now too because of the revelation of Kim Jongin's true persona.

Lastly... Yoong... he has been dispirited as well, the same as Yuri and Sooyoung. I do understand why, though... Taeyeon's their brother. All four of them are so much close... closer than real brothers. Then... this... with what Taeyeon has done... It's like the pain of the latter was inflicted on them too.

Now, it has been three days passed since the incident. My family and friends have been constantly visiting the hospital. This time is also the exact day of Krystal-unnie's delivery of her baby.

"Hey." Sunny snapped as soon as she saw me sitting in one of the benches in the hallway.

"Hey." I responded and smiled faintly at her.

She sat beside me, "How's everyone?"

"Yuri and Sooyoung are still sleeping. Sunkyu's with Yuri right now. Hyoyeon's in her husband's confinement room along with their daughter. My dad's sleeping too. Mom's there with him. Yoong's downstairs waiting by the delivery room with Uncle Vincent and Aunt Boa."

She chuckled lightly. "Wow. You pretty much summed up everyone's current status and whereabouts."

"When are you and Tao gonna get back to the U.S., by the way?"

"We'll fly back there by next month for his therapy session. He wanted to return here again til Christmas, though."

"Yeah... I guess he really should be... Things aren't really going well now..." Then, I realized, "Wait, why are you alone? Where is he?"

"He went with Rap to get updates from the Police. You know that guy... Being amputated can never stop him from roaming around." Then, she redirected, "How's Jessica?"

I shook my head, "I still haven't had a chance to talk to her. All Uncle Vincent said she's depressed over what happened."

"It's kind of traumatic, you know... No one saw it coming." She looked away. "Taeyeon's really some kind of a sensitive topic now..."

"..."

She chuckled bitterly, "You don't wanna talk about him too, eh?"

"It's just ing sick, Sun... Taeyeon and violence don't really go well together in my mind."

She laughed loudly, "Damn, Tiff. You are really so..." She sighed deeply. "You really do know how to lighten things up. I think you're the one who should be called sunny between the both of us."

"Please, Yuri already describes my eye-smiles as beaming like rainbows. Don't add up."

She chuckled again, "I guess he's right about it, though..."

"..."

"Anyway... I tried visiting him in prison. Yet, I was not able to talk to him. His lawyer said he doesn't want to talk to anyone except for relatives as of the moment."

"I see... Have you heard anything from his family?"

"Dambi-unnie was there. She mentioned that their mom was rushed to the hospital after the news reached them. The poor woman suffered from a ."

Tears accumulated from my eyes. I quickly wiped them away. "Did Taeyeon know about it?"

"Yeah. Dambi-unnie told him..."

"..."

Hyoyeon then went out of Sooyoung's confinement room and approached us. "Tiff, have you received the notif from Yoong? Krystal-unnie's delivery was already done."

I pulled out my phone and noticed the message. "Oh. You're right." Sunny and I stood, "Shall we?"

 


---

 


We arrived in front of the delivery room and found Uncle Vincent and Aunt Boa sitting on the bench. The former looked somewhat happy as he converses with the latter. Yoong, on the other hand, was just standing by the door and staring through the door's view window.

"How's it going?" I asked as we three went near them.

Uncle and Auntie stood up. The former responded as he smiled at us, "It's a healthy baby boy."

We all smiled in relief, "Thank goodness. How's Krystal-unnie?"

He avoided my gaze. Sadness was obvious from his face. "Recovering. She'll be transferred soon to her confinement room."

"I see..."

I know why Uncle is like this. Ever since she found out the truth that Kim Jongin's the one who really killed her mother and the root of chaos in their family, Krystal-unnie became too depressed. Not to mention, hatred actually consumed her heart. She started to despise herself for loving such man and loathed their baby. Actually, she attempted to kill the child in her womb right after she broke down from the news. Good thing, Uncle Vincent came in time to stop her from doing so.


The doctor then came out and delivered the news to us, "Miss Krystal Jung's okay now. We'll have her transferred to her confinement room. You may now proceed to the nursery as well. In a few minutes, the baby's now ready for viewing."

"Thank you, doctor." Aunt Boa said.

 


---

 


Aunt Boa and Uncle Vincent took only a few moments on seeing the baby. They have to arrange the paperwork for Krystal-unnie and her son, so they left immediately afterwards. Sunny, Hyoyeon, Yoong and I are the ones left standing in front of the nursery window.

"So, he still doesn't have a name?" Sunny asked as she amusingly stared at the newborn baby.

Yoong answered straightforwardly, "Krystal-noona actually wanted to call him a monster." That made us to stare back at him. He seemed to be affected by the events that happened too.

I stared back at the newborn. "Krystal-unnie shouldn't be like that. She's actually lucky that her child came out... alive and healthy." Tears suddenly fell from my eyes. They immediately noticed me, though. I quickly wiped them and faked a chuckle, "Sorry. I'm just happy for the baby."

"Tiff." Hyoyeon held my hand and stared at me in worriment.

"This is nothing, okay. I just..." I stared back at the child. "I just don't get it why she hates the child."

"Who knows?" Sunny snapped. "Maybe, she'll get a change of heart once she sees him and have him cradled in her arms."

"Yeah... probably..."

Hyoyeon butted, "Anyway, I'll just be heading back to Soo."

"Oh. Me too." Sunny added too. Then, they left me and Yoong alone.

"Are you okay?" Yoong snapped at me while looking worried.

I chuckled again, "Gee. Stop it, Yoong. I'm okay."

"If this... makes you feel sad, uhhmm... we can distance from here for a while."

I looked at him straight. "Yoong. I'm okay. This isn't the time for me to brood. It's been years."

He smiled at me and held my hand, "I'm so glad you're getting better and better."

"Yeah... Glad my stupid craziness is gone now. Good thing, it left me actually."

"It's not really something that can be called craziness, you know. It's just a trauma."

"Which is another term for craziness."

He chuckled, "Really, huh? Are you sure you're looking at the right thesaurus or something?"

"Shut up." I swatted his hand away and stared back at the kid.

"I'm glad you're here."

"Huh?"

"You're actually..." He sighed deeply. "...making the world a better place."

"Now, what, Yoong? You're in love with me again?"

He laughed loudly, "You are really so delusional."

"What? That's the most plausible reason you're saying ridiculous things like that."

"No. Really. I'm serious." He looked at me warmly. "You're like an energy pill. Just with your presence, you're already calming the atmosphere."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Are you hitting on me again?"

He chuckled again, "See? I told you so." He looked back at the baby. "You make the problems go away and make it seem alright."

"Yoong. I'm dating your brother. Stop this. You're making me feel uncomfortable."

He facepalmed himself and continued on chuckling.

"Yah! Stop making it look like I'm the one wrong here."

He stared back at the kid, now looking saddened, "All I just wanted to imply to is... maybe you can help noona out..."

"..."

"Maybe you can help your best friend out too... make her see the world again still a nice place to live."

I joked, "Isn't that your job?"

He chuckled bitterly, "Not for now..."

"..."

He sighed deeply, "With all that happened... I don't think it's the right time for me to barge in her life again..."

"So, you're passing the torch to me?"

"Will you be willing to?"

"Of course. Though, I can't guarantee if I can give Jessica back to you. Who knows? Maybe, she'll fall hard in love with me because of this."

He laughed loudly again, "Like freaking seriously, just by talking to you already makes my head explode like hell."

"I'm serious."

He went back to his down mood as he continued to stare at the baby. "You know... After all these things that happened... It kind of made me feel like... Jessica and I shouldn't really be together. It had me thinking that... if only... if only I didn't try to pursue her... If only I didn't fall in love with her... she and Taeyeon-hyung would have been so happy until now."

"Yoong..." I placed my hand on his shoulder and squeezed it. "You can't control love. No one can. And it's not even a fault to fall in love."

"..."

"You don't have to worry about anything. She already chose you."

"Did she...? Really...?"

"..."

"..."

"Don't worry. Just give her some space for a while. I'm sure that's what she just needs."

No one can blame Yoong for feeling like this. Ever since he and Jessica haven't engaged in a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter