Foolish as he is

Another Day Comes

YongGuk’s phone starts bibbing and he lets out a displeased grunt.

Seungho knocks on the door from the bedroom “Guys you better be descent I’m coming out now”

YongGuk sighs and moves away into a sitting position. Alex snuggles against his side and holds on to his shirt. YongGuk moves his arm around her shoulder and kisses the side of her head.

Seungho comes out “Uhm am I the only one being bombarded with texts?”

YongGuk frowns and looks at his phone “No I just got texts from B.A.P., and Zico”

“Well I got everyone in MBLAQ, everyone in Beast, everyone in U-kiss and everyone in 2PM. Actually I got like 8 from SooHyun alone asking why Alex isn’t answering”

Alex shrugs “Uhm Yeah my phone kind of died”

YongGuk looks at her “No power?”

She chuckles “More like it got stabbed” She nods at her jacket and Seungho picks it up and sees the whole in it “He tried to stab you?”

“Well yeah” Alex says as if it is a stupid question “Tried to kill me remember”

YongGuk tightens his grip around her and frowns “I don’t like that”

Alex kisses his cheek “Me neither baby”

Seungho pulls out her phone from the pocket in her jacket and it crumbles in his hands “Yeah this won’t ever work again” He mumbles “He really wanted to get you”

Alex nods

YongGuk looks at his phone “It keeps coming I can’t even bloody answer anything”

“I know” Seungho frowns and walks over taking a seat across from them.

“Should we just wait for them to stop?” YongGuk looks at Seungho. Alex is just resting against him not really caring about anything right now. She is too comfortable.

“No they will just storm over here. We need to have a plan” Seungho says seriously “We gotta spread the word. Odds are that everyone knowing Alex will know pretty soon and people has to know that she didn’t deliberately kill him”

Alex closes her eyes and sighs “Don’t forget the fact that most people don’t know… didn’t know I was that racer”

“Right” Seungho scratches his neck “I’m calling G.O.” he moves the phone to his ear.

SEUNGHO WHAT THE HELL IS ALEX OKAY WE CAN’T GET A HOLD OF HER WHAT IS GOING ON!??!?!?!?!

Seungho moves the phone from his ear and curses before moving it back “Calm down G.O. Alex is fine. She has house arrest and is back at her place”

Are you and Guk there? You were going to see her

“I know” Seungho shakes his head and sighs “Yes we are here with her. We talked with the police. It was self-defense”

Self-defense? Really?

Seungho chuckles and looks at Alex who is being hugged by YongGuk. They are really sweet together “Alex has changed” Seungho says happily

Well that is something. So no regrets about fixing the two up?

Seungho looks at the two “No none”

YongGuk catches his eye and smiles before looking back at Alex and caresses her cheek with his hand.

Great what do we do now?

“Well I have a ton of people to call and let know the news are twisting everything. I don’t know what will happen afterwards”

Alex and YongGuk looks at Seungho who looks at Alex “I’m not sure if she can keep doing favors for agencies now everyone knows her and… everything is gonna change now” Seungho frowns

Alex looks down and YongGuk runs his hand up and down her arm to comfort her.

Seungho shakes his head “I gotta keep calling”

He hangs up and looks at YongGuk “Call HimChan and Zico. I’ll take care of the rest” he gets up and walks over to the kitchen.

YongGuk starts calling HimChan who picks up right away but doesn’t say anything.

Alex puts it on speaker phone

“Uhm HimChan are you there?” YongGuk asks looking at the phone

…Yes

“You wrote…” YongGuk looks at Alex not sure why HimChan is behaving like that.

Are you crying?” HimChan asks.

Alex chuckles and YongGuk makes an unhappy expression “No! Why would I cry?”

… uhm no reason” HimChan mumbles

Is he with Alex?” they hear DaeHyun’s voice.

“Yes he is” Alex says “Hi guys”

Alex are you there? I thought you would be behind bars by now!” HimChan says. YongGuk frowns “HimChan you ”

Alex chuckles “Yeah no I’m at home with a policeman outside my door”

Oh… good. It’s just… on the news…

“She didn’t do it on purpose” YongGuk says impatiently and rolls his eyes

Oh good” a deep sigh

“I’m a suspect but it is just formalities. He tried to kill me first” Alex says a little too casually for YongGuk’s liking

God, knowing you is like knowing an action character from a movie” HimChan mumbles.

“Then try bloody dating her” YongGuk sighs “She broke up with me!” His voice becomes whiny.

Nooooo!” Zelo yells. Alex hits the now laughing YongGuk “I didn’t mean it”

“Yes you did” YongGuk widens his eyes “You said you did”

“Yeah but I also asked you to take me back and you did so quit being a baby” Alex shakes her head and rolls her eyes. YongGuk chuckles

Don’t scare us like that!” Zelo yells

YongGuk turns his attention to the phone “Relax we are fine”

Alex kisses his cheek. YongGuk smiles and turns catching her lips. They kind of forget about the phone until Seungho walks over and whacks YongGuk over the head. YongGuk scowls at him and curses

“You are on the phone god damn it” Seungho rolls his eyes and Alex chuckles “Oh right”

“I have to call Zico guys” YongGuk says and hangs up. He then calls up Zico

GUK! YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS A KILLER!

YongGuk rolls his eyes “Murder suspect! There is a difference”

There is..? Gee sorry I didn’t realize” Zico cocky voice says sarcastically

“There is a huge difference!” YongGuk pouts

Right she isn’t convicted yet. Guk you do realize that the girl killed a man. Your girl… KILLED someone

“Boy you better stop trying to freak him out” Alex says frowning. YongGuk smiles at her

Oh… Alex… uhm hey… Don’t kill me

Alex crosses her arms and looks to the side

“Zico you little bastard, it is Alex. The news is twisting it. You know how they are” YongGuk says while trying to comfort Alex again.

Sooooo…. She didn’t kill him?

“Oh I did you little ” Alex mumbles “Stabbed him right in the neck and watched the blood splatter everywhere. You know how much blood there is in a person?”

YongGuk feels the hair on his neck stand up “He was trying to strangle her Zico. Everyone around was too scared to help her so she had to help herself. The police say it was self-defense and they have witnesses and tapes proving it”

Oh thank god. I couldn’t believe Alex would be stupid enough to kill someone on purpose… Unless it was one of those guys who… you know

YongGuk frowns and looks at Alex “Was it?”

Alex shakes her head “No if it had been one of the guys who hurt you he would have lost his ” She huffs.

YongGuk moves his legs together “It really creeps me out when you say that”

Alex laughs and gives him a kiss “Sorry”

I’m just glad the news is wrong. Now you just have to convince all of Korea and probably Japan as well seeing she was the talk of the talk when she ‘died’. Everyone is gonna know who she is now. Even if she is ‘innocent’ she has been exposed as that driver. I mean… everyone thought she was dead. This is gonna be huge no matter what happens

YongGuk sighs “You don’t think we realize that”

“I already suggested moving” Alex says. YongGuk scowls at her “You are going nowhere. You are gonna stay here with me”

Alex smiles at him “I know”

“Promise me” YongGuk says

Alex is still smiling but frowns a little *I wish I could but I’m not sure my ghost agrees*

“Alex, promise me!” YongGuk whines.

Alex rolls her eyes “You are so needy”

“I know! Now promise me!” He whines louder.

Jeez Guk I thought you were more man than that

“I’m done talking to you Zico” YongGuk hangs up at looks at Alex who sighs

“I promise that as long as I decide I will stay with you” She gives him a kiss

He breathes relieved “You had me scared there”

She chuckles “You really are needy you know”

YongGuk crosses his arms and pouts “So what?” He looks in the opposite direction. Alex leans to his ear “I love you Bang YongGuk” She stands up and walks over to Seungho who smiles at her still on the phone. She wraps her arms around him and sends a shy look back at YongGuk who is staring at her with huge eyes.

He starts smiling big and looks at his hands. He leans back and bites his lip *She loves me. My girl loves me*

He narrows his eyes and frowns a little *I love her too but…* he looks at Seungho realizing he is happy she didn’t give him time to say it back *I’m not ready to say it back* Her past with Seungho is still too vivid in his mind. He wouldn’t be able to tell her he loves her without having a hint of fear. He doesn’t want to tell her until he is ready to commit fully. As long as he is worrying about Seungho he can’t give himself completely.

Foolish as he is.