Did she have a boyfriend?

Another Day Comes

Alex is sitting in the doctor’s office linked to the machines which monitors her brain. She is a bit on the edge as usual but the doctor has decided because of her headaches starting to increase and seemingly has some triggers he doesn’t want her mind being drugged.

“So Alex” he smiles friendly “How is your head?”

“Like bloody hell with just a hint of crap” She mumbles. He raises a brow and she sighs “Sorry. It’s not good” She looks down.

“You say you have found some sort of trigger?” he keeps talking softly keeping an eye on the monitor that shows the activity in her brain.

She nods “I figured out that when I try to really think stuff over I… get a headache”

“I see” he nods “Can you tell me what you have been trying to think about? Is it your decision about getting into fights?”

“No” Alex chuckles “I never tried to think those over”

“I know” He sends her a blaming look. “You should. Then what?”

She looks down and frowns “Just.. There is this friend of mine… There was some things I didn’t tell him but which I told my other friend and I… just don’t know why I only told one of them”

“Anything else?”

“Hmm” She feels her head acting up.

“Stick with it Alex. You need to stick with it”

She nods “I promised this friend I would… uhm something and it has to do with me getting into fights. I really want to find some people but he told me not to and I promised him I wouldn’t. I don’t even promise Ani anything like that. I do what I want”

“I know” the doctor chuckles

Alex smirks a little “It’s just things about this friend. I can’t make sense of things that happens because every time I try and think about why he acts like he does and why I react as I does the ghost comes and it’s just easier to let it go”

“This friend of yours” the doctor says keeping an eye on the monitor with a slight frown “Tell me about him”

Alex sighs “I don’t know what to tell”

“There gotta be something. What about telling me something about your friendship that upset you or made you very happy”

Alex tilts her head “He called me a monster” She looks down ignoring the ghost “Said I wasn’t human”

“Why did he call you that?”

“Because I was a monster” She frowns more and closes her eyes “I was…” She moves her fingers to her temples

“How did you feel when he called you that?”

“I wanted to cry. I don’t cry!” She looks at him

“If… your ani… had called you a monster would you have reacted in the same way?”

Alex is really starting to be in pain” I… Can’t we stop?” she clutches her hands on her hair “P-please”

“Just answer the last question and you’ll get a break”

She nods “I… I would… I don’t…” She grits her teeth “No”

“Okay now don’t you think these pictures off my kids are absolutely adorable” the doctor hands her a picture frame. She looks at it just focusing on the kids and nods. Her ghost slowly subsides.

He looks at the monitor “You friend and your feelings towards him are definitely a trigger”

Alex frowns “Feelings what feelings?”

The doctor looks at her and smiles “You wouldn’t know would you?”

Alex crosses her arms and pouts.

“I think either your ghost has a real problem with your friend or she has some issues with love” the doctor leans forward and remove the sensors from her forehead.

“Love? How would you come to that conclusion?” Alex frowns and makes a weird expression when he pulls a sensor off.

“Because you are in love with your friend” he smiles.

“Am not!” Alex frowns “Guk is just a friend. He…” She frowns and looks down “He is just a friend”

“Alex look at me”

She looks up and scowls at him

“You should listen to what your body tells you and not what your brain says. You can’t count on that brain of yours anyway so my advice to you is no matter what listen to that instead of that” He points from her chest to her head.

“That’s not even anatomically correct” Alex pouts and looks away “Aren’t you supposed to know that?”

“You might wanna look into your past and see if there is any love connections that might explain why your ghost reacts so dramatically to your friend”

Alex sighs “I don’t…” She shakes her head “But why wasn’t this a problem with my ex?”

“Well your ghost is becoming stronger unfortunately”

Alex sighs

The doctor frowns “On another note… Alex these headaches are really tearing at you. Are you sleeping and eating properly?”

She shrugs “I try”

“She is wearing you down Alex, your body can’t take the stress. I told you this before. You need to slow down. You need your strength to fight her and not everyone else. I’m afraid she is starting to surface. Have you had any black outs?”

“No” She shakes her head. He nods “If you ever get one… Contact me right away”

She nods

“You gotta promise”

Alex nods again “I promise”

She walks out of the hospital with a lot on her mind but she can’t really think any of it over without her head acting up. She gets to *Am I in love with Guk?* before her head starts ringing. She sighs and lets it go calling Seungho to hear if she can come by for dinner later.

He happily agrees.

She shows up at their dorm a little past 7. They had quite a bit to do this day but the manager gave them free early all of the sudden.

Alex wonders if he has already been told about her ghost becoming stronger so fast. She stands outside the door to the dorm kicking the ground. CheonDung is the one who opens and he greets her with a huge smile and hugs her “Alex my sweetheart”

She chuckles and hugs him back. He leads her in where she says hi to everyone else. At the dinnertable Seungho looks at her with a nervous expression. Alex doesn’t notice because she tries not to think of anything. She sighs and looks up at him deciding if her ghost will become worse she might as well get on with it “Ani when you knew her…”

Seungho takes a sip from his glass and nods

“Did she have a boyfriend?” Alex asks bluntly and Seungho spits his water over Joon whose face becomes very bleak and frowning. Mir and CheonDung looks at him and chuckles. G.O. frowns and looks at Alex.

“W-why are you asking?” Seungho forces a smirk.

She shrugs and pokes her food “Just curious”

Seungho and G.O. exchange looks.

Joon is wiping of his face with a very annoyed expression. CheonDung looks at Alex “I can’t believe you wouldn’t have a boyfriend”

Alex shrugs “None of her friends said anything about her lovelife”

Seungho looks at the table with a faint blush. G.O. clears his throat “Seungho wasn’t there that guy she had a thing with?”

Seungho looks up at him “What guy?”

“You know” G.O. looks at him “That guy we met at her party. The tall good looking one”

Seungho frowns a little.

“What was his name?” G.O. looks down “Something with B. Billy or Byo or something like that”

Seungho grins “Oh that guy!” G.O. looks at him and winks quickly without the others realizing.

“He was quite good looking wasn’t he?” G.O. grins.

Seungho nods “Completely stunning”

“A real keeper” G.O. smirk.

“Couldn’t have done much better” Seungho continues

“He was really just about the perfect guy wasn’t he” G.O. continues as well.

“Were you two in love with the dude?” CheonDung asks looking at the two

G.O. and Seungho chuckles and both give him a push almost making him fall out of the chair.

Seungho looks at Alex “Well you… I mean… She had a thing with this guy” G.O. nods “He was really in love with her” he looks at Seungho who nods and looks down “Crazy much” he smirks a little and looks at G.O.

Alex looks from one to the other “A boyfriend?”

“No” Seungho shakes his head “She… didn’t love him back. It was purely a… physical relationship. She didn’t believe in love”

Alex leans back wondering why she would have a problem with her liking YongGuk. She widens her eyes realizing she just admitted to herself that… She shakes her head when her ghost acts up again and sighs.

“How do you know he loved her?” Mir frowns. G.O. chuckles “Oh when you saw him with her it was all way to obvious. I just don’t think she wanted to see”

Seungho looks at him thinking it over.

Alex crosses her arms “If he loved her why haven’t I heard anything from him since? I would think a guy who loved her would be sitting be her side. Like Kei should have done with me instead of getting drunk” She sighs and looks down.

Seungho swallows what feels like a brick.

“A-Alex…” Seungho frowns almost spilling his guts if it hadn’t been for G.O. cutting in “I don’t think you were on speaking terms when it happened. You shouldn’t worry about it”

Seungho looks down feeling horrible *I should have been by her side while she was in the coma. Even if she didn’t know I was there*

"What do you mean not on speaking terms?" Alex frowns

Seungho looks at G.O. wondering how he is gonna get out of this.

G.O. scratches his neck and looks at Seungho "Didn't you say they had an argument. Something about... their relationship" He frowns.

Seungho looks quickly to Alex and then back at G.O. "Oh uhm yeah" He takes a deep breath "I talked with him at that party where he told me about his frustrations regarding her... being kind of demeaning. She called him her toy" He sends Alex a look "He really loved her but she had made it clear that she did not want a real relationship and even said that if he ever fell for her she was gonna end it. He was scared of telling her"

Alex looks at him with big eyes. G.O. has his arms crossed and is looking at Seungho. To this day he has been the only one who knew about the hell Seungho went through. He knows the other won't know Seungho is talking about himself but still he can’t help but look at their reaction.

"When I argued with her the last time I asked about him and she said she had... told... him to... go blow his worries out his because she didn't care" Seungho frowns and looks down

" that girl was a ballbuster" Mir scratches his neck.

Alex frowns "That's cruel! How could she say that?"

Seungho looks slightly up at her "Don't ask me cause I really don't know" he had sort of been hoping to the end that she was just scared to admit it but in that second before he hung up he was convinced she never wanted anything other from him than what he had in his pants.

"You know when she told him that?" Alex looks at Seungho who looks down again "Before I talked with her that last time"

Alex ignores the headache starting to arise "She did drop out of that race the next day... maybe she was actually upset about it"

Seungho looks up at her again and frowns slightly *You have no idea how badly I want that to be the case. What wouldn't I give to have the chance to ask her that question. To ask you that question* He swallows and looks down

Alex sighs “You think she might have loved him? I know you say she didn’t believe in love but… how can anyone have no feelings?” she frowns and looks to the side, is this all because her past self couldn’t have her love so her new self can’t either?

 

 

 

 

 

Updated 11 chapters today.... I think that'll be it for today.. If I can keep that up I just needs 4 days to get the rest up and then I can continue with the other xD XD Awesome.. :P