The Promise

Valley Dreams Animalia Academy

Okay, so I know that I said I was going to update yesterday, but then I didn't like what I wrote so I had to change it. Also I was going to have something big happen in this chapter, but I've had a better idea, so I'm not going to have something big and dramatic happen in this chapter, but in one coming up. Anyway that is all, so enjoy ^.^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Eunhyuk's POV

"Okay students!" The teacher called out as the last alarm yet off, "you guys have twenty more minutes to just go and hang out and then you all must be BACK in your dorms by twelve twenty."

"Okay!" Everyone chirpped and then quickly ran off to go and find their friends that had been put in another group.

"Well that was a fun night," Yesung yawned as he stretched, "but do you guys wanna just head back to our dorms now?"

"Sure," I mumbled and let out alittle yawn, "you two up for it?"

"I am!" Ryeowook chirpped.

We all then turned to Donghae to see that he was missing.

"Um...where did Donghae go?" Ryeowook asked while spinning around, "he was just here!"

"Calm down, calm down!" I stated and then pointed back to the campfire, "he probably just forgot something and yet back to get it, I'll just go and check on him. You two can either just wait for us here or go back."

"We'll wait." Yesung answerd.

I nodded and then spun around, rushing back over to the now empty campfire. The only person still there was of course Donghae, and the only thing keeping him company as he sat there was the still burning fire.

"The teacher left too?" I chuckled, causing Donghae to let out a small gasp and spin around to face me, "sorry, did I scare you?"

"Abit." Donghae whisperd as he turned back around and looked into the fire.

"MInd if I sit with you?" I asked, only getting a nod, "thanks."

"Why did you come back?" Donghae asked me quietly after acouple mintes of awkward silence.

"Because we relized you had dissapered, so I came looking for you." I answerd.

"Okay." Donghae mumbled.

"Why did you stay back?"

"I forgot my jacket."

"Cool, so do you wanna get going?" I asked as I started to get up slowly.

"I guess." Donghae whisperd with a frown.

"Huh?" I asked and sat back down, "what's wrong Donghae?"

"Nothing," He replied, "let's just go."

"Are you scared?" I asked just as a gust of wind started to blow, putting the fire out and causing Donghae to gasp and quickly wrap his arms around me for protection, "I'll take that as a yes."

Donghae gulped and slowly pulled his arms back.

"Sorry," He whisperd and casted his eyes downwards, "I shouldn't of listened to another scary story."

"I told you not to," I sighed and ruffled his hair, "silly boy."

"What if one of those stories was true?" Donghae asked softly.

"It wouldn't matter if they were," I explained and smiled softly, "because I would keep all the ghosts away from you."

"How?" Donghae asked as he looked up at me.

"I would find a way," I chuckled and then slowly stopped when I saw his scared little face, "donghae, don't be scared. I'm here for you."

"You can't always be there for me." Donghae whisperd and then shiverd.

When he said those words, my heart suddenly started to hurt. Why couldn't I always be there for him? Didn't he like me? Why couldn't he of just said thank you or that would be great? This boy just didn't make any sence sometimes.

"Eunhyuk?" Donghae asked as he waved his hand infront of my face, "shouldn't we be going?"

"Oh yea!"I gasped and jumped up, "let's go."

Donghae nodded, but then froze.

"What's wrong?" I asked witha confused face.

"It's re...realy dar...dark." He stutterd with wide eyes.

"So?" I asked," the dorms are only like a ten minute walk from here."

"I can't go." Donghae stated.

I let out a loud groan as I plopped back down beside him and then spun around to face him.

"Donghae, there is nothing to be scared of," I stated, "as long as your with me, nothing will ever hurt you."

After I said this, Donghae turned to me slowly and bit his lip lightly, causing my heart to suddenly race.

"Do you promise?" He asked quietly.

Just then a twig snapped, and Donghae threw his arms around me and brought us as close as possible. After acouple seconds, he looked up and relized how close we were. Before he could pull his arms away or move back, I threw my one arm around his waist and brought the other one to his cheek. His breathing quickend as he looked up at me with big eyes.

"I promise." I whisperd, just as I lent down, and pressed out lips together.