Heartbreaker

Valley Dreams Animalia Academy

Key's POV

"Were's Ren?" Niel asked in a weak voice and rolled over in his bed to face me.

"Um...he's busy," I replied and ruffled his hair, "just had some things to do."

"That's what he said about you when he came," Niel whisperd and narrowed his eyes, "are you two hiding something from me?"

"No! Of course not!" I laughed awkwardly and quickly looked away, "so um, do you like being here?"

"In the nurses office?" He asked, finaily giving up over the Ren thing, "not really."

I nodded and smiled slightly.

"We'll you'll be out soon."

"Yea," He grumbled and casted his eyes towards Min, "but she won't."

"Well, she just needs alittle more time," I explained and turned to her.

Her chest was rising and falling slowly as she slept and arms were laying limply at her sides. She almost looked like she was dead since her skin was so pale.

"It's my fault." Niel whisperd.

"What is?" I asked and spun back around to face him.

"That she's hurt." He sighed and pulled the covers up over his body.

"What happend?"

"Nothing," He mumbled and rolled over, "just forget about it."

"Oh...okay," I said slowly and then stood up, "well I better be going."

"Bye." He said flatly as I walked out of the room and into the almost empty hallway.

Just as I was about to turn the corner, I slammed into something hard and fell to the ground witha thud.

"Do you mind?!" I snapped and whipped my head up to see who it had been.

"S...sorry." Ren stutterd with wide eyes and a terrified expression on his face.

"Oh," I grumbled and jumped up, "just get out of my way."

Ren nodded and I was about to push past him when he suddenly grabbed my arm.

"H...hyung?"

"What?" I asked with a frown on my face.

"N...nothing," He whisperd and dropped his hand, "forget it."

"Fine." I grumbled and quickly walked away.

I could still feel his eyes on me as I came to the school doors and threw them open. I looked back for a second to see him still standing there with a very hurt expression, and one single tear rolling down his face.

"I'm sorry Ren," I whisperd as I looked away, "but I think we need time alone to think about this."

Trees swayed from left to right as I took lent agasint one of the trees on the Academy's ground and looked around to make sure no one was around. It felt nice to be alone sometimes, and I sure was getting alot of that latly. Since Ren kissed me in our dorm, I just couldn't think straight. I didn't like him as a crush or anything more, just as a friend, but my heart still thumped harder than every whenever I saw him. Mabey it was just because the kiss had been such a shock to me or mabey because Ren might like me. Well whatever it was it was keeping me from paying attention in class and finishing my homework, so that needed to stop.
Just as I was in mid thought, I spotted Yesung walking off in the distant with his two friends. Seeing him caused me to suddenly have a flashback of last night, when I ran out of the dorm room after Ren and I kissed.

 

Rain poured down my face as I ran my hardest to the Gazebo and stopped when I had made it under the roof. I quickly sumpled down to the ground as tears streamed down my face, replacing the rain drops.

"Why me?" I whisperd and hugged my knees close to my chest, "why did you have to leave me?"

Just as I was mumbling to myself about the heartbrake that my first love caused me, a hand was placed on my shoulder. My eyes widend and I tried to shrink down, so the person wouldn't see my tear stained face.

"Are you okay?" A soft voice asked as they pulled their hand away.

I nodded slowly and waited for them to say 'okay' or to walk away, but this person didn't. Instead this person took a seat beside me.

"Are you crying?" He asked and I slowly looked up to see a boy with jet black hair, with bangs that fell into his dark brown eyes and almost glowing skin.

"N...no." I sniffled and casted my eyes downwards after I relized the boy was one of Kyuhyun's friends.

"Yes you are," he chuckled and tilted his head to the side, "what's wrong?"

"Just things," I mumbled and tighted my arms around my legs, "you wouldn't care."

"I never said that."

"But your a friend of Kyuhyun," I stated and narrowed my eyes as I looked back up at him, "and he hates me."

"But that's just Kyuhyun," He sighed softly and shrugged, "I can't hate you since I don't really know you."

"Whatever," I grumbled and shuffled back abit, "well you can leave now."

"But your still crying," He pointed out and frowned, "plus it's raining and your out here all alone, after hours."

"So?" I asked and rolled my eyes, "it's not like people ever get caught."

"Well alot of teachers are out tonight," He explained and looked off into the distance, "since those two kids went missing."

"I know," I sighed and put my arms down, "Niel's one of them."

"Oh!" Yesung gasped and whipped his head around to look back at me, "I'm so sorry."

I shrugged and started to play with a thread on my jacket.

"it's fine."

He nodded and then raised an eyebrow.

"Is that why your crying?"

"Sure," I grumbled and slowly stood up, "that's why."

"Wait," Yesung instructed and jumped up, "let me walk you back."

"I'm fine!" I snapped and frowned when his eyes widend in surprise, "sorry, I'm just really stressed out."

"It's fine," he explained and smiled slightly, "I understand."

"No you don't," I whisperd as he started to walk away and down the Gazebo's steps, "you don't understand at all."