He Has Some Explaining To Do

Aish! That Jung Daehyun!

 

 

“That little-“

 

“Namjoo,”

 

“Who does he think he is? The Boy Who Wants To Die?!”

 

“NAMJOO!”

 

I glanced at Minhwa who was looking at me with worry-filled eyes. I sighed and resumed to my violent packing.

 

What went down was that after that encounter with Eunjoo, I just started to pack my things, but in a really…not lady-like way.

 

As if I was a tornado going around our apartment. I got everything I wanted and shoved it in my backpack. At one point, I shoved in a pan, but I wasn’t sure.

 

Minhwa blocked my path to my wardrobe. She searched my eyes as I just stared back blankly.

 

“Namjoo, you can’t keep packing like this. By the time you’re done, you can move out with out things without a problem. Can’t you just forget what happened?” Minhwa asked me as I curled my lip and looked everywhere but her.

 

“How can I Minhwa? 5 years? Do you want me to forget 5 years of everything?” I asked her seriously, but with a hint of doubt. I was already taking her advice without knowing. She shrugged at me, which made me want to slap her.

 

Dude, if you’re going to give me advice, at least be sure of it.

 

“I don’t know. If you feel as if it’s really over, if you feel that it’s not going to work out, then I suggest you end it before the others know. Come on Namjoo, this is not like you. You always had a plan for everything. What happened?” Minhwa questioned quietly as I looked down, sniffling as tears stung my eyes.

 

“Daehyun happened. The talent show happened. B.A.P kidnapping me happened,” I mumbled as so only the two of us will hear.

 

Minhwa was right. It’s better to end it now than to just continue something that will eventually end in the near future.

 

“Can you help me pack later? I’ll have to…do it now,” I requested as she nodded, smiling sadly. She grabbed my hand as we passed by Jaehwa’s room, going out the front door and out of the apartment building. We took a taxi to B.A.P’s dorm.

 

~.~
 

Minhwa rang the doorbell loudly as I waited beside her, my head bowed. It was now or never.

 

The door opened, revealing Yongguk’s carefree smile.

 

“Oh Minhwa, Namjoo, what are you guys doing here?” Yongguk asked lightly, looking at both of us. I didn’t meet his eye as Minhwa cleared .

 

“We’ll leave soon. Can we speak to Daehyun?” Minhwa asked Yongguk formally as Yongguk frowned. He opened the door wider, letting us in. I looked around the living room, and my heart broke.

 

They were all having fun in the living room, watching a movie called “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl” Daehyun was sitting on the couch with Eunjoo, laughing it up with Youngjae, Jongup, Himchan and Zelo, though they noticed our presence.

 

“Oh babe, what are you doing here?” Zelo asked Minhwa curiously as he got up from the floor, looking worried.

 

“Namjoo,” Minhwa prompted me as I coughed a bit.

 

“C-Can I speak with Daehyun? Just for a few minutes?” I asked hoarsely, not meeting anyone’s eye.

 

“Daehyun, Namjoo wants to say something,” Himchan told his dongsaeng who got up from the couch and went over to me as fast as he could.

 

“What is it, puppy?” Daehyun asked me worriedly, trying to meet my eyes by lifting up my chin. I backed away, my eyes darting from left to right, but never at Daehyun.

 

“Follow me please.” And with that, I left B.A.P’s dorm and walked a little further, Daehyun following me. We stopped just a bit far from the dorm, facing each other.

 

“Daehyun…I was a bit surprised that you didn’t tell me about, uhm, your Eunjoo-“

 

“Namjoo, can you please let me explain first?” Daehyun interrupted as I sniffled, looking up to him.

 

“I can’t. I saw it all.”

 

“Namjoo-“

 

“Daehyun, I already-“

 

“Princess, if you open that cute little mouth of yours again, I swear, I’ll not explain and just kiss you right here,” Daehyun threatened forcefully as I immediately shut up.

 

“Finally. She’s my step-uncle’s daughter.”

 

“WHAT?!” I exploded, my jaw dropping as my eyes widening. Daehyun chuckled at my expression as I punched his shoulder.

 

“Ow!”

 

“Are you freaking kidding me right now?! Are you effing serious?!” I questioned harshly as Daehyun nodded innocently, his cat-like eyes smiling at me. I blew the bangs off my face and ran a hand through my hair.

 

“Kim Eunjoo is my soon to be cousin when my aunt and him get married,” Daehyun explained as I glared at him.

 

“But why was she like ‘Leave. Now.’ awhile ago? It was like…she was the overprotective girlfriend that was sending girls away from her boyfriend because she loves him,” I stated sadly as Daehyun made a sound of disgust.

 

“Because she doesn’t know you yet. I was about to introduce you to her in the outing, but you found out and misunderstood. If she knew you were the girl I always talk about when we talk over the phone, she wouldn’t dare do that. And me and her together? Nah, she’s like my little sister. Besides, she’s just 16,”

 

“16?! Okay, that’s too weird. But what about the whole ‘Dynamic DaeJoo’ thing?” I inquired as I folded my arms across my chest. Daehyun laughed and locked his arms loosely around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

 

“It was a nickname my aunt gave to me and her,” Daehyun explained yet again as he leaned his forehead into mine.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked finally, wanting to know that answer.

 

“You didn’t give me the chance to explain-“

 

“No, before I went crazy. Why didn’t you tell me you had a soon-to-be cousin?” I heard Daehyun sigh as he tucked a strand behind my ear.

 

“It was a surprise, dear. You’re already loved by my mom and dad; don’t tell me you’re not, because I’m their son. And my aunt loves you too. I want to introduce you to my whole family, because I know that someday-“ Daehyun hesitated before chuckling.

 

“Someday what?” I asked him playfully, finally letting out a grin.

 

“Nothing. Don’t worry about it prin-“

 

“Daehyun! I’ll get her away from you!” I heard Eunjoo exclaim as we both glanced at B.A.P’s dorm which housed a window that was giving B.A.P, Eunjoo and Minhwa access to the both of us.

 

They were all crammed around the window, Minhwa trying to pull Eunjoo back.

 

“Namjoo! Just continue talking! I’ll get this little girl away!”

 

“Oppa! Help me!” Eunjoo screamed as I heard a thud as Minhwa and Eunjoo disappeared from the view.

 

“I’ll go settle this! Continue talking!” Zelo told the both of us as I giggled a bit.

 

“So, you’re not mad anymore?” Daehyun asked curiously as I scowled immediately.

 

“Not mad? Yeah right.” I huffed and rolled my eyes.

 

“Then it’s settled. Mission to Make Namjoo Happy is starting! First off, let’s get us both inside. The sun might be a little too hot for my princess, okay?” Daehyun grinned goofily as I tried to suppress my smile. He held my hand as we both walked leisurely in the dorm, Daehyun opening the door and revealing two girls fighting.

 

Eunjoo looked like she was giving Minhwa a piggy-back ride as Minhwa looked like she was trying to strangle Eunjoo. I glanced around to find the guys huddled in one corner, looking stricken.

 

“They were fighting the whole time and you didn’t even stop them?!” I demanded at B.A.P who shook their heads.

 

“Eunjoo has a black belt,” Jongup said worriedly.

 

“And for the years I’ve known my girlfriend, she can pack a punch when she wants to,” Zelo stated, obviously frightened. I rolled my eyes and was about to tell them off when Minhwa and Eunjoo tumbled in front of us, Eunjoo in front of me as Minhwa in front of Daehyun.

 

“Daehyun! You should be ashamed of breaking her heart!” Since Minhwa was on the ground, she brought her foot down on Daehyun’s foot hard, Daehyun yelling and hopping on one foot.

 

“And you meanie! Not even shaking hands with him after the Tennis game! Yeah, Daehyun oppa told me all about it!” And with that, Eunjoo kicked my knee, making me cradle it and shout curses in all the languages I know.

 

“Guys! We’re not breaking up!” Daehyun said irritatedly, still nursing his foot.

 

“And I’m sorry for not shaking hands with your oppa!” I told the 16 year old who looked accomplished with that expression on her face.

 

“Oh, so…you guys are not breaking up?” Minhwa asked simply.

 

“You still love Daehyun oppa?” Eunjoo questioned innocently.

 

“Yes!” I and Daehyun chorused, our kicked parts still sore.

 

“Oh, then I’m Minhwa, nice to meet you!” Minhwa extended her hand out to Eunjoo who shook it gratefully.

 

“I’m Eunjoo! Unnie, oppas told me we’re going to eat out for lunch. Can you pleaseee buy me ice cream?” Eunjoo pouted as Minhwa who laughed and rubbed the top of Eunjoo’s head.

 

“Why not?”

 

“YAY!” Eunjoo danced happily as I glared at her.

 

My knee hurt, okay?

 

“So all’s done? No more problems?” Himchan asked curiously as the four of us shook our heads, the pain ebbing away.

 

“Great! We’ll go to Myeongdeong and shop for extra clothes and eat there later. Everyone get ready please!” Himchan ordered as we all scrambled somewhere. I grabbed Daehyun’s hand, tugging him towards door when I felt him being tugged back.

 

“Oppa! Will you help me p-“

 

“Uh, Daehyun and I will go to the park, if it’s alright with you,” I interrupted her, glaring at Daehyun who looked flushed for words.

 

“Oh, the park? Can I-“

 

“Hey dongsaeng! Do you want me to show you your stuff?” Minhwa intervened, widening her eyes at me knowingly as I nodded. Eunjoo nodded immediately at Minhwa and pulled her in the room I stayed in before.

 

“Even after the explanation, you’re still jealous?” Daehyun asked jokingly as I scowled.

 

“I’m only human, you turtle.”

 

We walked outside of B.A.P’s dorm once more, going to the park that was near there.

 

I ran excitedly to the swing, sitting on it and swinging myself as Daehyun sat on the other swing on the right of me.

 

“You really thought I cheated on you?” Daehyun asked as I swung back and forth. I thought of it for a moment.

 

“Yeah. It sounded so convincing that I even believed that I was just an eavesdropper on a couple conversing,” I told him as he sighed, stopping my swinging by holding the chain.

 

“Namjoo, do you still doubt me after 5 years of being together? You were okay with sasaeng fans, you handled the rumors well, but you doubted me because of one measly 16 year old?” Daehyun summed up as my heart plummeted.

 

“Shows what kind of person I am, huh?” I muttered to myself as I saw Daehyun get off his swing and kneel in front of me, holding both my hands.

 

“Yes. It shows that you’re imperfect, just like every human being. It shows that you have fears, which is fairly normal. Namjoo, whoever you are, I’ve already accepted. Ever since the Pocky Game. And if you still keep on worrying after this, you’ve really gone bonkers.” I grinned at Daehyun’s speech, hugging him around the heck as I rested my chin on his shoulder, closing my eyes.

 

“You always known the right words to say,” I whispered happily.

 

“Of course I do. I’m Jung Daehyun, baby.”

 

I snorted at his comment. At least he got that part right.