Daehyun's Leave

Aish! That Jung Daehyun!

 

Before Daehyun could talk, Jongup explained the whole thing.

 

Turns out, when I and Zelo took off, the others made a run for it. The reason Daehyun is now a living and breathing tree is because he accidentally tripped over a crack and landed on a bush. The reason he got a bruise under his left eye is because he bumped into a large pole.

 

“So that’s why we hate running when Daehyun is with us. It’s like he goes out of his way and causes all sorts of trouble,” Youngjae stated coldly, earning a glare from Daehyun.

 

“What matters most is that Zelo and my Namjoo is safe.” Daehyun smiled brightly, despite his bruises. I sighed and smiled tiredly as I dabbed his lip with my handkerchief. Daehyun shook his head as I stopped dabbing, confused.

 

Daehyun rolled his eyes and leaned down to kiss me.

 

Seriously, it’s like he hasn’t bled at all! I couldn’t detect the taste of blood. All I tasted was a pair of sweet and soft lips that made me woozy.

 

“Okay, before noona faints, let’s go!” Jongup announced, slinging his arm around Zelo and walking towards a huge rollercoaster.

 

“WAIT!”

 

“AWW!” Both Jongup and Zelo whined at Himchan who glared at them.

 

“Since we’re all nine, let’s split into three groups. Three people per group,” Himchan suggested.

 

“Alright. I’m with Yongguk and Himchan hyung!” Youngjae said, pulling the two eldest away from all of us.

 

“Jaehyun hyung is ours!” Zelo and Jongup said at the same time, grabbing each of Jaehyun’s hands and hauling him to the nearest rollercoaster.

 

“Jae will probably faint,” Sarang announced, chuckling.

 

“Why?” I asked confusedly.

 

“He’s terribly afraid of heights,” Sarang responded, smirking. I laughed a bit, Daehyun smiling at our nice attitude. I guess he caught up with us and realized we didn’t want to murder each other.

 

“Okay, so where should we go first? I was suggesting going to the ro-“

 

“What do you mean? We have to take him to the clinic first, just so we know if he’s really okay,” Sarang protested, looking at me as if I were dumb.

 

Okay, I knew that Daehyun has a lot of bruises, but I know Daehyun.

 

He wouldn’t want to be a bother to anyone, so he just hides the stinging pain, like what he’s doing now.

 

“But-“

 

“Namjoo, do you want him to bleed to death?” Sarang asked in a parental tone, looping her arm around Daehyun while giving me a pointed look.

 

Ble-bleed to death?! Can she be more dramatic?

 

Alright, HOLD UP. What happened to the sweet and apologetic Sarang? It’s now replaced by this wild she beast who thinks she knows everything.

 

“No, but-“

 

“Then let’s go!” Sarang said impatiently, glaring at me before hauling Daehyun to the nearest clinic which was near the ticket counter. I watched their retreating backs, counting from one to ten.

 

Daehyun wouldn’t accept this. He will see through her like before. He wouldn’t-

 

“Sarang, my lip hurts,” I heard Daehyun whine as they entered the clinic, closing the door shut. There I stood, helpless, alone, and abandoned.

 

I was left here by my boyfriend and a girl I thought who changed.

 

I guess people never change, do they?

 

I sighed and found the nearest ice cream shop. I walked in and sat down on one of the chairs that were pushed under the table. The waiter took my order, which was a strawberry ice cream with lots of sprinkles.

 

“Here you go Ms.,” The waiter said cheerfully, coming back with my ice cream on a cone. I nodded absent mindedly and looked up. I gasped, my eyes widening in shock.

 

It was Byun Baekhyun.

 

“Ba-Baekhyun?! What the f-“

 

“No cursing in an ice cream shop!” Baekhyun warned, staring at me with a pointed look.

 

I pursed my lips and then grinned.

 

“Sorry, bacon. Anyways, what are you doing here?” I asked curiously, my ice cream happily. For at least a minute, I forgot about Sarang and…

 

Daehyun who?

 

“I’m here to plot my revenge against a flying pig, that’s why I work in an ice cream shop,” Baekhyun answered sarcastically, rolling his eyes. I chuckled at his behavior.

 

People may change, but this cute piece of bacon will never change for anyone.

 

“Say, do you have time off? I was abandoned by my…friends,” I made a face when I uttered the last word. Because they were really not my friends. More like enemy and not-sure-about boyfriend.

 

But yeah, sticking with ‘friends’ is cool.

 

“I do have this day off actually. I went to work here because I had nothing to do in our dorm. Chanyeol’s loud again, so I have to go somewhere his blaring tone couldn’t be heard.” Baekhyun smiled cheekily as he said it.

 

I laughed a bit and motioned him to get changed, for he was wearing a pink apron that didn’t match his personality.

 

Well maybe, a little.

 

“Oh, and as we ride the living hell out of these heart stopping rides, we’re going to talk about why you were left alone by Daehyun, alright?” Baekhyun said sternly before disappearing behind the door.

 

I rubbed my temples and laid my head on the cold surface of the table.

 

Yep, what fun I’m having now.