Insert Lee Sarang

Aish! That Jung Daehyun!

 

“AGAIN!” Mr. Kang, the dance instructor of B.A.P roared. I flinched at the sight of the exhausted boys. They were already on all fours, yet the instructor kept telling them to dance better. They were about to pass out, for cheesecakes’ sake.

 

I watched the instructor as he yanked the boys up on their feet by their hair. My heart tightened as I heard Zelo cry in pain.

 

We arrived at the dance studio after lunch, expecting it to be tiring but great as always. But they were assigned to a new instructor. To me, he sounded like an executioner. He was the harshest dance instructor in Seoul.

 

I was hiding behind a closet, peeking at them. I was not allowed to show my face to Mr. Kang, since he might misunderstand. Right now? I didn’t care if that devil misunderstood. He was pushing B.A.P to their limit, and I’m afraid one might crack under the pressure.

 

“M-Mr. Kang? C-Can we t-take a br-break?” I heard Himchan ask timidly, his tired voice soft. I closed my eyes as I heard a slap. I never wanted to see any violence, even if I inflicted it myself. However, those were playful punches.

 

Out there, it sounded like the instructor was about to abuse them physically if they didn’t get the next dance move right.

 

“You dare ask for a break?! Your dance is lousy and horrible, and you ask for a break?!” Mr. Kang demanded as I heard another slap. What the heck was Yongguk doing?! He was supposed to reason with this psychotic human being!

 

I opened the closet door a little, examining them.

 

Yongguk was staring at Himchan worriedly. Zelo was already on the floor, shedding silent tears. I saw Jongup’s eyes travel toward me. His eyes were dead. There was no emotion left. His eyes spoke the words I was afraid to hear.

 

Help us

 

I took a deep breathe and pushed the closet door open.

 

“YAH! You psychotic animal!” I yelled, jumping out of the closet. Jongup’s smile returned, but Yongguk looked apprehensive.

 

“Namjoo, what did I say about-“

 

“Shut it. Now Mr. Kang, are you torturing these kids or are you instructing them?” I asked him sweetly, batting my eyelashes. Of course, it was all a mockery on how angry I am right now.

 

Mr. Kang glared at me before slapping Himchan again, who yelped at the sudden pain on his right cheek. I signaled Youngjae to fetch Himchan. Youngjae complied and hauled Himchan to the other side of the studio.

 

“You’re no better than those who abuse people. You’re not worth to become a dance instructor. You’re just a no good as-“

 

“No cursing,” I heard Daehyun warn. I rolled my eyes and focused again on the devil. He was smirking as he went to Daehyun. He pulled him to the ground by yanking his hair. Daehyun let out a howl of pain.

 

My eyes turned red from anger. Why didn’t Daehyun fight back?!

 

“You’re dead,” I said quietly as I lunged at Mr. Kang. I sent him a fist punch, causing him to lie down on the floor and groan. I slapped him across the face six times, each for every member. Two times for Himchan.

 

“I WILL TELL YOU TO THE CEO OF-“

 

“Go to hell,” I remarked coldly as I punched him in the nose. He went unconscious as I stood up from the floor. I dusted my sleeves and my hands. This is the first time I really fought someone physically since… never mind.

 

“NAMJOO! Are you okay?!” Jongup demanded as he rushed towards me, engulfing me in a hug. I sighed and hugged this ball of sunshine back. I didn’t know why that Mr. Kang didn’t fight back. There has to be a reason why.

 

Jongup let go of me and went towards Zelo to help him up.

 

“Now, explain to me why you guys didn’t fight back? I mean, a Youngjae and two Yongguk’s can easily own that animal.” I glared at each one of them, but their faces remain solemn.

 

“We can’t. Our manager told us that if we lay a finger on him, we’re dead,” Daehyun answered dully as he clutched his hair. My heart softened as I stared at them with more sympathy. They were like robots. One false move, they’ll be shut down.

 

“It’s okay noona.” Zelo attempted to smile, though it looked forced. I glared at him half-heartedly. How could they take this?

 

“Come on. Let’s lock him in a closet or something. I’ll just have to lie that he passed out from exhaustion,” Yongguk decided tiredly. Daehyun and Youngjae carried Mr. Kang in the closet I was hiding in earlier.

 

They locked it and threw the key out the window.

 

“I’m sorry if I caused any problems,” I muttered, shuffling my feet a bit as they stuffed their belongings back in their bags. Youngjae smiled at me.

 

“Don’t worry. We wanted to do that for a long time,” He comforted.

 

 

~

 

“Home sweet home!” Himchan announced, plopping on the couch and hugging one of the soft pillows. We got home in around thirty minutes, since Zelo and Jongup begged for ice cream for around twenty minutes.

 

“Guys! Sarang just texted me! She said she will come over to stay for the night, before they leaves for America tomorrow!” Jongup exclaimed, whooping alongside with his partner in everything, Zelo.

 

“Sarang?” I asked Youngjae quizzically who was reading one of the Percy Jackson books. He looked up from his book and grinned a bit.

 

“Sarang is one of the trainees in TS Ent. She quit being a trainee and decided that she’ll study in America. She was our friend over three years,” Youngjae explained, going back to his book.

 

So, they had a friend that’s a girl? Interesting.

 

“You’ll like her, Namu. She’s tough and fierce like you,” Himchan ruffled up my hair. I frowned at the comment. Okay, call me selfish if you would like, but I didn’t like sharing my style.

 

The reason I turned into this kind of girl is because I got tired of seeing all those girly girls. I didn’t want to be like them, so I became this. Tough, fierce, and not willing to let anyone step on me. However, another girl seems to have taken this route too.  Call it cliché if you would like, I don’t care.

 

“So, you irritated Namjoo? That someone also has guts?” Daehyun asked sarcastically from the doorway of the dining area. I glared at him. I was irritated, but I wasn’t going to say that to this Ice Prince.

 

“In your dreams, turtle,” I retorted harshly, rolling my eyes.

 

“What’s up with these animal names? Can I be dolphin?”

 

“Dibs on monkey!”

 

“Please shut up,” I groaned.

 

 

~

 

“Minhwa? Can you stay for the night here in the dorm?” I asked her through the phone, biting my nails. Yes, I have a habit of biting them when I’m nervous, don’t judge me.

 

“Why? I have school tomorrow, and you do too!” Minhwa argued through the line. I sighed and plopped on the bed. They were all cleaning their rooms because their friend ‘Sarang’ was coming over.

 

“You know Sarang?” I asked her nervously. There was silence when she answered.

 

“Yes, I do,” She answered quietly.

 

“Well, she’s coming over and-“

 

“She’ll stay for the night, right?” Minhwa asked aggressively. I nodded at her. Then, I mentally slapped myself for Minhwa wasn’t even here. Stupid me.

 

“Yeah. So are you coming over?” I asked her hopefully. I didn’t want to be alone when all of them will be fawning of Sarang.

 

“Definitely,” I heard her say before she hung up. I sighed and scrolled through my contact list until I found the name I was looking for. Hey, if B.A.P was going to have a female friend, I’m going to have them too.

 

I pressed the phone to my ears. After two rings, he picked up.

 

“Yeoboseyeo?” I heard the kangaroos’ sleepy voice say through the line. I chuckled.

 

“Hey, it’s me Jaeroo. There’s something I want to ask you,” I responded.

 

“Really? What?!” He excitedly asked. I could almost see that big smile of his. I laughed lightly, feeling my heart grow lighter.

 

“What do you say if I asked you, you can sleep for one night in BA.P’s dorm?”

 

 


 

A/N: Hi everyone! Did you like this chapter? I hope you did! Thank you so much for still reading! ^_^