Oh, Hello There Lee Byunghun

Aish! That Jung Daehyun!

 

I sighed as Mr. Kim rambled on and on about how Music is our soul.

 

Psh, yeah right.

 

I have been listening to that teacher for a whole hour, ranting about how we kids don’t appreciate music enough and that he didn’t deserve to teach here for his so called ‘talents’ are wasted.

 

He wasn’t a bad teacher. He was just someone who was too full of himself.

 

I sighed once more and doodled in my notebook. The teacher surely won’t notice me drawing, for I was at the back of the room.

 

Wrong.

 

“Ms. Kim! MS. KIM!” I jerked my head up as Mr. Kim shouted my name for the second time. He was obviously mad at me for not listening to his very interesting speech.

 

“Detention Ms. Kim, for not paying attention in class,” Mr. Kim snapped, glaring at me before talking about Music. I growled and tried not to think of killing him in my head.

 

Oops, already did.

 

“Mr. Lee! I see you haven’t been paying attention to class also! Detention with Ms. Kim! And-“

 

“Please, just shut up,” one of my classmates spoke up to the teacher, which made Mr. Kim very mad that he turned red. I laughed a bit, trying to make in unnoticeable.

 

“Don’t make me give you detention too, Mr. Park. Now all of you, get out of my sight,” Mr. Kim hissed as the bell rang loudly. Students stood up as quickly as they could, rushing towards the door to get out of this hell hole.

 

I packed up my things neatly, which is rare. I’m usually one of the students trying to escape this place quickly. Maybe it’s because I’m tired.

 

Or maybe it’s because of a jerk called Daehyun.

 

“He’s not a jerk,” I argued with myself, frowning. I felt my heart drop as I remembered he was mad at me. It was my fault he’s mad, so that Ice Prince is not a jerk.

 

Shut up Namjoo, you know he’s a jerk The voice in my head said slyly.

 

Before I could announce World War III between me and that voice in my head, Lee Byunghun interrupted before the war started

 

“Kim Namjoo right?” Lee Byunghun, or more commonly known as L.Joe, asked me curiously. I nodded silently, as he smiled sadly.

 

“Must be sad to get stuck with me for two hours. We have to clean this classroom,” L.Joe stated, gesturing his hands towards the jungle they call a classroom.

 

I groaned and threw my bag that I was already holding on the floor in anger. He chuckled before getting my bag and setting it down beside his bag that was on his chair.

 

He rolled his sleeves up, removed his tie and went to work. He walked over to the blackboard and starting erasing Mr. Kim’s dreadful- I mean wonderful writings.

 

“So you’re just going to start? Just like that?” I asked a bit too harshly. L.Joe turned around and grinned.

 

“The sooner we finish, the sooner we can go home you know,” L.Joe pointed out, sticking his tongue out at me playfully. I giggled and started picking scraps of paper on the ground.

 

We cleaned in silence.

 

That is, when L.Joe suddenly started a conversation.

 

“So, to be Jung Daehyun’s girlfriend huh?” He asked suddenly, causing me to jerk up from my position, which was on the floor. Unfortunately, I was under a table, so I hit my head on the underside of the cursed table.

 

“Aish,” I mumbled in pain as I stood up from the floor. I glared at L.Joe’s back, but then softened as I pondered the question.

 

“As for now, yeah. Why do you ask?” I answered vaguely. Hey, I’m not badmouthing Daehyun. I still love that awkward turtle.

 

“I saw you kiss him this morning, in front of the school. That dude didn’t even notice you. He was looking at Eunji, instead of you,” L.Joe answered bluntly, proceeding to sweeping the floor.

 

I didn’t answer back. He got the signal that I didn’t want to talk about it.

 

It was too painful.

 

“I’ll walk you home today, okay?” L.Joe said, his voice happier than before. I let out a small smile as I cleaned the tables of the animals- I mean classmates.

 

“Oh, and by the way? Call me Byunghun.” Byunghun winked at me as I chuckled a bit. 

 


I'm so sorry if it's short! I wanted to update twice, but I stopped halfway writing the 50th chapter OTL. I hope you guys forgive me :(

Oh, and thank you for the 138 subscriptions. It really means a whole lot :')