Thank You For Everything

Aish! That Jung Daehyun!

I ran and ran. I didn’t stop. Why would I stop? So people can ask if I’m okay? I wouldn’t want to risk that. I didn’t want to be branded as “The Ex-Girlfriend of Jung Daehyun”

 

People will definitely forget my name. They will just know me as Daehyun’s ex, and soon, his fangirls will be all over me with their large Canon and Nikon cameras and screeching tones. I stopped running as I reached a secluded area on the beach, where the waves hit the shore farther and where the restaurants and cafes stayed away from. As I panted, my mind gathered that this was an unfamiliar place, even to the locals. I took a side glance and saw a bunch of thugs smoking their cigar, wearing baggy clothing and acting as if they were superior.

 

“Get out. Now,” I whispered to myself as I pat my still wet bottoms. I’d rather have them on than without them. I clutched my wallet and phone tight and straightened up, careful not to make any eye contact with the thugs. I walked straightforward when a rough and calloused hand grabbed my inner elbow.

 

“Where are you going, beautiful?” Someone whispered in my ear as I felt bile rise up in my throat. I pulled away quickly, staring at the guy in shock. He looked like he was on his 40s already, but he still had that drunk grin on his face. I walked backwards as he stalked forward. I looked around.

 

No one to help me.

 

No Jung Daehyun to defend me.

 

I’m all alone.

 

I squared my shoulders and nodded at the guy with confidence, trying not to show that I was as scared as heck. His buddies circled me, and soon, I was in the middle of the damned circle. I gripped my belongings tight, gritting my teeth to keep them from chattering. From the cold and also from fear. The leader, the guy in his 40s, laughed and took his cigar out of his mouth, tossing it to the ground.

 

“You shouldn’t have wandered alone here so late at night. Not in those clothes. So thin, so easily broken, so easily to remove. Boys.” The guy snapped his fingers together with his malicious grin as two of his allies grabbed my arms. That’s when my instincts kicked into action.

 

“Let go of me you dirty filth!” I shouted and screamed, anger bubbling in every being. I knew I wouldn’t get out of this situation just because of anger alone. That would be suicide. I kicked the guy on my left on his stomach and bit the right guy’s arm on me. They both released me when I turned back and started to run.

 

“AH!” I cried out in pain as I was forced to see the night sky, the leader pulling my brown hair back and snaking his arm around my waist. He held me against him and traced my neck with his nose. I started to sob quietly. So everything was going to end like this?

 

Jung Daehyun, if you can miraculously hear me, I love you.

 

“You heard the lady. Let her go.”

 

My sobbing stopped as I realized who owned the voice.

 

The voice I thought would be my last undoing. The voice that I loved so much. The voice that comforted me in times of need, made me laugh, made me smile, made me cry. That voice.

 

Jung Daehyun’s voice.

 

The leader cackled loudly, gripping my hair tighter and pulling me closer to him as I gasped, gagging as I felt something hard just on my hip.

 

“And who are you to tell me to let this beauty go?”

 

“Jung Daehyun of B.A.P. And she is my girlfriend. Let her go, and no one gets hurt.” I heard Daehyun say as I gulped, sniffling loudly. I was glad he was here to save me, but him against all of these boys? He’ll be mauled in a few minutes. The leader snorted, shaking his head as he placed a filthy kiss on my cheek. I shivered in disgust, wanting nothing but to hurt him thoroughly.

 

“You and what army?”

 

“Oh, just my boys and their girlfriends. Have I told you that two of them know Taekwondo?” Daehyun asked innocently as I struggled in the leader’s grip, clenching my fists and breathing hard. I could sense that Daehyun was near erupting into anger. And you wouldn’t want to see an angry Daehyun.

 

“So let the girl go, bud. You wouldn’t want to anger us,” I heard Jaehwa state in confidence. I was happy to hear her voice again after so long, though it was only for half an hour.

 

“Boys, get them,” the leader instructed.

 

“NO!” I cried out as I heard his minions rush to B.A.P, Minhwa, Jaehwa, Sarang and Jaehyun.

 

“Shut up, !” The leader kicked the inside of my knee as I was forced to knelt and look at the scene. Right in front of me was Daehyun. He had a fiery light in his eye and he gritted his teeth once he saw me. I mouthed, “Help me.”

 

“You bastard!” I heard Daehyun growl when he ran towards me, leaping and tackling the leader to the ground. I heard punches being thrown as I crawled away, forcing myself to my feet. I tossed my phone and wallet to the side and ran to help Minhwa who was locked in the arms of a guy and she was struggling.

 

“Let go of me! I said let go!”

 

“You heard the lady! DUCK!” I yelled at Minhwa as she slid down fast, me pouncing on the guy like a wolf. I landed on top of him and threw punches at him that he poorly blocked. I punched his nose, making it bleed before giving him two black eyes accompanied with two slaps on each cheek. I scrambled off him and spat on his face, kicking his groin.

 

“That’s for being disrespectful. Come on! Let’s help Daehyun!” I shouted at Minwha as she nodded frantically. We both ran towards the fight in the middle, seeing Daehyun and the guy rolling over each other. I caught a glimpse of Daehyun’s bloody cheek, and that’s what threw me over the edge.

 

Minhwa seemed to notice my growing rage for she put a cautious hand on my back, “Namjoo-“

 

“NOBODY – TOUCHES – MY – JUNG – DAE – HYUN!” Using the last word as a battle cry, I yelled and tackled the guy off Daehyun and punched him straight on the middle of his face.

 

“Never touch him again, you hear me?!” I stood up and kicked his ribs before kicking his groin, leaning down to punch his stomach and face. I grabbed his shirt collar and brought him close to my face. Despite the rancid odour from his mouth, I shook him, his head lolling back but still partly conscious.

 

“Leave. Leave and never come back.” I threw him back on the sand. He whimpered before scuttling away, his injured but conscious allies following him. I breathed hard, still feeling the raging fire after the battle. I looked around to see if everyone was okay. They were all huddled together over someone. I furrowed my eyebrows in worry and went over to the group.

 

“Who’s that?” I whispered to Minwha who was the closest to me.

 

“It’s Sarang. She took a strong punch to the gut. She’s unconscious,” Minhwa whispered worriedly as I nodded in understanding. Sarang lay before us, not moving. Her lips were a pale white color as she looked like she was drained. Jaehyun was crying silently as he slipped his arms under her, carrying her easily. He looked around us and nodded solemnly, his nose bright red.

 

“I’ll take her to the hotel’s infirmary,” Jaehyun announced as Himchan nodded, clapping his back.

 

“Go and take care of her.” And with those departing words, Jaehyun started jogging with an unconscious girl in his arms. I looked around and saw if everyone was okay. The reality dawned on me. They all got hurt because of me.

 

Yongguk has a black eye as Himchan winced whenever Yongguk touched his ribs, though he insisted he was fine. Youngjae walked with a limp as Minhwa tended over Zelo’s bruises on his face, when she had hers. Jongup fussed over Jaehwa’s bruised arm as Jaehwa responded by fussing over Jongup’s aching stomach.

 

They all risked their lives. For me.

 

Great going, Namjoo.

 

I sighed and picked up my belongings, turning to my friends. “Guys, I’m sorry. You all got hurt because of me. Y-You shouldn’t have followed me here. I’d rather-“

 

“Don’t say a word,” Daehyun interrupted bluntly as I shook my head. “I’m sorry, okay? For everything Daehyun. It was cruel of me to say those words, and I regret it, I really do. But nothing I could say could change your heart, I know that. We’re over, right? I-I’ll try to ace pt that.” I swallowed down the lump in my throat that was forming dangerously. Youngjae chuckled and shook his head, pointing at Daehyun.

 

“Jung Daehyun is a big fat liar.”

 

“What?! Hey smart pants-!” Daehyun started to scold when Youngjae held up a finger and closed his eyes for a moment before looking at me with a painful smile.

 

“That Daehyun was worrying about you ever since you left the room. That ridiculous guy might look like he was cold and heartless, but he cried! He locked himself in the bathroom for an hour and cried. When you came, which was thankfully in time for Daehyun because his eyes weren’t puffy anymore and he gained his sense, he acted all cold and apathetic again. That’s his defence mechanism, and I know you know that Namjoo. Do you know how we found you?” Youngjae asked as I shook my head, all amazed by the words he was saying that my words were lost in the wind.

 

Youngjae glanced at Jongup who smiled childishly at me. “When you ran, Daehyun called out your name and ran after you like the wind. It took a while for us to catch up, and Daehyun was already halfway to where you were. When we got to him, he saw the guy holding you already and Daehyun hyung was muttering things about how he would die. He was pretty scary when you ask me.”

 

“And oh! When me and Yongguk tried to reason out with Daehyun and say we could just talk to the guy and convince him to let Namjoo go, Dae Dae here shook his head and insisted on a fight. His exact words were, and I quote, “No. I will not let those bastards get away with what they done with my Namjoo. They will pay dearly.” Unquote,” Himchan added with a smile.

 

“The point is, Dae hyung cared about you Namjoo. He was confused himself. But when he saw you hurt, he couldn’t stand it. He wanted to tear him limb from limb,” Zelo added for the last time before I looked at Daehyun. He was silent, staring at the sand.

 

I couldn’t believe it. Someone like Daehyun, the Daehyun now, would say something like that. It was impossible.

 

“I-I don’t know what to say. If you guys are cheering me up with those words-“

 

“It’s true. They’re true. The truth is, I never wanted you to leave. Ever. All I wanted was you by my side, holding my hand and smiling. That’s what I wanted. But I was acting selfless. I thought it would be best if I finally let you go,” Daehyun croaked out. I was surprised myself when I talked, my voice was steady.

 

“You have to learn how to be more selfish then.”

 

Daehyun looked up in shock as I shrugged, letting out a small smile.

 

“Do you want to start this all over again?” I asked him casually, holding out my hand.

 

Starting my love story all over again with Daehyun was hurtful. All those moments we have to remake was too hard, and will look fake. Daehyun looked at my hand for a moment before holding it in his.

 

“Oof!” I gasped as he pulled me sharply to his chest, his strong arms enveloping me in a tight hug. I melted against him, sighing happily as I pressed my cheek against his collarbones, the beat of his hard fast.

 

“I never want to restart this fairy tale, puppy. I want it to continue, as it is, and never want it to end,” Daehyun whispered sweetly in my ear as I hugged his waist tightly, mumbling, “Alright. But I get to be your princess.”

 

“You always were.”

 

“YAY! YOU GUYS ARE BACK TOGETHER! Now can we heal ourselves and get some food? I’m starving!” Zelo shouted as I laughed, glancing at the maknae as Minhwa hit him across the chest playfully. Some things never change.

 

***

 

“Hold still!”

 

“But baby, it hurts!”

 

“Well, you were my knight in shining and armour. Of course it’s going to hurt, Dae.” I chuckled and dabbed some alcohol on the bruises on his face as he pouted, blinking cutely. I rolled my eyes and continued to treat my boyfriend. Everyone was already finishing up, and it was me and Daehyun left. I changed into some skinny jeans, a fitted yellow t-shirt with letter printings on it and rubber shoes. I treated my wounds earlier and settled for Daehyun.

 

“Hey, thanks for saving me back there, Dae. I really appreciate it,” I thanked him, smiling brightly as Daehyun chuckled, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him. We sat comfortably on Daehyun’s bed.

 

“Of course. Anytime you get in trouble, just call me up and me and the rest of B.A.P, the Mafia kings, will be right there to save you, hon.” Daehyun winked playfully, wincing when his scar near his eye stung. I giggled and bit my lip, pecking his pout.

 

“Aww, don’t pout!”

 

“But it hurts!” Daehyun whined as I rolled my eyes once again, poking his cheek. “It’ll get better soon, Dae, don’t worry. You’ll be as good as new!”

 

“But I wouldn’t be perfect anymore,” Daehyun countered sadly as I shook my head. “I liked you as you, Dae. Always have, always will.” I smiled and leaned in to give him a real kiss. It’s been a while since I felt his warm lips move against my own. I s my arms around his neck as his arms around my waist. He pulled me even closer as I tilted my head to the side, delving into the passion in the kiss when someone cleared their throat.

 

“Ehem. I don’t want you guys to shake the bed there with me watching, so come on! We’ll still eat at the Fish Shack!” Himchan scolded as I giggled, Daehyun glancing over my shoulder, shooting a glare at his hyung.

 

“Thanks hyung, really, I appreciate you interrupting us.”

 

“Anytime, youngster. Wouldn’t want you to strip the innocence of this girl. Hurry up!” Himchan scolded once more before getting out of the room, Daehyun grumbling and rolling his eyes.

 

“As if you were innocent.”

 

“Do you want me to pretend to be?” I asked in a sultry voice as Daehyun laughed, smiling happily as I smiled back. This was what I missed the most.

 

“Come on babe, let’s not keep that wife of Yongguk hyung’s waiting.”

 

***

 

“Let’s make a toast!” Yongguk shouted as I giggled along with Jaehwa. Sarang smiled weakly as Jaehyun smiled with her. Yongguk stood up and held his coke up high with a big grin.

 

“To Minhwa, Jaehwa, Sarang, Namjoo, Jaehyun and B.A.P! May we last long boys and girls!”

 

“Whoo!” We cheered back in return, chanting cheers while clanking our glasses together. We enjoyed a meal of salmon and different kinds of seafood. I laughed and joked with the others as the moon rose up high in the Boracay beach.

 

"Hey Namjoo?" Daehyun asked as I finished laughing from a joke Youngjae made. I glanced at my boyfriend. "Yeah?" 

 

"Would you like a breadstick?" Daehyun asked me innocently as I shrugged and nodded with a smile. "Sure!"

 

Daehyun smiled and handed me a breadstick as I took it happily. I was about to bite into it when I saw what was inserted in the breadstick. A small, but perfectly my size, silver ring with a diamond on top of it. My jaw dropped open as my eyes bulged. I looked at Daehyun as he smiled, leaning in to peck my cheek.

 

"Well, future Mrs. Jung. Why don't we tell them later, hm?" Daehyun suggested playfully as I nodded, tearing up and kissing him on the cheek as he put an arm around my shoulders.

 

"Yes, future hubby. You know what?"

 

"What's that?"

 

"I love you."

 

"I love you too, pup."

 

I grinned and leaned in to receive a real kiss from my soon to be husband.

 

Yep, those last five years were one hell of a ride. I can’t wait for the next years to come.

 

Thanks B.A.P

 

For everything.

 

The End


Yay! So, I finished the story! Thank you so much guys for supporting me! A new story will be uploaded called:

Aigoo, Kim Taehyung!

And it will be my early Christmas gift as soon as I start to outline!

Thank you for subscribing, supporting, reading and commenting! Also upvoting! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

I love you all! *throws sarangs at you guys*

Oh! And please don't forget to read this story! It's really AMAZING! :D

으르렁 Beauty and the Wolf

Subscribe and comment on the story! It's really good! And maybe an upvote, yeah?

Anyways, thank you again!

I love you all! Anticipate the Taehyung story soon! Till then, Bye~ ^^