Pinic Under The Stars (Why's The Idiot Here?!)

Aish! That Jung Daehyun!

 

“It’s really nice meeting you, Kim Namjoo. It’s been a pleasure.” L smiled sweetly before taking my right hand and kissing it. I felt Daehyun turn rigid below me as I blushed at his action.

 

“It’s really no problem L oppa. We’ll see you there in an hour,” I called out happily as Infinite waved in goodbye, heading towards the convenience store accompanied by a lot of cameramen.

 

“Remind me not to let you anywhere near the male species ever again,” Daehyun growled as he adjusted me so that I had to clutch on him tighter. I frowned at the back of his head, ready to retort something witty, but stopped myself.

 

The turtle’s just jealous Namjoo. Gosh, how this guy gets jealous is too scary.

 

“Eh, you’ll get over it. Come on, let’s go back to BTOB!” I encouraged with an excited smile playing on my lips. In just one hour, almost all the groups in Idol Camp will be in our cabin.

 

SHINee and Infinite, be ready before then.

 

“Oh no! We’re not going back to those erted boys,” Daehyun said defiantly, scowling at the ground as he continued walking to some place else, away from Infinite’s dorm.

 

“What? We have to invite more groups! We can’t-“

 

“I already called Eunkwang, and he said he’ll be in charge of inviting all the groups. We’ll be-“

 

“Daehyun, I know you’re jealous, but you’re starting to sound like Yongguk oppa. You won’t let me near boys-“

 

“We’ll be enjoying our time, having a late night picnic while watching the stars. I thought you would like spending time more with you boyfriend rather than running off with other boys that makes this turtle jealous,” Daehyun finished his sentence sadly as my jaw dropped.

 

Before us lay a checkered picnic blanket, and on it was a lot of foods ranging from hamburgers to pasta.

 

Himchan’s cooking, I presume.

 

Let’s hope it’s not poisoned.

 

“D-Da-“


”But, if you really want to go back to BTOB-“

 

“Okay! I’m sorry Daehyun. I didn’t know you’d ask me for a…friendly outing,” I apologized, grinning apologetically even if he can’t see it. I heard him sigh in amusement as he let me down gently on the grass.

 

He helped me walk (or hobble) towards the picnic blanket. I sat on it carefully, not putting any weight on my leg. Daehyun sat also in front of me, handing me a plate.

 

“You really prepared this? All by yourself? It’s a miracle nothing bad happened to it,” I joked as he laughed at my comment.

 

“Not really. I didn’t prepare this all by myself. The food, of course, was made by Yongguk hyungs’ wife and I got the picnic blanket from Youngjae. You know how prepared and ready Youngjae is,” Daehyun replied teasingly, grinning as he ate his burger.

 

“Boy scout Youngjae, oh how he loves that label.” I sighed dreamily as Daehyun laughed along with me.

 

“It’s been awhile since we had an outing like this, don’t you think?” I asked conversationally as I lay down on the picnic blanket after finishing my burger, staring at the stars and the moon.

 

I heard Daehyun fix the food, putting it in a bag before lying down next to me, which was really close by the way.

 

I blushed as I realized he smelled quite nice.

 

Do I always react like this when I’m around him?

 

As a matter of fact, don’t answer that question.
 

“Outing? What, too innocent to call this romantic evening a date?” Daehyun teased, nudging me lightly on my right side as I cringed because it tickled.

 

“Yah! I’m not innocent!”

 

“I think you’ve pointed that out already, when you were screaming my name in the car.” I glanced at him to see him wink and wiggle his eyebrows knowingly. I flushed red as I slapped him on the chest.

 

“Yah! I only screamed because-“
 

“It felt good?”
 

“Because you were being an idiot!” I finished, blushing some more. I did not like how his dirty mind kept teasing me.

 

I know how babies are born, for heaven’s sake. I don’t live under a rock.

 

“Yeah, that’s totally the reason why you screamed my name over and over.” Daehyun rolled his eyes and rolled to his side, facing me as I looked at the stars.

 

“You’re one weird turtle, really,”

 

“You’ve said that before, jagiya. Running out of insults?” he countered back, sticking his tongue out. I wrinkled my nose and smiled a bit.

 

“Nah, still have dozens more. I just choose not to deflate your ego. At its current state…well, it’s not looking too good.” I nodded seriously, Daehyun laughing at my weirdness. He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer.

 

I still didn’t face him, since I was busy naming the stars.

 

“Let’s name that DaeJoo,” I suggested, pointing at the one star in the sky that shined the brightest in my eyes.

 

“Why?” Daehyun asked curiously, nuzzling his nose under my cheek and pulling me even closer.

 

“Because it shines the brightest among all the stars. Our love will always shine bright even if hardships and trials come our way. If you don’t like the name, then-“ a kiss on the cheek cut off my sentence as I half-smiled.

 

“Aigoo, looks like my baby knows how to speak the language of love. Where’d my puppy learn all this stuff?” Daehyun cooed as I rolled on my side, facing him. He was smiling at me, his eyes disappearing.

 

“Where else? I learned it from Yongguk’s wife.” Daehyun dropped his smile and glared at me.

 

“And to think that this puppy has learnt something from me.” Daehyun shook his head dejectedly as I chuckled at his cuteness.

 

“So, having fun are you?” A teasing voice interrupted our peaceful moment. We both sat up and turned around to see seven males glaring at us.

 

“Er, what’s up Ilhoon?” I smiled as innocent as I could, hoping and praying they would go away.

 

Unfortunately, BTOB doesn’t do ‘go away’.

 

“What’s up?! WHY DIDN’T YOU GREET ME AND HYUNSIK, ‘HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY’?!”

 

“Yah, hyung! If you’re changing my gender, and least let me end up with someone decent!” Hyunsik reprimanded Changsub who stuck his tongue out at the younger male.

 

“Anyway, let’s set aside the fact that Changsub and Hyunsik are now a couple and focus more on what’s at hand. Everyone’s already there at the cabin, Hyorin sunbae is even hosting games right now,” Peniel piped up from behind Hyunsik and Changsub.

 

“Really?! Aish, I’m really sorry for not being organized.” I cursed under my breathe as I stood up, wincing as pain rippled on my right foot.

 

I heard Daehyun sigh and roll the picnic blanket, putting it inside the bag with the food.

 

“Catch, lover boy.” Daehyun threw the bag roughly to Ilhoon who caught it with a groan.

 

“Turtle, don’t hurt him,” I said defensively, frowning at Daehyun who smiled innocently. I shook my head in amusement as Eunkwang talked to me about the happenings in the dorm when I and Daehyun were absent.

 

“Boyfriend’s already there, as with BEAST. EXO will be arriving later on,” Eunkwang reported as we trudged on the worn path that led to different cabins.

 

“How about 2NE1? Did they arrive?” I asked curiously as I kept my eyes on the path.

 

“Can’t go, Bom suddenly got a fever. They’re all taking care of her back at their cabin,” Minhyuk replied.

 

“Any signs of B.A.P?” Daehyun asked from somewhere behind me.

 

“Yeah, actually, Himchan and Hyorin are the hosts of the games,” Ilhoon announced which made my heart unclench from anxiety They were there.

 

Not lost in the woods, or getting mauled by a bear.

 

“I bet the guests are already getting annoyed with that ahjumma’s voice. And I’m not talking about Hyorin.” Sungjae casted an uneasy look at Daehyun.

 

“You couldn’t have said anything truer,” Daehyun agreed lightly, clapping Sungjae on the shoulder good heartedly. I smiled at how the guys are getting along.

 

We finally reached the cabin, and from what I can hear, everyone’s having a good time.

 

You would have thought that for an idol, they would like to party all night and drink until their head explodes.

 

Don’t worry, I thought that too.

 

But from inside the cabin, there were no shouts of ‘Drink it up!’ all I heard was some laughing and then Himchan’s voice.

 

“Shall we go inside?” Minhyuk asked excitedly, jumping on his heels.

 

“Heck yeah!” I agreed as Minhyuk pushed open the cabin door. At once, we saw several people sprawled on the floor, some on the couch, and some also on top of others.

 

In a good way, of course.

 

The cabin’s big enough to hold a lot of people, since we’re talking about idols here, not normal people.

 

I looked around and saw something that caught my eye.

 

I couldn’t believe it.

 

Why would he be here?!


I'm really sorry for not updating for three days! I just finished my exams today, and writer's block got to me, so I'm really sorry if this chapter :\

Thank you so much for still supporting and reading this story! Really thankful that people took the time to read this story :)