You Finally Realized, You Idiot

Aish! That Jung Daehyun!

 

“AGAIN!” Sarang screeched as I landed on the floor on all fours. It was a sunny Tuesday, and we were practicing ‘Shy Boy’ by Secret. It was going well when we were alone. Sarang left me alone as I practiced.

 

However, B.A.P decided to check on us since this was their practice room.

 

“Daehyunnie oppa! I’m so good in dancing, right?” Sarang did Secret’s step in the chorus. I snorted as I clutched my aching ribs. She looked like a penguin, flailing her arms.

 

Daehyun looked at her uneasily before glancing at Yongguk for help. However, true to his word, Yongguk didn’t notice.

 

See, the B.A.P boys are giving the spotlight to me. They won’t acknowledge Daehyun until he lets go of Sarang. Daehyun has no one to talk to that’s close with B.A.P except me and their manager.

 

“That’s not how you dance it, dimwit,” I muttered as I stood up again slowly, glaring down at Sarang. She scoffed and crossed her arms across her chest. She raised an eyebrow at Daehyun, prompting him to back her up.

 

Please Daehyun. I know you like her, but at least grow some backbone to tell her she’s a fu-

 

“That’s not the right way, Sarang.” Daehyun looked at her coldly. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I smirked at Sarang, and smiled a bit to myself. Maybe he wasn’t as brainwashed as I thought he would be.

 

Sarang frowned at her ‘yeobo’, hitting him in the chest with her bag. Mind you, her bag is filled with make up and photo albums of herself. Once the bag collided with Daehyun’s chest, he stumbled backwards and fell.

 

Youngjae let out a cry and made a move to help the fallen boy when Yongguk stopped him. He turned to me, giving me the ‘look’. I took a deep breathe and went over to Daehyun.

 

I held out my hand, waiting for him to take it.

 

“YAH! If you dare accept help from her, we are over!” Sarang yelled out immaturely, causing me to roll my eyes. Her immaturity caused Daehyun to grab my hand. His hand felt soft, warm and friendly. I never wanted to let go.

 

He stood up and stared at me, his eyes calculating a million possibilities on why I helped him. I stared at him, hoping my eyes would show him the answer.

 

“We’ll talk later Daehyun. Ramjoo-“

 

“It’s Namjoo, you blockhead,”

 

“Whatever ,” Sarang emphasized the last word. I gasped at her. She cursed. I looked at Yongguk. He had a stony expression on, as if he was ready to take on Sarang.

 

“Daehyunnie, we’ll talk in the dorm. I have had enough for today.” And with that, she flipped her hair and strutted out the door, holding her bag of make up and photo albums. She was too obsessed with herself.

 

“She cursed,” I stated, going over to boom box and removing the CD that was in it. I replaced it B.A.P’s Warrior album CD. I pressed play, and waited for their smiles.

 

Sure enough, Jongup grinned and started dancing the choreography. Youngjae shrugged and danced with Jongup, though his moves were a bit off from the long time of not practicing the dance. Himchan jumped up and down excitedly as he wiggled his . Yongguk rubbed his temples.

 

“Come on, Yongguk oppa. It’s going to be fun.” I smiled at him, waiting for the leader to show any emotion. He grinned back before taking Himchan’s hand and dancing with him. Even if it was a pop mixed with hip hop song, they danced goofily.

 

I shrugged and started doing some weird moves. I heard a chuckle behind me as I turned around, Daehyun holding two water bottles. I smirked and took one from him, opening it up and drinking.

 

“So, girl problems?” I asked Daehyun skeptically. He gave me a ‘what the heck’ look as I laughed.

 

“I could help, you know. I’m a girl too, if you haven’t noticed,” I teased playfully, poking him in the arm. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, his expression becoming worn. My smile dropped as I saw how tired he was.

 

“Are you really okay?” I asked worriedly. Seriously, he looked like he hadn’t eaten for days.

 

“No. I don’t know why I always follow Sarang! She makes me eat only once a day because she says I’ll grow fat if I ate three meals a day. She makes me stay awake with her, so that she can decide which lipstick to use for tomorrow. She makes me do touchy stuff to her because she says she wants to ‘get it on’, and-!”

 

“Dude! Slow down! We get it! Sarang is a deranged psychopath that you want out of your life!” Youngjae interrupted, clapping Daehyun in the back. Daehyun looked at the younger boy gratefully.

 

“Why haven’t you told us sooner, hyung? We could’ve helped you.” Jongup frowned at Daehyun. He looked at his shoes sheepishly.

 

“I don’t want you guys to think I dumped her for no good reason. You might believe the lies she says to you, to make me look bad. I figured if I just stayed with her, you’ll still be friends with me,”

 

“Well, you assumed too much, Mr. Jung.” I punched him on the shoulder lightly, grinning.

 

“Yeah, Namu’s right. We didn’t talk to you because you were with her, not because you’re not with her. We don’t like her at all. We’re trying to distance you from Sarang, because we saw how evil she can be. That’s why we sent Zelo as a girl-“

 

“Wait, so that’s why Zelo’s missing? YOU TURNED OUR MAKNAE INTO A FEMALE?! Are you crazy?!” Daehyun demanded, grabbing Youngjae by the collar. I chuckled as I remembered doing that to Youngjae.

 

“We’ll explain later, hyung. Anyway, back to what Youngjae was saying. We sent Zelo to school as a girl to spy on Sarang and on Namjoo noona. Namjoo noticed Zelo right away. So, what we did, we laid the mission on Namjoo’s hands,” Jongup explained, pacing around the studio.

 

“She’s supposed to make you like her and leave Sarang.” Himchan gestured to me as I blushed.

 

“Yah! Himchan oppa! That was not the plan! I was just supposed to distance Daehyun away from Sarang!” I protested, blushing even more when Daehyun glanced at me. He smiled a bit before pinching my red cheek.

 

“Well, she has succeeded. I can’t believe you guys made a mission without me.”

 

“Well, since it’s about you, we can’t really reveal it,” Yongguk remarked, smirking at the younger one.

 

“So, we’re all in the same side now?” I asked cautiously, glancing at Daehyun for confirmation.  He smiled half-heartedly before grabbing my hand and pulling me to him. I felt his arms wrap around my waist, closing the distance between me and him.

 

I don’t know about your heart rate now, all I know is mine is going too fast for comfort. I don’t know if it’s because I’m happy or embarrassed.

 

“Someone’s getting friendly!” Jongup cooed, dancing in happiness. I tried to smile, but then I realized my grin was already from ear to ear.

 

“What do you mean we’re on the same side? We were always on the same side, Namjoo. Enemies or not, we got each others back,” Daehyun replied, making my heart thump faster.

 

“YAH! Don’t steal my noona!” Jongup exclaimed suddenly, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards him.

 

“YAH! She’s not your noona! She’s mine!” Daehyun shouted, his eyes widening at what he said. I myself didn’t believe what he said.

 

“Okay, enough with the cheesy stuff. Let’s eat. I’m hungry!” Himchan snapped making Jongup roll his eyes at him.

 

“Hyung, you’re the one who flirts most in the group, why the sudden change?”
 

“Want a sudden change in your face?”

 

“Let’s go eat,” I agreed quickly before Jongup’s face can be rearranged. Everyone muttered in agreement. Yongguk, however, told us we’ll pick Zelo up from a boys’ house, since they were practicing for the dance contest too.

 

I was about to squeeze in between Yongguk and Himchan when Daehyun pulled me again towards him, holding my wrist firmly as we walked side by side.

 

“We’re going to have a long talk,” Daehyun spoke quietly, which made me a tiny bit scared. I looked at Daehyun’s hand that was holding my wrist tightly, but not too tight to stop the blood circulation.

 

I smiled goofily. Youngjae noticed my smile and smirked. I stuck my tongue out at him.

 

“Enemies or not, we got each others back.” Daehyun’s voice echoed in my head.

 

“We’re definitely not enemies, you turtle,” I said as quietly as I could.

 

“We never were,” I heard Daehyun reply.

 

“YAH! Who told you to talk back to me?!” I demanded, punching him again in the arm. I swear, a bruise is going to form there.

 

“No punching! It hurts!” Daehyun exclaimed, glaring at me.

 

I smiled at him, showing him my signature eye smile.

 

Yep, we’re not enemies.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I feel as if we’re more than that. 

 


 

I'm sorry if it's boring! I promise, the next chapter will be more eventful! Thank you for still reading and commenting! I LOVE YOU ALL! :3

Youngjae petting the animal Daehyun's holding! :D