Don't Joke Like That!

Aish! That Jung Daehyun!

 

“YAH! I’m not too short for my age! I’m- STOP LAUGHING JUNG DAEHYUN!” I shouted a tad bit too loud. Daehyun’s whole profile shook with laughter as I bowed to an auntie who glared at me.

 

Once she went away, I turned my laser eyes to the infuriating human being.

 

“Stop teasing me! You’re so mean!” I told him harshly, punching him in the chest lightly. Hey, I didn’t want the Ice Prince to get injured. Yet. I frowned and turned away from him, walking with more power.

 

Daehyun rolled his eyes and caught up with me.

 

Yes, it was already two o’clock in the morning. The sky was lighting up slowly, and we were running out of time. Not that we cared.

 

Secretly, I hugged the huge stuffed bear Daehyun bought for me. I actually threatened to dislocate his shoulder, but I eventually gave in when we settled for a deal.

 

Instead of pranking Jongup, I’ll be pranking his dear yeobo, Youngjae.

 

Oh, the fun we will have.

 

I smiled as I inhaled the scent of the bear. It smelled nice, and it smelt like… the cologne Daehyun uses before he goes to B.A.P schedules.

 

Yep, I’m going crazy.

 

“Yeobo! You think I fell for your ‘I’ll-be-mad-at-you-so-you’ll-bug-me-in-a-flirty-way’ trick?” Daehyun asked, smirking slightly at my furious expression. I swear, if looks could kill, Daehyun should have been reincarnated sixty times, from all the times I glared at this stupid turtle.

 

Stupid, but cute.

 

Aish, what am I saying.

 

“What trick? Honestly Ice Prince, you’re losing your touch.” I smiled victoriously, knowing that I fooled him. He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

 

“And can you stop calling me yeobo? It’s irri-“

 

‘YEOBO! YEOBO! YEOBO!” Daehyun chanted loudly, skipping around me as we walked towards the dorm. I chuckled at how this shy person could be funny when he wanted.

 

“YAH! You’ll scare Zelo when he hears your annoying voice!”

 

“Annoying voice my , love.” Daehyun stuck his tongue out at me before unlocking the door and stepping inside. I tried to keep my poker face look, but in the inside, I’m screaming my head off.

 

I mean, Daehyun only says ‘love’ and ‘yeobo’ to irritate me right? RIGHT?!

 

“Thank my lucky stars Yongguk hyung isn’t awake. We’ll be dead when that terrorist is up,” Daehyun announced tiredly, crashing on the couch. I sat on the floor and my stuffed bears’ head lovingly, imagining that it was Daehyun’s hea-

 

WHAT?!
 

“Your lucky stars won’t be so ‘lucky’ after I’m through with them,” I muttered darkly, trying to rid my thoughts of the Ice Prince. Daehyun burst out into laughter, clutching his sides. I chuckled at his state. This kid was seriously cute.

 

“What the heck is all this noi-“ Himchan’s voice said sleepily as he exited out of his room, rubbing his sleepy eyes. He blinked at me and then at Daehyun. He finally understood.

 

“YAH! WHERE WERE YOU TWO?! WHY IS IT ONLY NOW YOU TWO GOT BACK?! WHY- YAH! JUNG DAEHYUN AND KIM NAMJOO! COME BACK HERE SO THAT I CAN-“ The rest of his shout was cut off when Daehyun and I rushed in my room, shutting the door.

 

Daehyun and I leaned on the door, hoping Himchan didn’t have the energy right now to break open the door. I was hyperaware that Daehyun was clutching my hand very tightly. Hey, I knew the feeling of being scolded by Himchan.

 

Trust me; you’ll try to avoid mistakes when you’re around him.

 

“Yah! Jung Daehyun! Open up!” Himchan roared, pounding on the door forcefully. Oh gosh, we’re really going to die.

 

“I’ll break down this door-!”

 

“This is Namjoo’s room! You can’t break in a girls’ room!” Daehyun shouted, causing the pounding of Himchan to stop.

 

There was slight shuffling before Himchan spoke again.

 

“Fine. However, this will not go unnoticed, you hear me Daehyun?!” Himchan demanded before I heard his feet stomping towards his room.

 

I sighed and wiped the sweat that formed on my forehead. If you let me choose between hundreds of fans or Himchan, I’ll take the fans any day.

 

“Yah, you know you can’t go out there. I’m pretty sure Himchan told Yongguk oppa. They’ll have a camp site set up right outside this door, waiting for you to come out,” I warned, looking at Daehyun curiously, waiting for his reaction.

 

Surprisingly, he laughed. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed.

 

“I’m kind of used to it. You’re probably right about the camp site Yongguk hyung set up. Heck, that’s basically his dream next to being the world’s greatest rapper. There’s another problem that I’m more concerned about though.” Daehyun looked at me with great interested, as if he was waiting for my reaction.

 

I scoffed and punched his arm playfully, still not letting go of his hand. Hey, it was soft! Don’t blame me, blame the turtle.

 

“Where will I sleep?” Daehyun asked. I was about to laugh, but then I froze.

 

Good question, turtle.

 

A good question always comes with great answers.

 

However, Mr. Jung Daehyun, I don’t think I can say the answer.

 

“Simple, on the floor,” I responded loftily, shifting my eyes away from Daehyun’s face. He chuckled and brought our hands on the floor. We were currently sitting down, so the distance wasn’t really a problem.

 

I felt the floor, and it was cold as ice. Not even Daehyun’s personality can beat it.

 

“Do you want me to catch a cold?” Daehyun asked, pouting at me cutely. I held in a giggle that wanted to escape. Act tough, Namjoo. Don’t let that cutie patootie fool you.

 

“I don’t. But you’re going to sleep in my bed. Is that okay with you?” I asked back, raising my eyebrows questioningly. He thought for a moment, his eyebrows scrunching together.

 

“I slept with you before, so it wouldn’t be a problem. Why, are you uncomfortable?” He teased, smiling as he held my hand tighter. I blushed and tried to separate our hands, which was impossible.

 

“Of course not!” I protested loudly, causing Daehyun to laugh again. He enjoys seeing me embarrassed? Gee, great to be of service?

 

“Then let’s sleep. We have to talk to manager hyung tomorrow, and you’re coming with us. He has something to tell us, something important.” Daehyun yawned loudly before rubbing his sleepy eyes. He blinked around cutely, finally his eyes resting on me.

 

“So, are you going to sleep like that?” I asked again, hoping for a yes.

 

“Yeah. Unless you have guy clothes here, which would be very suspicious.” Daehyun raised his eyebrows teasingly at me. I chuckled and smiled a bit at him.

 

“Fine, I’ll just change into something more comfortable.” I stood up and let go of Daehyun’s hand. I went over to my dresser and got a large t-shirt out and a pair of shorts. I pointed to Daehyun, and then to the door behind him.

 

He pouted, but turned away. I quickly changed into my sleeping clothes, feeling a bit weird since it’s the first time I did this.

 

Now, now, no dirty thoughts earthling.

 

“Daehyun, you can look now!” I called out from the bed. He turned around, laughing a bit as he saw me on the bed. He smiled tiredly before climbing in. I put the stuffed bear in between us. You know, so there will be now awkwardness.

 

“YAH! I can’t sleep with a huge stuffed bear in front of me!” Daehyun demanded, making me jump a little at his annoyed voice. He wasn’t joking now. I quickly removed the stuffed bear and placed it on the floor carefully before going back to my place.

 

“Goodnight,” I muttered curtly, turning to my side so that I was facing the wall.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m just really tired,” I heard Daehyun apologize quietly. I slowly turned again, facing Daehyun’s tired face.

 

“Then why don’t you sleep?” I asked him curiously.

 

“Because I want to talk to you,” he said quietly, pouting. I giggled and scooted closer to him. I patted his head until he closed his eyes.

 

“Can I hug you?” Daehyun suddenly asked, his eyes still closed. There was a pink tinge on his cheeks as he waited for my answer.

 

I myself was shocked he asked that. Nevertheless, maybe because he was scared of the dark?

 

It should be. Please conjure a valid reason, and I’ll love you forever.

 

“O-Okay” I stammered, moving a bit closer. I was still six inches away from him, so I wouldn’t really call it close.

 

“Yah, it’s like you’re afraid of me.” Daehyun chuckled, smiling. He wrapped one arm around my waist, and then pulled me closer to that my head slammed on his chest. I didn’t get hurt though, since his chest was pretty soft.

 

I made myself comfortable. I could feel his heartbeat, steady and rhythmic.

 

“Daehyun?” I asked out of the blue. Maybe tonight was the night I should confess.

 

Maybe tonight was the night I should tell him my feelings.

 

Maybe-

 

“Yes, Namjoo?” He asked, his voice quiet and tired. I was about to utter the next words, when Daehyun did it for me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I like you, Kim Namjoo. Now go to sleep,” Daehyun murmured, pulling me closer.

 

I froze on the spot, my eyes wide.

 

He said he liked me.

 

He told me to go to sleep.

 

He said he freaking liked me.

 

 

“Y-Yah, do-don’t joke w-with m-me like th-that,” I muttered softly. I was scared. I was scared about the consequences. If I liked this turtle, problems will arise. If I liked this turtle, the BABYs and Warriors will hunt me down and murder.

 

However, if I did like him and he liked me back… aish, it’s not good thinking about this at this unholy hour.

 

“Who said I was joking?” Daehyun smirked, before he entered dreamland.

 

Yep, that’s when my heart exploded.

 

And no, it’s not from embarrassment.

 

It was from pure happiness. 

 


 

Annyeong! ^.^ Did you guys like this chapter? Daehyun told Namjoo he likes her, kekeke. I have a special surprise for you guys in the next chapter~ It has something to do with Namjoo, Daehyun and their manager. Thank you again to those who read, commented, subscribed and supported my story! I honestly don't know where you get the time to read my story, haha. 

Yonggukkie's cute mistake~!

 

To shawtyshawty

I laughed way too hard at your comment XD. Us and BapFanticLover are mega nerds. A Greek Geek and proud of it! :D