Youngjae, you are dead.

Aish! That Jung Daehyun!

 

“Daehyun!” I pounded the door with my fists, scaring the whole neighborhood.

 

Silence.

 

“Yah! Open the door you insufferable idiot!” I shouted at him in anger, hitting the door with my fist for the last time. My hand fell limply in my side as I stared at Jung Daehyun’s door hopelessly.

 

Daehyun won’t come out of his room. Morning until now, he didn’t leave his hideout. He refused to eat, to go to the bathroom or anything like that. That turtle stayed in his room for fourteen hours straight.

 

I looked around and my eyes fell on Jongup for help.

 

“I’m sorry, noona. If Daehyun doesn’t want to go out of his room, it’s almost impossible for us to convince him otherwise,” Jongup spoke sadly, shaking his head. I felt anger bubble up inside me as I started to land another blow in Daehyun’s door when Yongguk caught my wrist just in time.

 

It’s all because of Mr. Kang. He should’ve partnered me up with Daehyun.

 

He should’ve told Daehyun it was all a joke, and he was my singing partner.

 

However, that idiot made Youngjae my partner.

 

At the moment, I felt betrayed and mad. I didn’t want to sing with Youngjae. I didn’t volunteer. This injustice is going to eat me alive.

 

“Namjoo, we have to go. The fan-meeting will start in half an hour. We have to get there early. If Daehyun-“

 

“It’s fine! If he doesn’t want to come, it’s perfectly fine for his fans!” I interrupted, shouting at Daehyun’s door. I stared at it with outmost hatred when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Youngjae staring at me sadly. I smiled just a bit, to let him know that I was still sane.

 

“Namjoo, you don’t have to-“

 

“I’m going to sing with you, Youngjae. I will. I don’t care if Daehyun won’t be there for me. He never was.” I threw a hateful look at the door, daring it to glare at me. No sound came out from Daehyun’s room, which was both satisfying and saddening.

 

“Noona, let’s go.” Zelo beckoned me to follow Yongguk who was already out the door. B.A.P won’t lock the dorm, since Daehyun was still in it.

 

I sighed and followed Zelo. Even though I didn’t want to cry, tears sprung from my eyes and fell freely down my face. I raised the back of my hand to wipe it away when Jongup wiped my tears for me. I looked at him with gratitude. At least someone still cared.

 

“Thank you Jonguppie,” I muttered, looking at the ground.

 

“No problem, noona. Dae hyung will show up, don’t worry.” Jongup smiled brightly, making me smile a bit too. Maybe I can get through tonight. Maybe I didn’t need Daehyun.

 

 

How very wrong I was.

 

~

 

“ his shirt! I said his shirt! FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE, BE A MAN!” I heard Minhwa yell at the stylist who hurriedly ed Yongguk’s shirt. I laughed a bit, shaking my head at the hot headed Minhwa.

 

She was our stage manager for today, and she was doing a fine job in managing back stage and onstage. She just scared the staff a bit.

 

“Get him new pants! Not the dinosaur patterned one, THE WHITE AND NORMAL ONE!” I heard Minhwa order as the staff that was in charge of B.A.P’s clothes broke down into tears.

 

Okay, maybe Minhwa scared them a lot.

 

“I’ll cover for her,” I offered, grinning and saluting Minhwa as I got the pants she needed. I handed it to Yongguk as he threw me a grateful look. I gave him a thumbs up and ushered him onstage. They were going to perform “CRASH”, and they only had five minutes to change.

 

I saw Minhwa blow the bangs off her face as she checked something off the clipboard. I went over to her and smiled a bit.

 

“Yo Min, chill okay? You’re going to scare the souls out of these workers.” I chuckled as she sent me a death glare. She fanned herself with the clipboard, almost hitting the person who walked past her.

 

“Normally, it wouldn’t be this hectic. The fans are more demanding than usual since Daehyun is not here.” She threw me a pointed look as I shrugged, staring at fans from backstage.

 

“Don’t point your fingers at me. I wanted Daehyun to come too, yet that stubborn idiot won’t budge from his room. Seriously, I dedicated two hours of my life just to get him out of his room with no luck.” I blew a raspberry, rolling my eyes.

 

“Fine, I believe you. That turtle is just jealous because he can’t sing with you. His best mate will sing with you instead, and that’s what crushed him,” Minhwa joked, shoving me a bit.

 

I laughed. The idea was farfetched to some. However, it was not to me. Weird, huh?

 


”Yeah, right. That’s why he stayed in his room for almost a decade.” I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at my cousin. She laughed a bit, giving me her signature eye smile.

 

As I was about to retort, the fans screams increased. The staff started going crazy. They ran in different directions, mostly outside.

 

“YAH! What’s happening?!” Minhwa demanded to one worker that she pulled by the collar to face her.

 

“Daehyun arrived,” he announced as Minhwa let him go.

 

Crap.

 

“I’ll be back, Namu. You and Youngjae are up next. I’ll get that idiot before he gets mauled by the BABYs. Good luck,” Minhwa told me frantically before running outside. I stared at her in shock.

 

Yeah, just tell me I’m up next without further explanation. Great.

 

“I guess Jung Daehyun finally arrived!” I heard Yongguk announce from the stage. I gulped. This was not good. I and Daehyun in the same place?! We’ll freeze the whole room with our icy remarks.

 

B.A.P ran back to the backstage, breathing heavily. I stomped towards them, grabbing Youngjae by the collar.

 

“Yah! What happened out there?!” I demanded, shaking him a bit. I guess he saw how angry I was right now because he spoke up immediately.

 

“Daehyun suddenly arrived after we finished performing ‘CRASH’. Daehyun wore a disguise, but the fans noticed him. Daehyun-“ Youngjae stopped talking, his eyes widening in fear.

 

“Daehyun is here,” Youngjae whispered in shock. I let go of his collar and turned around rapidly, only to be facing Busan’s Won Bin.

 

He indeed wore a disguise. He was wearing a black beanie, a black t-shirt and black skinny jeans. He looked at me for a moment, his eyes apologetic and exhausted.

 

“Na-“

 

“Save your breath, Daehyun. There is no explanation needed. You didn’t want to go, and you were simply forced now because you feel guilty. Don’t worry Daehyunnie, I know the feeling.” I sneered at him, making him flinch.

 

He reached out for my hand as yanked it away from his reach. I glared at him, yet he didn’t back down. He stared at me with those apologizing eyes. He wanted forgiveness, he wanted to make up.

 

He has to beg on his knees for it then.

 

“Yoo Youngjae and Kim Namjoo please proceed to the stage please,” I heard someone announce.

 

“Namjoo, you are not going up there! You are not going to sing with him!” Daehyun protested, a crazy look in his eyes. He wanted to do something, but he doesn’t have the will to do it.

 

“Just watch me.” I turned my back to him sharply, marching over to Youngjae. To think I was about to break down the door to his room just to get him to eat dinner.

 

“Come on, Youngjae,” I commanded, not waiting for him. I stepped on the stage, to be greeted by hundreds of BABYs who were chanting Youngjae’s name. I plastered on a fake smile and waved to the crowd. They responded back enthusiastically, cheering their loudest. I raised the mic to my lips.

 

“Is everyone happy tonight?!” I asked, directing the mic to the crowd as they cheered back in response. I grinned and brought the mic back to my lips.

 

“Good. I and Youngjae will sing ‘Going Crazy’ that was originally sung by Secret’s Ji Eun and B.A.P’s Bang Yongguk. Are you guys ready?!” I asked again, making the crowd go wild. I chuckled as Youngjae stepped on the stage with me, waving to the BABYs.

 

Youngjae looked at me once. Something about his eyes told me he was sorry.

 

Oh no.

 

Youngjae, please don’t do this to me.

 

I couldn’t do it.

 

Don’t you dare-

 

 

 

 

“I will not be singing tonight with Namjoo. Daehyun, get up here!”