Operation: Make Namjoo Happy

Aish! That Jung Daehyun!

 

“YAH! WAKE UP LOVEBIRDS!” A shout merrily danced its way into my ears. I, however, is not ‘merry’ this morning.

 

I felt Daehyun stir beside me, but I elbowed him. He got the message and stayed still, his arm wrapped around my waist. He pulled me closer to him, my back resting against his chest.

 

“I said, wake up!” Youngjae shouted again, hitting Daehyun with a pillow. I giggled as Daehyun shot up from the bed.

 

“YAH! NO ONE HITS ME WITH A PILLOW!”

 

“Too bad I did.” Youngjae’s eyes widen as he realized his mistake. Daehyun growled and chased Youngjae away from the room. There were a couple of shouts as I fixed the blankets and the bed.

 

My thoughts traveled back to what Daehyun said last night. My hand stopped fixing the mattress as I stood up to my full height, putting a hand on my chin, thinking.

 

He was tired and exhausted from the trip to the amusement park. He probably imagined his past girlfriend and moments they had with each other. I sighed and dropped my hands in both sides.

 

He doesn’t like me. He doesn’t like me at all. Anger bubbled up inside me as I punched the pillow, trying not to let out the scream that I tried so hard to keep in.

 

Get your act together, Kim. You’re not moping around the whole day for ONE boy. You’re going to be strong and pretend like nothing happened last night. As if there was something last night to begin with.

 

I sighed once more and sat on the neat bed, smoothing out the covers. Daehyun suddenly barged in, huffing and muttering as he sat beside me.

 

“You should go change now, Jung. We’ll be late,” I advised shortly, getting up from the bed myself. He frowned at me before trying to grab my wrist. I put two hands behind my back, rocking back and forth on my heels.

 

“Namjoo?” Daehyun asked, concern written all over his face.

 

“Just go change,”

 

“But-“

 

“Now.” I glared at him until he stood up and exited the room .Before he did though, I turned around.

 

“Next time you play with a girls’ heart, try to make sure that that girl isn’t me,” I voiced out, finally letting some of my anger disappear.

 

He looked at me confusedly before answering.

 

“Namjoo, if what you’re talking about is from last night, then-“

 

“I told you, Jung. Go get changed. Now.” I pushed past him, purposefully bumping in his shoulder. I looked around and decided to make breakfast. I started taking out a pan, filling it with pancake mixture. Yes, pancakes. B.A.P loves pancakes.

 

“Hmm, I smell something delicious!” Himchan yelled loudly, wrapping his arms around my waist. I chuckled at his cheerful behavior before he released me.

 

“YAH! What was that for, Daehyunnie?” Himchan pouted, rubbing his right arm where Daehyun punched him.

 

“It’s okay Himchan, two pancakes for you.” I smiled brightly at the pouting Himchan. His pout turned into a smile as he hugged me tightly, making Daehyun’s eyes widen.

 

“Thank you Namjoo! And- YAH! Stop hitting me!” Himchan exclaimed once again, glaring at Daehyun. Daehyun shrugged before going to the dining area, getting a bowl of cereal on the way. I sighed and continued cooking the pancakes.

 

Today was going to be another long day.

 

 

Daehyun’s P.O.V

 

I stared at my bowl uninterestedly, poking at my cereal. What was up with Namjoo today? She was bubbly and harmful yesterday, and now she’s cold and uncaring. Yeah, she’s like that most of the time, but it was always in a joking manner.

 

She always responds when I talk to her. Scratch that, she doesn’t.

 

However, something is up today.

 

Next time you play with a girls’ heart, try to make sure that that girl isn’t me

 

What the heck was that about?! Is she implying that I’m playing with her heart?!

 

Of course. Stupid me.

 

I, Jung Daehyun, never had and never will play a girls heart. I saw how my mom was heartbroken when my dad left her. She was broken beyond repair, abandoned and lost. I didn’t want to see that painful look in any girls face.

 

However, this moody puppy thinks I’m playing with her heart?! I don’t even know how to get a girl! Well, I did have one girlfriend, but that was just pure luck.

 

To get the facts straight, I’ll say it right now.

 

I like Kim Namjoo

 

You’re waiting for me to say something like “I’m joking!” or “Psych!”

 

Truth to be told, I’ll never say that. Yes, I like Kim Namjoo. No, I don’t think it’s a good idea.

 

The BABYs will KILL her if they found out that we have a relationship. I finally understand the song ‘Secret Love’. I just wished it didn’t exist in this world.

 

I stared at the back figure of Namjoo as she worked hard for the pancakes. I smiled at her back, knowing she couldn’t see it. I hoped she felt it though. She turned around, and my cold expression went back.

 

She glanced at me for a second before going to the living room to find the rest of B.A.P.

 

I sighed and decided to change first.

 

It has a double meaning of course. I’ll change my clothes.

 

Plus I’ll change for Namjoo.

 

I learned that pushing someone you like away is harder than letting someone into your life. Plus, it makes you happier if you have that special someone. I raised my fist high and smiled to myself as I passed the living room quickly, dashing in Youngjae and my room.

 

Kim Namjoo, be ready.

 

~

 

“Hyung! I want ice cream!”

 

“No!”

 

“Please?”

 

“No”

 

“PLEASE?!”

 

“Fine”

 

“REALLY?!”

 

“Heck no!” Yongguk replied to Zelo, as the maknae pouted and whined to Himchan. We were in the van, speeding towards TS Ent. B.A.P’s manager wanted to talk to us about something, and it includes me. I was curious on why their manager wants to talk to me.

 

“Namjoo, seat beside me~” Daehyun cooed, flashing his brilliant smile. Even though I basically detested him now, my heart still fluttered. I could feel a blush rising to my cheeks as I tried to keep it down.

 

“No,” I answered him confidently, seating firmly in between Youngjae and Jongup, who laughed at our childish acts.

 

“Please, princess? Can you sit with me?” Daehyun asked, pouting so cutely that I almost said yes. Almost.

 

“No, and-“ I felt a hand enclose around my wrist as Daehyun yanked me beside him. He smiled and slung an arm around me. I removed it quickly, turning red. Youngjae and Jongup were shaking with laughter at my uncomfortable state.

 

Really, am I just a source of entertainment to those kids?!

 

“Ah, don’t be like that jagiya, it hurts.” Daehyun put a hand over his chest and frowned at me sadly. I couldn’t hold in my laughter as I smiled at him. He noticed me smiling, and leaned in.

 

My eyes widened as his face was just inches from mine.

 

Namjoo, get your act together and-

 

“I have a question for you,” Daehyun said quietly, going nearer. I gulped and tried to move away when Daehyun held the back of my head, gently pushing me closer to his face.

 

“W-what?” I stuttered, hoping he’d stop hypnotizing me. I swear, those chocolate brown eyes could entrance me any time they wanted.

 

Daehyun leaned closer as I closed my eyes. Hey, I don’t want my eyes to cross.

 

“DO YOU WANT TO EAT?!” Daehyun suddenly demanded, making me jump. I glared at him and started punching him in the chest as he hugged me, receiving all the punches.

 

 

Daehyun’s P.O.V

 

I let her punch my chest, since her punches were weak to me. I laughed a bit before hugging her tighter. My heart skipped a beat as I realized I was holding someone I really cherished.

 

Zelo looked at me curiously as Yongguk nodded knowingly.

 

“Guys, look! IT’S GIRLS GENERATION!” Himchan shouted, making the heads of B.A.P and even the driver, turn.

 

I took the chance and swiftly pecked Namjoo’s forehead. I her hair, smiling softly. Her punches stopped as I let her go a bit, so that I can see her beautiful face.

 

“Y-Yah! Will you stop playing with me?!” She demanded again, looking at me coldly as I flashed again yet another sweet smile. She’ll never know how her words don’t hurt me. She just doesn’t accept her feelings yet. Trust me; I was so scared at first. However, a little birdie told me that pushing your feelings away is harder than accepting them.

 

I stared at Namjoo’s side profile, my grin growing wider.

 

I’ll wait for you Namjoo. I’ll wait for you to accept your feelings, and then, I’ll wait for you to accept mine.

 

“Jagiya~!” I cooed again, slinging an arm around her shoulder. She didn’t pull away again, but she didn’t notice me. That was fine by me. As long as she was in my arms and no one else’s, I’m happy. Too happy, if I may add.

 

Himchan sent me a wink as I rolled my eyes at my hyung.

 

Again, I stared at the girl beside me.

 

“Kim Namjoo, what are you doing to me?” I asked softly, smiling again for the millionth time today.
 

 


A/N: Did you guys like it? I hope you did! How about the surprise? Daehyun finally accepted his feelings for Namjoo ^^ From now, there will be more sweet and caring Daehyun. I hope you guys will like that! ^^

Thanks again who commented and subscribed! I LOVE YOU ALL!

Oh, and:

Yeobo: Honey/Darling

Jagiya: Sweetie