Awkward Turtle Strikes Again

Aish! That Jung Daehyun!

 

“NO! NO! NO! NO MERCY!” B.A.P sang in harmony as I smiled.

 

We were in the recording studio, recording B.A.P’s No Mercy. They personally requested to record it again so that they can see how much their vocals have improved since the last time they recorded.

 

I stood outside the recording room, but I can still see them through the glass window. I could also hear them since there were speakers outside the room. They were singing their hearts out, which made me proud.

 

I smiled subconsciously as I heard Daehyun hitting high notes. That boy hits high notes as if he was just tying his shoes. Daehyun ended the last note, and then applause broke out in the studio.

 

I clapped also, grinning happily. B.A.P really was different from other groups.

 

They bowed to the administrator who managed them in there before exiting the studio with wide smiles.

 

“Did you hear me hyung? I rapped great!”

 

“My ‘boom, boom, clap ‘ was definitely perfect,”

 

“CHRIS BROWN!” Jongup shouted happily as he started dancing. I chuckled at how they can range from professionals to immature kids.

 

“Did you like the recording?” Ice Prince asked as he stood by me, examining the members that were busy praising each other for their hard work.

 

“They all did great. Well, except you,”

 

“Oh shut up,” Daehyun snapped, making me laugh a bit. This action was not unnoticed by the members.

 

“Looks like those two are finally becoming friends,”

 

“DAEJOO FOR THE WIN!”

 

“Shut up Zelo!” I and Daehyun chorused, causing the maknae to shut up quickly.

 

“Go buy us something to eat, lovebirds. We’re going to starve here,” Himchan ordered. I shrugged and got my jacket from the seats and headed out the door. I heard the Ice Prince follow from behind me.

 

We finally exited the TS Entertainment building.

 

“So, do you know a nearby supermarket?” I asked Daehyun, pumping myself up. Daehyun shook his head slightly and stared around blankly, as if waiting for food to walk up to him.

 

I groaned and glared at him half-heartedly.

 

“You worked here for so long yet you don’t know where the supermarket is?! Are you that ignorant?! I thought you loved food!” I asked harshly, stomping my foot in frustration. He glared at me as I glared back.

 

“I love food. I’m just not fond of buying it,” He retorted back icily. He started walking in one direction as I followed. Stupid Ice Prince.

 

We walked in silence for a few minutes, as I continued fuming. He constantly thought everything was going to come to him easily. I know he works hard. It’s just sometimes, he expects from people too much to forget that their human too.

 

Insufferable idiot.

 

 

“Are you mad?” I heard him ask. I didn’t even bother to look up. I continued walking, my footsteps becoming louder.

 

Finally, Daehyun took a hold of my shoulders and faced me to him. I wore an emotionless expression as he stared back. Somehow, those brown eyes made my heart beat faster than it normally should.

 

We stayed liked that until I took the initiative to talk.

 

“You are a confusing one, aren’t you?” I asked. Daehyun released his hold on my shoulders, and then started walking again. I walked beside him, getting closer with every step.

 

My plan was to make him uncomfortable. It had the opposite effect.

 

He slung his arm around my shoulder as I ducked, trying to avoid that arm. I distanced myself five feet away from him.

 

He stopped walking, long enough to laugh at me.

 

“YAH! You’re so mean!” I yelled at him. Daehyun continued to laugh as I resisted the urge to put him in a hospital bed.

 

 

 

~

 

 

“Do you want anything?” Ice Prince asked as we browsed through the sweets. Daehyun bought a chocolate cake with lots of sprinkles, since I suggested it. I shook my head as we headed to the counter.

 

I glanced once more at the cupcake I have been admiring awhile ago. It was a simple vanilla cupcake with little hearts decorated around it. It was simple, yet beautiful and elegant at the same time.

 

I sighed and told Daehyun that I’ll wait for him outside.

 

 

~

 

 

“Yah! You’re back! I thought you got lost!” Youngjae exclaimed happily, chuckling at our expressions. We were both tired from running, since Yongguk called us and told us to hurry up unless we wanted to do a hundred push ups.

 

I leaned on the wall, panting a bit. Daehyun held the side of his stomach as the members got out the cake from the bag.  They started eating it with their forks that were already ready.

 

“And you would think those guys would say thank you,” I heard Daehyun mutter as he passed by me, sitting on the chair and closing his eyes. I smiled at him before getting the empty bag from the floor.

 

Well, I thought it was empty.

 

I peeked in to see a small, red box. I got the red box out and curiously opened it up. I gasped as I saw the vanilla cupcake I was admiring at the shop. Daehyun probably bought it when I offered to wait outside the shop.

 

Nah.

 

Still, it fits. Daehyun bought it, and that’s the only logical explanation. Well, maybe not the only logical explanation, but I couldn’t think of anymore now. I picked up the cupcake and examined it.

 

As I did, the box fell on the floor. Something fell out of the box. I hurriedly got the note that fell out of the box and opened it up.

 

 

Don’t frown! I don’t like it when you frown. Your smile vanishes, and the whole world goes dark. Well, at least my world goes dark. But even when it’s dark, the stars still come out to shine and provide light. Sometimes, even at times of anger and misunderstanding, the ones that shine brightly are the ones who strive for happiness the most. Kim Namjoo, you’re one heck of a star. At least, to me.

 

I glanced at the already sleeping Daehyun. Was it really him who wrote this? Was he also the one who wrote a note like this before?

 

I noticed Daehyun shivering a bit as the air condition blew past him. I stood up quietly and made my way over to him. Even the Ice Prince gets chills once in awhile.

 

I took off my jacket and placed it over him. His usual worried expression was replaced by a peaceful one. I grinned a bit.

 

“You really are something, you awkward turtle.” 

 


 

A/N: Double update! I kind of owe it since I haven't posted for days because of my computer. Anyways, I hoped you liked it! Thank you for stil reading! 

I LOVE YOU! 

Daehyun says it too :3