Daehyun Pabo

Aish! That Jung Daehyun!

 

“Zelo-ah, what are we going to do about Daehyun?” I asked Zelo worriedly as I kept my eyes on Daehyun who was now dancing SNSD’s Gee. It was too scary to be funny.

 

“There’s nothing we can do. If we bring him to the doctor, they might ask questions. Questions that when answered leads to trouble.” Zelo said wisely as we both followed Daehyun inside the dorm.

 

Daehyun unlocked the door with his spare key and pranced inside, still humming SNSD’s Gee. I looked at Zelo worriedly before going inside the dorm myself, followed by Zelo.

 

The guys and Minhwa were all watching Music Bank. B.A.P didn’t perform on Music Bank today, so they can watch the performances. NU’EST was on, dancing and singing their song, “Action”.

 

“Good evening oppa” I greeted, smiling nervously. Yongguk tore his eyes away from the TV to see me standing beside Zelo. His face broke into a grin as he helped me with the suitcase that was in my hand.

 

“Evening Namjoo. Where’s Daehyun?” Himchan asked anxiously, looking behind us. I gulped and pointed towards Daehyun who was dancing another girl group song. This time, it was Secret’s “Shy Boy”. Worst part? He was dancing and singing the chorus.

 

“Daehyun!” Youngjae said in shock as he stood up from the couch, staring at his group mate. I put my head in my hands.

 

“Er, Zelo accidentally hit Daehyun with my sword at home, and Daehyun oppa is now dancing like that since the sword contained some kind of poison that can change your personality.” I explained sadly.

 

Jongup glanced at me with an annoyed expression. “Why would you even have a sword in the first place?” Jongup asked irritated. I was about to retort when Daehyun let out a scream.

 

“Ah! Youngjae looks so cute!” Daehyun exclaimed as he pinched Youngjae’s cheeks. Youngjae blushed and tried to push Daehyun away as Daehyun giggled. I knew it. DaeJae is real.

 

“Is there a cure?” Himchan asked as he held in his laughter. Daehyun was doing SISTAR’s “Loving U” choreo.

 

“No. But it will pass after an hour.” I assured them. Yongguk took a deep breathe to calm himself. “I’m really sorry” I apologized, realizing that I did something that was not unforgivable, but hard to accept.

 

“It’s okay Namjoo; it’s not your fault. And you said it will pass right? So calm down. We’re not mad at you. Actually, I think I’m going to get my video cam. Can’t miss out a chance on blackmailing Daehyunnie with this.” Youngjae smiled warmly before going to his room and bringing out his video cam.

 

“Yes, but she shouldn’t be forgiven that easily. What if that poison might have some side effects? What if Dae hyung is like this forever?” Jongup asked everyone, the temperature reaching a boiling point.

 

“Hey, I apologized alright? I’m sorry that Daehyun is like this now. But I assure you, this will pass. I know the feeling.” I snapped at Jongup. He was being a bit too harsh on me right now. What does he want, for me to get poisoned too?

 

“Whatever.” Jongup rolled his eyes before bumping shoulders with me, going to his room and locking the door. “Jongupie is usually not like this. He’s usually bubbly and smiling. Something’s wrong.” Zelo said suspiciously.

 

Zelo followed Jongup in his room. Youngjae disappeared in his room, followed by Yongguk and Himchan. I was left with the dancing Daehyun.

 

I rubbed my temple and collapsed on the couch. “Daehyun, please settle down. It’s already late.” I told him firmly. Daehyun pouted but sat beside me on the couch.

 

He saw the look on my face. “Namu, is something wrong?” Daehyun asked softly. I looked up to see Daehyun’s brown eyes trailed on mine.

 

“I’m just tired Daehyun. I’m going to bed.” I muttered, standing up. I was about to go to my own room when I felt a hand on my wrist. I looked up to see Daehyun fearful.

 

“What’s happening to me Namjoo?” Daehyun asked, his voice turning small and fearful. I felt tears in my eyes as I sat back down slowly. Another side effect. The poison makes you see things. Scary things that you never want to see.

 

“Daehyun, I’m so sorry,” I whispered, looking at Daehyun with sincere eyes. I hoped he didn’t suffer that much. And this was all because of me.

 

“Namjoo… have you ever had a boyfriend?” Daehyun suddenly asked, looking at me innocently. “No. Why would you ask that?” I blushed deep red and looked down. It was the truth. I never had a boyfriend, and I wasn’t planning on having one so soon.

 

“I hope you’re okay Namjoo. And don’t worry, everything will be fine.” Daehyun smiled and patted me on my shoulder before going to his room. I sighed as I went to my own room.

 

I washed up and changed into my pajamas. Minhwa was playing on her iPad when she looked up at me. I was about to go out of the room when her question stopped me.

 

“Do you like Daehyun?” Minhwa asked curiously. I turned to her.

 

“Me? Like Daehyun? As if,” I scoffed, rolling my eyes. I couldn’t ignore the blush that crept up on my cheeks. Minhwa puffed out her cheeks and raised an eyebrow.

 

“I know you, Namjoo. Even if we’re not that close. But I know when you like someone. It’s in your eyes,” Minhwa commented, going back to her iPad. I sighed and continued out the door.

 

I dragged my blanket and phone to the couch. Another little fact about me. When I feel guilty about something, I tend to punish myself. Instead of sleeping in the warm room with Minhwa, I decided to sleep in the couch in the cold living room.

 

I plopped on the couch and set my alarm clock at 1am. Oh, another fact. I can’t sleep that much when I’m guilty about something. I force myself not to. I checked the wall clock to my right to see that it’s already 12am.

 

I will only have an hour of sleep. I shrugged and made myself comfortable on the couch. I deserved it anyway. I drifted off to sleep.

 

 

Daehyun’s P.O.V

 

Aish, my head hurts. I rubbed my temple as I looked around. I was in my room with the sleeping Youngjae beside me on the other bed. I tried to remember what had happened.

 

I remember Namjoo patching me up in her house. And then now I’m here. I stood up experimentally, checking to see if I would faint or collapse. As soon as I knew that my legs were stable, I shuffled slowly out the room.

 

The living room was dark except for the lamp light. I glanced at the couch to see a sleeping face peeking out of the blanket. It was Namjoo.

 

I stared at her incredulously. Was she insane?! Instead of sleeping on a bed, she sleeps on the couch. I rolled my eyes at her foolishness as I went over to her. I crouched down so that I was eye level with this girl.

 

She looked more peaceful when she’s asleep. Whenever she’s awake, she always had that thinking face on. But now, while sleeping, she looked at peace and vulnerable.

 

Before you get any dirty thoughts, I’m not going to take advantage of her.

 

Should I carry her to her room or let her sleep on the couch?  I thought of a plan that would not hurt my pride. The great Jung Daehyun does not like carrying people.

 

The best solution that presented itself was delusional, but it gave me what I wanted. It didn’t hurt my pride, yet questions would arise. I shrugged. It’s not like it could hurt me forever.

 

I grabbed my blanket from my room and went back to the couch. The couch was big enough for two people to sleep on. I pushed Namjoo carefully near the back rest of the couch so I can sleep beside her. She might fall on the floor if she tries to toss and turn.

 

I fixed both blankets so that two of us had warmth. I slept on my right side and stared at the sleeping face of Namjoo. I was smart enough to figure out her motive.

 

She’s guilty about something and decided to punish herself by sleeping here. That something must’ve troubled her a lot. Out of the blue, I vowed that I would not trouble her for real. I would irritate her, but I won’t say anything offensive.

 

She suddenly wrinkled her nose and muttered something that sounded like “stupid sword”.

I chuckled and tucked a strand of brown hair behind her ear. Tell me that I’m crazy, because I already am. We haven’t spent a month together, yet I’m doing this. If you ask why, I would not be able to give you a straight answer.

 

“You Namjoo, how are you making your way into my cold heart?” I asked subconsciously. I clapped my hands on my mouth, thinking that she might hear. Yet she let out an even breathe and continued sleeping.

 

I sighed in relief and closed my eyes.

 

“Daehyun pabo,” I muttered before slipping into dreamland. 

 

 


A/N: Here's Chap 9! Hoped you liked it and leave a comment! :)

 

 

nikast1: Updated! ^_^

Angelika5378 : Thank you! And yeah, Nam should really have a camera XD

koolkitty55: I hope you keep reading! And thank you so much! :')

 

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS! It honestly brings a smile upon my face :)

THANK YOU 17 SUBSCRIBERS! :D