It's Sulli, pretty boy. Not Sushi. + Hiking and New Beginnings

Aish! That Jung Daehyun!

 

“YO MEDUSA!”

 

I gritted my teeth as I turned around reluctantly, immediately shooting daggers at my partner.

 

At once, I knew he was a loving, caring and kindhearted partner.

 

Now list out all the antonyms of the words I have just said.

 

That’s my opinion of my partner.

 

Jonghwan squared his shoulders and grinned mischievously at me, strutting towards the place where I stood. I didn’t even bother to move, knowing he could catch me if I tried to run.

 

Sure, I’m good a running, but this guy had longer legs and arms. He could capture me in one unbreakable hug.

 

Which was just dandy to me.

 

“So, we’re finally partners,” Jonghwan commented, still grinning as I rolled my eyes at him.

 

“Yeah, congratulations,” I responded sarcastically. Jonghwan raised his eyebrows but didn’t say no more.

 

Which was good or his health.

 

“Alright, everyone found their partners?” L.Joe asked from on top of the stage.

 

“Unfortunately,” I muttered as the crowd cheered in excitement.

 

“Now, at the back of your paper is a list of things you need to find. The first duo that finds the most of the things on the list will win the grand prize!” L.Joe announced loudly, the crowd anticipating for the prize.

 

“The duo that has most of the things on the list will visit America and stay there for three whole days!” The crowd went nuts when L.Joe mentioned America. I myself went giddy at the thought of me and Daehyun visiting the California beaches, visiting the Madison Square Garden or even just watching the starry sky at night.

 

Then reality brought me back to earth, my smile replaced with a scowl.

 

If I win, that means I have to go with my arch nemesis to America instead of Daehyun.

 

Jonghwan probably figured out what would happen if we both won because he turned to me with a stern look.

 

“Look, do you want to go to America with me?”
 

“Hell no,” I replied automatically.

 

“Then if we collect all the things in the list, we won’t turn them in and get the prize right?” Jonghwan widened his eyes at me as I caught his drift.

 

We would purposefully lose if we find all the items on the list.

 

“Correct,” I told him as he nodded in confirmation. We looked around, taking in our surroundings as I tried to find Daehyun.

 

“Trying to spot your boyfriend?” Jonghwan asked as I jumped, surprised he could talk.

 

Nah, I’m joking.

 

“Yeah, have you seen him?” I asked him worriedly, biting my lip.

 

“With that height of yours, it’s a miracle you even tried to look,”

 

“Oh, shut up and tell me where he is,”

 

“Over there, Princess Pushy.” Jonghwan pointed at the blond-headed figure talking to a short and petite girl who had long and black wavy hair, wearing a loose sweater and white leggings. She had a small, but cute face and she kept on smiling whenever Daehyun talked.

 

“I guess you’re up against Sushi from f(x),” Jonghwan joked, poking my sides. I swatted his arms away irritably, glaring at the couple.

 

“It’s Sulli, idiot. Not Sushi. Come on, we have to confront them,” I added hastily, grabbing Jonghwan’s arm and hauling him towards Daehyun and Sulli.

 

Sulli stopped talking as she saw me. She waved and smiled as I grinned back.

 

“What’s up, Dae?” I asked conversationally as I shoved Jonghwan in front of me. Jonghwan dusted his shoulders off, rolling his eyes at my behavior. He stood beside Sulli.

 

“Nothing really, just chatting with my partner here. Do you have any idea when the hiking starts?” Daehyun asked innocently. I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders.

 

“Oh, it starts in ten minutes Daehyun oppa. That’s what I wanted to tell earlier when they came,” Sulli said softly, smiling angelically at me and Jonghwan.

 

I think Jonghwan sensed the danger, because he went behind me and firmly held my shoulders with two hands.

 

“Well, we’ll be off to our starting point. Bye!” Daehyun waved as he and Sulli jogged away from us.

 

“I love you!” I shouted, hoping that would catch Daehyun’s attention.

 

Sadly, it didn’t because he was too far away to hear it.

 

“You should really stop being jealous. He won’t cheat on you,” Jonghwan conceded, falling into step beside me as I lead the both of us towards are staring point. I shrugged helplessly and stared at the ground sadly.

 

“It’s not my fault there are people who are more amazing and talented than me,” I mumbled dejectedly, not really caring if Jonghwan laughed at me now.

 

Ack, I hate being jealous.

 

“Yeah, it really isn’t your fault,”

 

“One more word and I’ll send you straight to Tartarus,” I growled, Jonghwan laughing at my slight change of attitude.

 

“And that’s why I like you,” Jonghwan replied, ruffling up my hair.

 

Okayyy, I’ll let that comment slide for now.

 

“ON MY MARKS!”

 

“IT’S ‘ON YOUR MARKS’ NOT ‘ON MY MARKS’!”

 

“SHUT UP! So, ON MY MARK! GET SET! GO!” L.Joe’s booming voice awoke something inside me.

 

And that was the inner Road Runner of Kim Namjoo.

 

I stuffed the paper in my pocket hastily as I ran awkwardly in the woods.

 

It was awkward, because I was half hopping and half running because of my right foot.

 

“Yah, wait up!”

 

“Run faster!” I encouraged as I hopped faster, away from the camp.

 

My energy eventually drained out as I stopped and leaned on a tree, catching my breathe. Jonghwan appeared beside me, panting and on his knees.

 

“This is not the Olympics Namu, so chill,” he managed to say as I rolled my eyes at his comment. I stood up and looked over my shoulder to see Jonghwan upright, but still panting a little.

 

“Come on, we have to find-“ I rummaged through my pocket and got out the paper that was crumpled and smoothed it out, “A purple ribbon,” I finished, starting to walk immediately.

 

“Namjoo,”

 

“What?”

 

“There’s a snake on your head,”

 

“YAH! JO JONGHWAN!” I screamed as I jumped up and down swatting the air with my arms and closing my eyes. I was afraid that Sally the Sneaky Snake might bite my hands.

 

I heard Jonghwan’s laughter, which caused me to stop dancing the infamous ‘Rain Dance’ and glare at him.

 

“You should have since your face! You really fell for this one!” Jonghwan exclaimed, laughing hard and falling on the ground. I chuckled a little bit, instead of getting angry. There was this childish vibe around him that didn’t make me want to rip him to shreds.

 

“Let’s go before I really kill you,”

 

“Yes ma’am!” Jonghwan saluted me before leading the way into the thick woods.

 

~.~

 

“JUST GIVE ME THE YELLOW RIBBON! JUST THAT RIBBON! JUST-“

 

“Can you stop using the word ‘just’? And quiet down will you? You’ll scare the animals away,” I snapped at Jonghwan who glowered at me.

 

So far, after hiking for almost the whole day, we found five of the ribbons that were on the list.

 

We only need one yellow ribbon, and then we can rest.

 

Due to our competitive nature, we decided we wouldn’t rest until we found all the ribbons.

 

I broke that rule first.

 

“Can we take a break first? I feel as if I’m going to die,”

 

“Really?! Then let’s keep on hiking!” Jonghwan exclaimed enthusiastically as I glared at him. He chuckled and nodded as I quickly found a spot to sit on, which was a log. I rubbed my sore legs and groaned.

 

“Where do you suspect the ribbon is?” Jonghwan asked curiously as I shrugged, not really knowing where.

 

“Could be anywhere. But, we’re not going to win right?” I asked him as he shook his head, staring up into the sky.

 

It was getting darker, since it’s already around five o’clock in the afternoon.

 

“We should probably get back, tell them we couldn’t find the damn yellow ribbon,” Jonghwan concluded, standing up and brushing his pants.

 

I opened my mouth to protest, but he beat me to it,

 

“Everyone’s probably still finding, so don’t worry about looking ashamed you haven’t found everything, alright?” Jonghwan gave me a stern look as I huffed and stood up too, patting my pants.

 

Jonghwan started to walk away as I followed, but immediately stopped when pain shot through my right foot.

 

So now my foot aches? When I’m stuck in the forest with Hades?

 

“Hey, you alright over there?” Jonghwan asked anxiously as I nodded weakly. He went over to me and examined my foot.

 

“It’s hurting again?” He asked again as I nodded.

 

“Climb on my back,” Jonghwan instructed quickly, crouching down and waiting for me to hop on his back.

 

I stared at him weirdly for a moment, and he probably got what I was thinking because he turned to me with an amused smile playing on his lips.

 

“I’m not going to take advantage of you Namjoo,”

 

“Sounds like something you would do,”

 

“Dude,” Jonghwan complained, raising his eyebrows in disbelief. I chuckled and waved my hand, making him crouch.

 

I climbed on his back and he adjusted me right so that he and I were both comfortable.

 

I was feeling far from comfortable.

 

“So, how’s the weather?” I asked casually as Jonghwan hiked through the woods. He laughed loudly, the sound echoing.

 

“Really? Are we that distant to each other?” Jonghwan asked jokingly.

 

“But you hate me,” I said, as if it solved everything.

 

“Before, I really did. You were cocky, arrogant and you thought you were some badas-“

 

“No cursing!”

 

“Fne! Bad girl who can kick whenever she wanted. But, when I dropped out of high school and pursued my singing career, I realized holding a grudge was pointless. I’d rather start again with you than bring back the hatred I had for you when we were in junior high school.” I stared at him in awe, blinking in astonishment.

 

“Wow dude, that’s deep.” Jonghwan’s lips broke into a grin as I chuckled.

 

Maybe he’s right. Holding a grudge was far too hard anyways.

 

“I’m Kim Namjoo, and you are?” I asked in a British accent as Jonghwan laughed cheerfully.

 

“I’m Jo Jonghwan, please to meet you beautiful,”

 

“Right back at you,” I retorted, smiling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m not beautiful,”

 

“Oh shut up,” I told him before laying my head on his shoulder and closing my eyes. 


I hoped you guys liked this chapter! Sorry if it's not that good :\

Thank you for subscribing! 

First time posting a chapter this early :D