Christmas Eve Winners and Missing Unicorn

Aish! That Jung Daehyun!

 

 

“Thirty minutes till Christmas everyone!” Daesung announced as the crowd cheered, somewhat lazily. Maybe it’s because we were tired from all the partying.

 

Yes, we were still awake and it was currently eleven 11:30 at night. Everyone refused to sleep, wanting to stay up until Christmas day.

 

Everyone was either sitting on the soft grass and chatting amongst each other, others were visiting the shops to find something to it, or doing mini games to keep themselves entertained.

 

We were part of the mini game group. The cameras were still rolling, catching every move an idol did. Around five cameras surrounded us, but we were not nervous. We were having the time of our lives.

 

We were playing the ‘Cham Cham Cham’ game, and the undefeated champion was Kim Himchan, which was not that surprising.

 

“Cham Cham Cham!” Himchan squealed in happiness when Yongguk followed the direction of his hand. He quickly got the hammer and slammed it down on his head as hard as he could. He didn’t even give Yongguk time to grab the pot to protect himself.

 

“Ooo hyung, you better run!” Zelo advised loudly, Himchan taking it immediately for he stood up and dashed off somewhere, Yongguk right on his heels.

 

“Okayyy, while we’re waiting for those two lovebirds to come back, let’s play another game!” Youngjae suggested as we all nodded. Daehyun’s arms tightened around me as I smiled happily.

 

I sat crossed-legged between his knees as he folded them up so he could trap me in between them. A blanket was covering me, because the turtle insisted. He pestered me non-stop and it came to point where he almost wrapped me in the blanket like sushi. I gave in though, just to make him happy.

 

He laid his chin on my head casually as I blinked at the giddy Youngjae.

 

I rarely see him giddy, and I wished I had a camera now.

 

“May we have an apple please?” Jongup asked the camera crew politely. The cameraman handed Jongup a green apple which he took gratefully.

 

“So, who first?” Jongup asked excitedly, tossing the apple up and down, waiting for the first two people.

 

“I suggest Youngjae hyung and Namu noona. They’re pretty awkward together when I see them together. Hyung! I suggest we lock them in one room and see what happens!”

 

“Not in a billion years, maknae,” Daehyun argued, Zelo rolling his eyes at his overprotective hyung. I stared incredulously at Youngjae as he stared back.

 

It wouldn’t hurt to try right? And it was Christmas Eve after all, shouldn’t we all get together normally?
 

“I’m up for it, you?” Youngjae asked me, standing up and looking at me expectantly.

 

“I am too. Are you up for it Daehyun?”

 

“Hell no,”

 

“Then come on!” I exclaimed happily, removing the blanket off me and standing up hurriedly so that Daehyun wouldn’t pull me back to him. Jongup tossed Youngjae the apple and Youngjae caught it one-handed.

 

He motioned me to come nearer, and I did. He placed the apple in between my forehead and his as Jongup whistled to start.

 

Youngjae started rolling the apple off my face, and it landed on my right side of my neck. I leaned to my left so that Youngjae can have better access to the apple that was now rolling down my shoulder to my chest.

 

I clutched Youngjae’s shoulder as Youngjae’s hands tightened around my waist.

 

Yah! This is not what it looks like! I’m not going to cheat on Daehyun with Youngjae, alright?
 

But by the rate Youngjae is going down my chest-

 

I’m kidding.

 

“YAH! That chest belongs to me!” Daehyun protested, grabbing my shoulders and yanking me backwards, the apple making a loud thud as it fell on the floor.

 

“We were just getting in the mood!” Youngjae protested, stomping his feet and pouting.

 

“And excuse me Mr. Everything’s Mine, this chest is not yours.” Daehyun blushed and immediately looked down, shuffling his feet.

 

“It’s just… I was jealous when Youngjae got to do that with you, but we didn’t reach that level of our relationship yet,” Daehyun murmured shyly, biting his lip. My scowl turned into a gentle smile.

 

Aww.

 

I leaned over and hugged him around the waist, pecking his cheek affectionately.

 

“Don’t worry, we’re near that level,” I whispered, winking. Daehyun brightened.

 

“Really?! Omo, I need to prepare-“

 

“I’m joking, Dae,” I interrupted him as he pouted sadly. I chuckled and hugged him tighter.

 

“Aish, all these lovey dovey stuff is making me sick-“

 

“5 MINUTES TILL CHRISTMAS TIME!” Seungri announced, the crowd scrambling up on their feet to start the countdown.

 

I saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol dash off from the near convenience store, holding water guns. I immediately became alert. I whipped out my phone and started sending a text to Himchan and Yongguk, who were probably together.

 

“Who are you texting jagiya?” Daehyun asked curiously, peering from behind me. I slipped my phone inside my pocket and smiled mischievously at the confused turtle.

 

“I know that smile of yours. What are you planning?” Daehyun asked, eyeing me suspiciously. I shrugged and tried not to look too guilty.

 

“Nam-“

 

“10! 9! 8!” CL started the countdown from the stage. Himchan and Yongguk got back at the right time as we all huddled in a circle, our happy faces facing each other. We were all united at one place, around idols who are also happy Christmas is in ten seconds.

 

“7! 6! 5!”

 

“Himchan, Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup and Zelo…I’m very thankful and proud that I made an everlasting friendship with all of you. I couldn’t see my future without Himchan’s greasiness, Youngjae’s witty remarks, Daehyun’s craving for food, Jongup’s bright smile and Zelo’s playful personality. And now, we have a new edition to our big family.”

 

Yongguk turned to me with a sweet smile on his lips.

 

“I’m so happy I met you, Namjoo. You helped us stay grounded, and you gave us all laughs and smiles. I couldn’t imagine B.A.P without you now. I’m glad you didn’t protest that much when we kidnapped you,” we all laughed at Yongguk.

 

“4! 3! 2!”

 

“SARANGHAEYO B.A.P!” We all shouted in unison.

 

“1!” The rest of the Idol Camp population yelled, fireworks going off at the same time.

 

“WHOO! Merry Christmas everyone!” Dara said brightly, smiling at all of us.

 

“GROUP HUG!” Himchan yelled amongst the loud firework sounds. Jongup pulled me in the middle as they all hugged me. I laughed along with Zelo, who was enjoying the group hug.

 

“Ah, I can’t believe its Christmas. After another five days, New Year will come,” Youngjae thoughtfully blurted as the group hug ceased.

 

“Now, we will announce the Best Rookie Award! After that, the Artist of the Year. The Best Rookie Award goes to-“ L.Joe opened the card that was given to him by the camera crew.

 

"And the Best Rookie Award goes to............EXO! Congratulations EXO!" The idols cheered as EXO happily hopped on the stage, smiling and waving at the fans. Kris and Suho teared up as Kai did a dance to celebrate. 

 

 

"Thank you so much for this opportunity. I would like to thank our manager, our families, our fans-" Chen nudged Kris on the side, telling him to stop talking. Kris looked at Chen blankly as Chen sighed and nodded his head at his right.

 

 

Kris locked eyes with B.A.P who were staring sadly at EXO. Zelo's shoulders were shaking as he leaned on Jongup for support. For once, Himchan wasn't flirting or smiling. Yongguk didn't meet anyone's eye as he turned his back on the group, his figure slightly shaking. Youngjae was staring gravely at EXO, as if he knew already the outcome.

 

Daehyun was sobbing freely, leaning on Youngjae for support. Kris watched the group release their frustration and sadness. All those months of promoting non-stop, all those weeks of practicing, all were not enough to bag the "Best Rookie Award”.

 

 

Kris sighed as he saw me. I looked away, not able to reach his eyes. All the euphoria we felt when it was Christmas time disappeared as EXO went up the stage to receive the award.

 

Kris hesitated as he stared at the trophy. It was just a piece of metal. The trophy didn't really determine if you're going to fail or not. 

 

"Kris? Are you alright?" Suho asked worriedly, placing a firm hand on Kris' shoulder. Kris nodded and raised the microphone to his lips again. 

"I would like to thank everyone who participated and voted for us, also we want to thank the judges. Most of all, we would like to thank the fans. Without them, we wouldn't be standing on this stage right now and receiving this awesome award." Kris took a deep breathe and continued.

 

 

"But... EXO is not only the hard working artist here. All of the idols are hardworking, and I think it's fair if the award is shared." Kris looked at Suho cautiously. I stared incredulously at Kris and Suho.

 

Are they really going to do what I think they will do?!

 

 

Suho smiled and nodded, raising his own microphone to his lips. 

 

 

"I agree with Kris. There's another group in this area that deserves this award. Come on up here B.A.P!" Suho announced as Yongguk turned around, shocked. Himchan was the first to recover. A wide smile was plastered on his lips as he led the members away from me and onto the stage. B.A.P bowed several times at the audience, and they bowed 90 degrees to EXO who bowed back.

 

 

I clapped along with the idols, smiling big. EXO wasn’t so bad after all.

 

 

"B.A.P has worked hard to stand on where they stand now. They're outstanding rookies, and I know they deserve this award." Kris smiled at the audience and then smiled at Yongguk.

 

Yongguk's tears flowed freely as he bowed at Kris with deep respect.

 

 

"It's your award, we can't simply take it-"

 

 

"You're not taking it. We're going to share it. You guys worked so hard, and I can honestly say that the whole of EXO agrees. Right guys?" Xiumin asked everyone. Lay opened his mouth but Sehun and Kai covered his mouth.

 

 

"Are you sure? Wouldn't your fans and manager get mad?" Daehyun asked Kris worriedly. Suho looked at the audience once and shrugged.

 

 

"We're not really worried about that, as long as this award is distributed fairly," Kai said with such confidence, Zelo stopped crying.

 

 

"Thank you!" B.A.P said in unison, bowing again.

 

 

"Dudes, it's alright. No need to bow, you guys look like ostriches." D.O chuckled, shaking his head.

 

 

"WE ARE ONE! WE ARE EXO!"

 

 

"WE ARE B! A.P! YES SIR!"

 

 

"AND WE'RE THE POWER ROOKIES OF 2012!" EXO and B.A.P shouted in unison, the crowd giving a standing ovation. Music played, and it was a remix of 'Power' and 'MAMA'. 

 

I shouted encouraging words to EXO and B.A.P who were dancing and laughing on stage.

 

“Wow! That was…so selfless guys! I couldn’t believe EXO had it in them to share the award,” L.Joe said appreciatively as I smiled at the two groups on stage. I smiled wider when I realized Luhan and Himchan were talking animatedly.

 

“Next! The Artist of the Year Award goes to!” L.Joe opened another card and his eyes bulged. I gulped, afraid of what he had seen.

 

“Well, another surprise. The Artist of the Year Award goes to DBSK!” L.Joe announced brightly, the crowd cheering in happiness. Yunho and Changmin both went up stage, smiling and waving to the idols who cheered more.

 

“Wait…where are the other three hyungs?” L.Joe questioned, the crowd growing quiet.

 

Yunho cleared his throat painfully, nudging Changmin to take this question.

 

“Er, L.Joe, we are DBSK,” Changmin told him awkwardly, not meeting his eyes.

 

No, you’re TVXQ. The DBSK I’m referring to is Yunho, Changmin, Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu,” L.Joe said firmly. It was silent when I was first to chant.

 

“DONG BANG SHIN KI! DONG BANG SHIN KI!” I shouted loudly, and soon, everyone was chanting it. It was so loud, the managers woke up.

 

JYJ looked uncomfortable going up stage, but then, their awkwardness melted off them when they stared at each other form afar.

 

“Welcome back.” Yunho held out both his arms in welcome, inviting JYJ to go near them. They started walking slowly, but then, the three of them broke into a run, enveloping Yunho and Changmin into a tight hug.

 

I cheered as loudly as I could, my voice starting to go hoarse.

 

The Gods of K-Pop were finally reunited.

 

I can’t be happier.

 

Jaejoong started crying as he hugged Yunho with all his might. Junsu and Yoochun shed tears as they both hugged Changmin. Then, they all formed one big circle, and then hugged each other, all of them crying out of happiness.

 

I hastily wiped my tears away, smiling at the touching scene.

 

“Congratulations DBSK! You are the Artist of the Year! And don’t worry guys, we will-“

 

“ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITH!” The crowd finished for L.Joe as he chuckled in amusement. L.Joe was about to speak when Niel interrupted.

 

“HOLD THE FU-“

 

“NIEL! NO CURSING!” C.A.P scolded his dongsaeng.

 

“Fine! HOLD THE FUDGE UP! WHERE THE HELL IS LAY?!” Niel questioned, and as soon as he did, Kai looked to his right to see an empty space in between Kai and Sehun.

 

I smirked, already one step ahead of Lay.

 

“And the water fight begins,” I muttered, smirking. 


Was this chapter any good? I dearly hope so :\

And the Gods of K-Pop finally reunited! Please leave your thoughts about this, since I want to know how you guys would react if they really did get back together :3

Thank you so much for the support! Thank you so much for still reading and liking this story :')

Now, random GIFs time! :D (PS: GIFs not mine! Credit goes to their rightful owners :3)

^ Baekhyun and his power of light.

^ Kris: The Happy Dragon