071.

Choi Minho's Damsel in Distress

 

“Annyonghasaeyo, omoni.” Minho did the proper greeting in respect to Jieun’s mother. “I’m sorry I came here in an unexpected time.” He uttered.

Jieun couldn’t talk. She has been swallowing these words unable to express how surprised and shocked she got from Minho suddenly appearing right in front of them today. He didn’t tell her he’s going, and she also has no idea how he even got this address.

“Uh?” Her mother’s head tilted a little as she examined Minho’s face. “You seemed familiar.” She uttered and frowned a bit, really trying to figure out where she has seen this handsome face.

“Those guys from Juliette’s collection, he’s one of them.” Jieun and Minho’s eyes widened as they heard Uncle Steve talked in Korean with an American Accent. “He is the tallest one. The one that I like the most after Juliette’s favorite guy.” He added.

“Uncle, you speak fluent Korean?” Jieun turned to him and suddenly talked. “I wasn’t talking to you all along because I thought you won’t understand me.” Jieun said.

“You were not talking to me because you’re afraid of not understanding me. You don’t want to get nosebleed out of nowhere.” Uncle Steve chuckled. “I heard you saying that Juliette.”

“Oh my, uncle!” Jieun blushed and chuckled along with Juliette. Her uncle got her there.

“Right!” Their mother suddenly blurted out of nowhere. “He’s the tall handsome guy from SHINee!” She said and clasped her hands together. “Oh my! Right! I forgot!! Our Jieunnie is a SHINee member’s girlfriend!” She hit her forehead softly. “Why did I forget such thing?” She chuckled.

“Are you here to pick Jieun up?” Uncle Steve asked in pure Korean.

“Not necessary picking her up, sir. I went her to meet her omoni.” He said. “I heard she won’t be able to go back to Korea with Jieun and Juliette so I’m visiting beforehand to personally introduce myself to her.”

“Wow. Such a respectful guy.” Uncle Steve nodded while feeling satisfied. “You are one of those few guys who will actually do that. I’m surprised and glad at the same time.” He said.

They sat altogether at the couch and talked about things in the future.

Minho and Jieun sat beside each other. They weren’t talking to each other, but both of them knew what they had to say to their parents at that moment.

“I know it’s too fast. You just met your daughter and here I am trying to steal her away from you, but if you would allow us, I want to personally ask for Jieun’s hand to marry her.” He said.

Jieun looked at Minho. He didn’t look back but paid full attention to her mother and Uncle Steve. The two were still silent, while Juliette was beside their mother smiling at her unnie.

“Unconsciously…” Her mother started speaking. “You brought my daughter to me to ask for her completely.” She smiled. “It’s not easy saying yes… because right now, I still think that Shinyoung is the same baby I left before. I still think she needs a lot of caring. I have yet to give her my love and my care as mother….” Tears starting to drop suddenly from the mother’s face. “But how can I say no to the guy who makes my baby really happy? We don’t really know each other and you felt like Santa Claus… giving me my gift when Christmas is still months away.” Uncle Steve wrapped his arm around umma and patted her for comfort. “I should be happy… for right now, as my baby grew up to be a beautiful lady, someone has already willing to take care of her forever, and I’m sure, that Choi Minho-ssi will never ever leave her.”

Jieun’s tears started to run down her face as she heard her mother saying that. Minho looked at her and took her hand. He pressed it to give her warmth and comfort. He smiled.

“Umma…” She said while crying and went to hug her mother tightly.

****

They were walking around the grand fountain that was located at the huge garden of the mansion. Holding hands, both of them were silently absorbing the fact that soon… they are getting married.

Minho stopped and faced Jieun. “Jieun-ah..”

“Hmm?” Jieun smiled and looked at him. He smiled back.

“Whenever I call your name and you replied like that… it melts me.” He confessed. Minho slowly wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close to him. He hugged her.

That hug that would probably mean… I missed you, and I feel relieved you’re in my arms again.

“And before I even forget….” He took out something from his pocket and opened the box for her. “I haven’t given you anything since the day we got together. So here…”

“B-but…” Jieun looked at Minho. “This is too expensive.” She uttered.

“I didn’t buy this just for no reason.” He took the ring from the box and slid it gently to her finger. “I bought this ring for a reservation.” He looked at the ring that is now placed on Jieun’s finger. “The price of this one cannot match to your value to me.” He looked at her. “This signifies that you are only for Choi Minho, and no one has the right to take you away from me.”

Jieun smiled but it flew away when she realized something. “Wait. If this ring signifies how I’m already owned by you. What about me? How can people identify that Choi Minho is mine?” She asked.

Minho thought for a while and smiled, “You have me on my neck.” He said.

Jieun suddenly held his collar and pulled him down closer to her. Only about 3 inches apart. “Like this? I own Minho like this?” She said cutely.

Minho nodded and chuckled. “Sooner… You can have me any way you want my dear.”

Jieun bit her lower lip and Minho saw it. The smile fade away and what suddenly surrounded them was the sincere love they have for each other.

“I love you.” Minho whispered.

“I love you.” Jieun replied.

He went closer and closer and closer…. Jieun felt her heart almost jumping out of her chest as she felt Minho coming so close to her. She closed her eyes and waited for him.

It was the warmest feeling when their lips met. It was just a sweet peck on the lips but it felt like forever. Jieun’s soft lips melted Minho over and over again. Minho’s sweet lips sent butterflies into Jieun’s stomach.

They separate but their eyes were nailed to each other. Jieun couldn’t control herself and raised her hand to touch Minho’s lips that were just pressed on her a while ago. She touched it with her fingers and tears fell again.

“This…” She said pertaining to his lips. “I just owned this a while ago. This was mine for few seconds.” She said lovingly.

Minho removed her fingers from his lips and placed her hand on top of his shoulder. “You will own this for the rest of you life my dear. You will have them forever.” He said and planted another sweet peck on her lips.