055.

Choi Minho's Damsel in Distress

 

“I didn’t know she can last not talking to me.” Minho sighed and rested his head on the couch. They just finished rehearsal and are now on Key’s home to eat a 4 am snack. “It’s been 2 days since we started not talking to each other.”

“You can go to her anytime if you want to.” Key uttered as he was changing Sangbum’s diaper, “Seesh Bummie-ah, stay calm, appa is having a hard time.” He said.

“How will she learn if I’m always willing to give in?” Minho replied. “I can’t last not talking to her, I feel like dying already, but I want her to realize I didn’t like what she did. I want her to understand that all I hope is for her to at least make me know at least a bit of everything.”

“Tell it to her.”

“I told you I want her to realize that. If she figure it out her own then it will be better. She won’t learn truly if I feed her the things I wish she knew about.”

“It’s not that she can last it, it’s just that, she’s got some important things to handle, too. Someone who calls herself Ji Eun’s sister suddenly appeared, of course, Ji Eun would think about it a lot.” Chae In said and took Sang Bum from Key, “Let me do it, hun.” She said.

“Oh by the way, the results? Did it come out?” Key uttered after remembering about Ji Eun and Juliette.

“Not yet. Juliette told me it will come out earlier this afternoon.” He answered. “Ji Eun will be the happiest if the results were positive. She’ll finally meet her true parents.” Minho said.

“Those parents that threw her on the garbage? Who would be happy to meet such people?” Key said with a diva voice. “If I were in Jieun’s position,  I won’t care about those people anymore. They dumped me, and better parents came to take care of me. I am much contented now.” Key uttered.

“Kibum-ah, you’re talking as if you’re not thinking.” Minho looked at him sharply. “You can say that because you’re not in her position. You’re looking it in one perspective only. How about the feeling of being incomplete and unidentified? Do you know how bad it feels to know you’re not the one you’re portraying to in your life? Do you know how it feels to live while thinking how it would feel if you’re living the way you should be in the first place? She’s incomplete. Her heart is broken and shattered upon, and it will not mend unless she meets them for real.”

“You’re there. You can make Ji Eun complete either way.” Key uttered carelessly.

“I’m only a part of Ji eun’s completion in life, and her world doesn’t revolve around me.” Minho uttered maturely. “I don’t think it’s ideal to think I can complete her, when I know a part of her will still be sad if she isn’t able to meet her real family in life.”

“Very well said.” Chae In smiled at Minho. “You should get married now.” She joked.

“Not until she feels complete and contented.” Minho added, “and so am I. I want to be the most reliable person she can have by the time I ask her to marry me. I know I cannot be perfect. I’m way too far to being called perfect, but I want to be the best guy she could ever have. That guy she deserves, and only she could have.”

Chae In nodded, and looked at Key after. “Why are you looking at me?” Key asked weirdly.

“Am I not allowed to?” Chae In stood up and brought Sangbum into their room. Key followed and left Minho alone at the couch, thinking deeply.

****

“I thought you were going to confront me. I’m disappointed you didn’t.” Minho was surprised to see Dongshin in front of their dorm’s door right when he arrived from Key’s house.

“Why are you here?” Minho coldly asked.

“I want to talk to you, and maybe clear everything out.” He said. “Ji Eun told me you’re not talkingto each other  for a while now.”

“You talked to her?” Minho was starting to get pissed off.

“I called her. She also told me there’s a great possibility that she has found her sister already, and she’s hoping they’ll get positive results by this afternoon.”

Minho couldn’t accept that fact that Ji Eun was talking to Dongshin when she hasn’t contacting him for days. “I don’t want to talk to you. Leave.” Minho said and tried ignoring Dongshin.

“Don’t tell me you’re jealous? It will be funny.” Dongshin smirked which made Minho more pissed.

“What’s funny about it?” He asked bluntly.

“It’s funny because you’re jealous and angry for no reason, but I must admit I felt glad for a while, at least you’re jealous of me, it somehow means you’re insecure.” He chuckled. “You don’t know how much Ji Eun loves you, do you? I think you’re only thinking about you being in love to her so much and you forgot to feel how she’s damn in love with you as well. You’re jealous and insecure as if you have the feeling I could steal her. As much as I don’t want to admit it, damn, I can’t do that. I can’t steal her from you. Not anymore.” He said straightly. “And you should envy me right now. It’s hard to accept defeat in front of someone you considered your rival.”

Minho looked at him, what’s up with this man suddenly saying these things?

“Don’t be so jealous about me talking to her. You can’t just throw away our four years of being together, plus the fact that we were good friends before we even had a relationship.” Dongshin added. “Treat me as Ji Eun’s friend who’s willing to beat you up because you’re starting to be an like me.”

“You don’t understand why I’m not talking to her.” Minho added.

“I do. It’s you who don’t understand why she’s not saying anything to you. Can’t you figure it out yourself? If she doesn’t like to open it up to you then it means it’s something that is hard to bring up. Damn you for thinking she’s cheating on you and for believing she’s keeping everything as a secret.” Dongshin said. “If you came to me right after that conversation then I might have explained everything, but you only waited for her to force herself telling it to you. If she doesn’t want to say it then don’t force her to. If you still want to know it then do something about it. Don’t just sit down and wait for her gather all the courage to tell you. I thought you were cool, Minho.” Dongshin said.

“So tell me.” Minho said.

“Take hold of those damn evil sisters.” Dongshin said. “Those two crazy girls were the ones who made Ji Eun suffered. Starting from the blog about how she was picked from the garbage, down to those tomatoes and eggs that were thrown away while she dressed beautifully. It’s the damn sisters’ fault.” Dongshin started telling Minho all the things he knew about the evil sisters’ plan against Ji Eun.

“…and they won’t stop until you give Ji Eun up, or Ji Eun gives up. That’s how crazy in love that Krystal is towards you, and her sister is so pathetic to even help her.”

Minho couldn’t believe Jessica noona and Krystal could do that. He is very mad at them that he wants to go to them and confront them about it.

“But why are you saying these to me?” Minho asked. It’s Dongshin who said all that, why is he doing that?

“Damn do I need to explain everything to you again as how I did to Ji Eun? Ji Eun knows everything already and I think I don’t need to explain to you why I am doing this. If you want to know then ask Ji Eun about it. I don’t care about how you think of me, but right now, all I want you to do is protect Ji Eun, something that I regret not doing before.” He shook his head and smiled halfway. “I think I should go now. I have told you everything so I’m hoping you could do something about it.” He was about to walk when he stopped and looked again.

“The only thing Ji Eun wants is to be recognized and well appreciated. She doesn’t need to be treated as a princess. She just wants to experience how it feels to have someone be proud of having her in front of all people. It’s something that I didn’t do when I know that could make her really happy. I hope someone could do that for her.” He patted his shoulder and silently left, leaving Minho in deep thoughts again.