015.

Choi Minho's Damsel in Distress

 

Minho and Ji Eun entered the clinic after a while. They sat side by side but they are not talking to each other. It was Minho who broke the silence between them.

“You should end the relationship with that guy. He’s not worth it.” He uttered.

Ji Eun shook her head and looked at the ground, “You don’t understand how I feel. I love him, and it won’t be easy to break it up with him.” She said.

“It’s not easy, I know.” Minho nodded for he can relate to what Ji Eun was trying to say, “But I’d rather leave the person than stay with him for the rest of my life while feeling badly hurt and injured.”

“He only did that because he’s mad. If you saw your girlfriend with someone else, you would be mad, too.” Ji Eun tried to defend Dongshin again.

“Yes, I would be mad. It’s okay to get jealous and insecure. But I will never hold my girlfriend as hard as he did to you a while ago. And never… never in my whole life, will I ever slap a girl, especially when she’s the closest person to my heart.

Ji Eun didn’t talk anymore…

“And I don’t get why you never fight back. He seems to be very harsh to you. Why can’t you defend yourself?” He said. Anger is plastered on the tone of his voice.

“Because I love him so much, and I don’t care if I have to endure everything every single time.” She admitted.

“You’re stupid. I just want you to know that.” Minho uttered straightly. “I hate how you’re really worth loving for, but you ended up on the person who doesn’t even deserve to live in this world.” He shook his head.

“Please don’t talk about him like that.”Ji Eun politely requested. There was a long silence…

“I don’t know what to do without my first love…” She started talking again. “…who will probably be my last love, too.”

“The only man I got to be with ever since I was little was my appa. I’m adopted.” She looked at Minho and saw the hint of surprise on his face. “I never knew I was adopted until my 18th birthday when umma and appa told me the truth. It was depressing and I felt really devastated that time. I suddenly didn’t know myself at all. Everything felt a new world. It was like I lived in a lie for 18 years. I was still coping for the reality… when my father died 2 weeks after my birthday. Do you know what double dead meat is? It’s when pig is already dead because of a disease, then butcher still chopped it to sell it to market.” She sighed. “That’s how poisonous I felt. I wanted to kill myself. I wanted to jump on the rooftop of my school. I wanted to end my life… until I realized… they adopted me to give another life, and I don’t want to disappoint my father in heaven for treating me as her real daughter. My biological parents didn’t kill me, so why would I do it to myself now that everybody gave me a 2nd life?” She smiled… “And Dongshin… I met him when I was still coping up. It was love at first sight, and he is my first love. He’s the only man in my life now that my father is gone. He’s the only man I have. I can’t let him go, whatever happens.” She smiled bitterly.

Minho saw the sparks on her eyes. She’s silently crying while bowing her head. He sighed, looked up the ceiling and shook his head.

“The more that I want to keep you away from him.” He said.

Ji Eun looked at him so he looked back.

“You know what? After all the things you undergone through your life, I think you deserve all the love in the world, and to be honest, I think Dongshin couldn’t give it to you. It’s you, in fact, who are giving him all your love. You couldn’t let go because you’re thinking what he is showing is already love. There are guys who are a lot better than him. You should move forward and find the better one.”

“I can’t. I don’t think I can find someone better.” She said.

“You’re just afraid because you got used on being with him. You’re afraid because you think he’s the only one you can depend on to.” Minho unconsciously tucked those few strands of hair on her face to the back of her ears. There are few droplets of sweat on the side of her forehead. He unconsciously wiped it with the back of his hands, too.

“The word ‘precious’ is not even suitable to describe how precious you are. You don’t deserve him. Not at all, and I’m willing to help you discover why you don’t deserve him, and when you get to move on, I promise, I’ll help you find a better man, too.” He smiled at her.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Choi Minho : Every Shawols knight in shining armor ~