026.

Choi Minho's Damsel in Distress

 

**JI EUN POV**

The doctor said I can take the rest of the day off because he’s going out to eat dinner with his grandchildren on the afternoon. I went out thinking if I should call Minho or not. He has been picking me up every time. I should at least tell him I went out earlier than usual, right? Well, he doesn’t need to rush over here to pick me. I just want to tell him I’m off from work now.

Should I dial his number now or should I wait for him to call instead?

Should I go home alone and apologize later for not informing him about my early off from work?

Seesh, it’s hard to decide, but fine, a call informing him about this won’t hurt anyway. And if he’s busy right now then it’s okay. I can go home alone.

But of course… it will be good to see him upon going home, but, err. I don’t have any right to demand about it. He is being so considerate towards me, I must not overuse it.

I rang his phone. It took about few seconds before he got to answer it.

“M-Minho-ssi…”

“Sorry he can’t answer right now.” It was an unfamiliar voice. I’m pretty sure it’s not from any SHINee member. “You see… uh… there’s an emergency right now involving Minho.” The unfamiliar voice uttered again. It made really worried and in panic. He really sounded like it was an emergency.

“Eh? What happened? What happened to Minho-ssi?” I asked right after.

“Yah! Give that to me! Don’t tell her! Yah! Yah!” A small voice was heard from the background. I think it was Minho, but not really sure about it.

“We were playing basketball and he suddenly tripped. He’s ankle suffered from a bad sprain, I think.” The unknown guy informed me , not minding the small voice in the background.

“Yah!! Kangmin-ah! Don’t tell her everything!” The voice from the back shouted again. Now I’m certain it’s Minho-ssi now.

“I don’t think he can drive right now, and I also think his foot needs some attention. Would you mind to come to help us out? I’m worried about my friend. He doesn’t want us to help him treat his injury. He’s one prideful person. He keeps on telling us to go away.”

“Oh.” He might be really injured since he couldn’t get the phone from his friend. I should go to him and help him out, right? “Can you tell me where you are right now so I can come and at least do some treatment?” I asked and the guy quickly gave me the address. “Okay then, please give me few minutes.” I said as I realized it’s not that far from where I am right now.

**END OF POV**

 

“She said she’s coming.” The friend who was on the phone with Ji Eun for a while announced after the call was ended. “She sounds really worried. I bet she’s rushing here right now.” He grinned at Minho who was frowning bad at him.

“You should’ve not told her about this. That girl worries about a lot of things.” He uttered and shook his head.

“It’s overwhelming to be someone’s worry sometimes, Minho-yah~” His friend patted his shoulder and sat before him. “Knowing you, I bet you care for this girl so much. When you’re into someone, you’ll definitely not pass a day without contacting her. I know you like her, it shows to your face as I talk to her.” The friend giggled.

“Seesh… What do you know?” He asked.

“We’ve been together since kindergarten. I’m not an old friend for nothing. Old habits never die, Minho. As I attempted to talk about her a while ago, you smiled just how you did when you saw the cutest girl in our class before.”

“How about Krystal then? Isn’t she your true girlfriend? You admitted that to us before.” The other friend uttered. Minho didn’t respond. It was, of course, the question that he’s asking to himself as well.

“Confused much, my dear friend?” There was a hint of tease but his old friend was concerned as well. “Do you want the old friend, who knows you more than you do to yourself, answer the question for you?” This old friend sure knows a lot about Minho. He looked at his friend, as if waiting about what he’s about to say. “I’ll message you later. Let’s see your dear Ji Eun first.”

Few minutes later and Minho saw Ji Eun running towards them.

“Sweet angel…” Minho heard one of his friend whispered. “How angelic that face can be?”

Ji Eun was running towards them, hair flew along the wind that is going against her.

“Minho-ssi!” Ji Eun shouted, immediately kneeled down and put her bag on the side, attending to Minho’s injured ankle. “Aigoo… this really looked bad.” She gently touched the injured part and Minho flinched a little bit because it was really painful. “Have you done cold compress?” Minho nodded, “It’s not enough. We need to put more compress on this.” She said and pulled someone’s bag over to elevate the injured leg.

The rest of the guys were just looking at Ji Eun doing the treatment on Minho’s injury. Minho was staring weirdly at the guys who seemed to be so engrossed by Ji Eun’s presence.

“Minho-ssi. You should go home to relax yourself more.” She suggested as she stood up and sat beside Minho. She took the towel that was placed on his shoulder and gently wiped those drops of sweats on his forehead. “You’re sweating a lot right now. You’re not comfortable and this won’t make you feel any better.” She looked at the guys whose jaws are almost dropping at the back. “Excuse me, but… can you help him in his car?” She asked them.

“Oh sure! Sure! Yah! Come on let’s help Minho up!” With Ji Eun’s voice that was talking to them, the guys suddenly looked like cold water spilled against them. They helped Minho up and guided him inside his car outside.

“But… I think Minho can’t drive.” Well, obviously, he can’t, but Ji Eun smiled at the guy and nodded.

“I’m going to do it so please lead him to the passenger seat.” She requested and the boys followed. Minho was speechless all along. He couldn’t believe how his friends suddenly turned into robots following every word Ji Eun utters.

“Thank you very much.” Ji Eun said and  went over the driver’s seat. The guys moved backwards to allow the car to leave.

“Please take care.” Minho’s old friend uttered and looked at Minho, “I’ll text you later.”