035.

Choi Minho's Damsel in Distress

 

“You should try walking bit by bit.” Ji Eun said when she visited Minho the next day. She noticed his ankle is starting to get better. It just needs to be exercised slowly.

“Should I?” Minho gently placed his foot down on the floor. He looked at Ji Eun and smiled, “Should we go somewhere and have a walk together?” His eyes were sparkling in excitement as he imagined the thought of walking with Ji Eun under a nice weather.

“Uh?” Ji Eun frowned and slightly tilted her head, “I said bit by bit. If we walk along the park together then your ankle will be stressed too much.”

“Can I just breathe fresh air then?” Minho uttered another reason just to be with Ji Eun in the park. “I’ve been sitting here doing nothing for 2 days. Can we just sit and breathe fresh air together?”

Ji Eun chuckled while shaking her head, “You look like a kid.” She uttered and held Minho’s hands trying to pull him up. “Fine. Let’s go outside, but we won’t walk that much, kay?”

Minho nodded and helped himself up while Ji Eun still holding his hands.

“You should change clothes.” Ji Eun suggested once Minho had risen up. He was just wearing a short which extends a bit below his knees, and a white tshirt which is not too fit but can show how shaped his upper torso is.

“Is it inappropriate to wear this outside?” Minho asked.

She shook her head, “Not really, but I think you forgot that you’re an idol. You don’t want them to see you in simple clothes.”

“I think I’m going out as Shin Ji Eun’s Choi Minho.” He looked at her and pinched her nose, “I’m not SHINee’s Minho today, so why would I act as an idol?” Ji Eun chuckled while blushing, “But if you want me to change clothes, then it’s fine. I’ll wear something else.”

“It’s fine then.” Ji Eun said. “If you’re comfortable going out like that then I’ll be glad to be with you.”

Ji Eun helped Minho as they went out of the dorm. She drove to the closest park at the vicinity and also helped Minho out of the car.

They sat together on a bench under a huge tree. Minho relaxed himself and took a deep breath. He looked at his side and saw Ji Eun’s hands placed down their seat while she looked around, enjoying the beauty of the nature. He took her hand, intertwined it with his, and placed them on his lap. Ji Eun looked at him, then down to their hands clasped together, and smiled.

They didn’t talk. It was like both of them understand what they would want to tell each other. It’s very silent but they were not awkward. They needed that silence in order to hear out their hearts that have been talking to each other.

It was when Minho broke the silence after few more minutes… “Ji Eun-ah…” He called out. Their hands still together and placed on one of his legs.

“Hmm?”

“I’ll apologize in advance if I won’t be able to give you a relationship that you would want.” He said, eyes are already seeking forgiveness. “It was hard for Soojin-noona and Choonhee to cope up with Onew hyung and Jonghyun hyung’s nature, and I feel apologetic that you will go through the same phase.” He said.

Ji Eun shook her head and smiled. “It’s okay. If we don’t work hard on something then we won’t be able to take hold of it with both hands. If I want to be with you until the end then I have to stay still and endure everything.”

Minho realized she’s a very strong girl who goes into a lot of trouble because she’s very courageous. She’s not afraid to get hurt, something that Minho really admires. Ji Eun will always take a risk just because she knows everything might turn out great in the end if she only does her best. She’s very optimistic and doesn’t easily give up.

“If you feel more comfortable hiding it then it’s okay with me.” Minho uttered.

“What do you want?” Ji Eun asked.

“It’s up to you.” Minho smiled. “I’ll adjust to whatever decisions you’ll make for us, at least when I know you can decide about it.”

“My sister is a fan of yours, and she doesn’t a single idea that you and Krystal had a relationship.” Ji Eun started to open another topic. “I’m sorry if I have to open this with you, but are you really comfortable hiding a relationship? Do you think it’s for the better?” She asked. “Do you think relationship will last longer if it’s in private? I want to know. I’ve never had any relationship with an idol so of course… I wouldn’t know.” The she pouted. “But Dongshin is popular enough. Yes, everybody knows we’re in a relationship, but he never acted like a real boyfriend in front of other people. He will always set me aside whenever there are other girls that like him a lot.”

“It’s a pity Dongshin never boasted you around.” Minho uttered. “He should’ve been proud of you. If he did, then a lot would see him as a very lucky and fortunate guy. I felt envious of him before, you know, because he had the girl that I would like to have forever.”

“What about her? Did you really end it with her?”

“To be honest… it wasn’t really a breakup.” Minho admitted. “We were, at least, expecting that we’ll be together again in the future.” He looked at Ji Eun, “But things change, and when you realize you deserve someone even better, then it’s hard to let it go. I broke a promise because of you, so I become now your responsibility.” He chuckled. “Ji Eun ah…”

“Hmm?”

“Love me.” He uttered and gently caressed her cheek. “It sounds like I’m begging for your love but how else can I have it? I love you more than I did yesterday, and I have the feeling I’ll love you even more tomorrow.”

“Yah.” Ji Eun hit his leg, almost crying. “I’m not used to this kind of conversation. Nobody ever did that to me. You’re making me a lot overwhelmed.” She said. “About us… I think it’s better not to talk until someone asks us about it, or at least ask you, about it.” She uttered. “We should stay like this and ignore whatever they might say. If your agency decides to announce something in public, I promise I wouldn’t mind whether it’s positive or not. I don’t care. I believe in you, and I’m putting my 100% trust on you.” She said.

“I won’t say anything but when they ask me, I will never deny it.” He chuckled.

They were talking when 2 girls, whose ages were around 16 – 18, came and approached them. “Minho-oppa?” They called out. Minho and Ji Eun were surprised for a bit and then he smiled after a while. “Minho-oppa! We heard you sprained your foot. Are you all better now?”

“Deh… I’m feeling better now. Thank you very much for your concern.” He said while smiling.

“We were very worried about you, oppa… but what are you doing here?”

“Just breathing fresh air. It will help me get better, right?”

“DEHH!!” Both girls shouted and unison, then they switched attention to the girl who was sitting right beside Minho. They even noticed how the two hold hands. “Who is she?” They asked, half frowning, half smiling.”

Minho looked at Ji Eun and they exchanged glances, then he went back to the girls and said, “My girlfriend.”

The girls seemed to be shocked but managed to put up smiles after. They asked for Ji Eun’s name and wished them all the best before leaving.

Ji eun and Minho felt really proud of each other. They decided to go back to dorm after a while…

Minho can already walk so he managed to go out of car alone. As both of them led themselves to the door, a very familiar face welcomed the both of them.

“It’s nice to be back.” Krystal said while she crossed her arms in front of her. Her right eyebrow was raising up as she switched look from Minho to Ji Eun.

 


 

Author's Note:

Brace yourself.