053.

Choi Minho's Damsel in Distress

 

“Can’t she speak Korean?” Minho uttered in annoyance while they were in the waiting room. Key has been talking to Juliette and they were conversing in English all the time, making the other four speechless and were just looking.

“Oh, I forgot to ask your name.” Key said after a while when he remembered not knowing her name yet.

“Hwang Jooyoung, but they call me Juliette in U.S.” She uttered. Onew and Jjong suddenly went,

“Juliette, oohh~”

“Tell her we’ll go with her to Ji Eun’s house later.” Minho said while still looking closely at Juliette. “Why did she appear just now anyway? It’s been 10 years since they left and she didn’t even find her? Didn’t she know Ji Eun was suffering all along?” Minho asked continuously.

“I know I should’ve done that earlier, but how can I do it when people just take me as the little girl who likes to fool around? I asked mom to help me find her. She was excited and nervous at the same time. She doesn’t know what face to show unnie. Umma feels unnie hates her a lot.”

“Oh I wish you speak Korean.” Jonghyun said while sighing.

Juliette looked at them in surprise and covered immediately, “Omo! I was speaking in English all along I forgot I’m in Korea!” She shouted cutely.

The five members’ jaw dropped as they heard her talk in cute Korean. “Seesh! You made it too difficult for me!” Key shouted and just chuckled.

Juliette repeated what she just said earlier. “…so there, I once read a blog about how Shin Ji Eun was adopted and the story of how her parents saw her. It was painful and I felt sorry for unnie. I felt sorry for my mom, too. She was too young when she did that, and felt guilty all these years because of that mistake. Now I’m here, trying to talk to unnie and hoping she’s really my real sister.” Juliette added.

“Do you like SHINee?” Jonghyun was now confident to talk to her since he figured out she can speak fluent Korean, too. But Kim Jonghyun would rather ask random things.

“I’m a huge fan!! I live in SHINee World, oh my gosh!” They were surprised again when Juliette started spazzing with herself. “I can’t believe I’m really able to see you now!”

“This is such a late reaction.” Onew uttered. “She’s been with us for almost an hour already and she just realized it now.” He chuckled.

“Who do you like the most then?” Jonghyun asked again.

“Aish! Of course she will be shy to tell! We’re in fr..” Taemin was cut off when Juliette shouted.

“I love Lee Taemin!”

The five were speechless again. “Did I just hear someone confessing?” They all laughed and Juliette started getting blushed.

But Taemin was just cool about it. It’s not new to him. There are lots of girls who call him love.

****

All five, including Juliette, were standing in front of Ji Eun’s house. Juliette clasped her hands together, “Unnie, here I come.” She whispered to herself.

“Call her. Ask her to come out.” Onew instructed Minho. He just looked at him.

“I can’t. I can’t talk to her right now. We’re having problems.” Minho said.

“Don’t tell me you hurt unnie?” Juliette changed expression again. She looked at Minho with an eyebrow raised and her face in a expression. “Don’t even try.” She said as if threatening.

Minho gave the phone to Onew, “Try calling her, hyung.” Onew took it and called Ji Eun’s number.

“Minho-yah…” Ji Eun answered immediately.

“This is Onew-oppa, Ji Eunnie.” Onew said and knew it disappointed Ji Eun, “Can you come out for a while? We’re here in front of your house.”

“Why?”

“Someone else wants to see you. Just please go out, Ji Eun.” Onew said.

“Araso, oppa.” Ji Eun ended the call and after a while, they saw the door started opening.

Juliette heartbeat felt like stopping when she saw Ji Eun come out. She felt different and suddenly wants to run over her to hug Ji Eun. She walked towards her direction, and Juliette’s presence caught her attention. She was staring at Juliette she even forgot Minho’s existence on the side.

“U… unnie…” Juliette bit her lower lip, trying hard not to cry. “Sh… Shinyoung unnie… I’m sorry I arrived late.” She uttered and couldn’t contain herself anymore so she went for a tight hug with Ji Eun. “You’re my sister. I know it. I feel it. I’m sorry unnie. I’m sorry I was able to find you just now.” She said while hugging her tightly.

Ji Eun looked at Onew in a confused expression. Onew smiled warmly and from that, Ji Eun’s tears started falling down.

She doesn’t know why she felt unusual familiriaty. It was like a person she knows for a long time was hugging her… telling how she misses her.


Author's Note:

An update before I go to school. Haaa~ Just when I thought I won't be able to update until thursday... Why do I have such time anyway?? LOL, And guys... why do you think it's love at first sight for Taemin? Let's find out together in the future, neh?