062.

Choi Minho's Damsel in Distress

 

“Umma…” Juliette called while her mother was busy putting some fruits on the table. “Unnie is here.” She said.

Her mother stopped for a while, breathed, and slowly looked towards them. They can see from her that she’s shaking a bit and was nervous.

“Sh-Shin… Shinyoung.” Her name escaped from her mothers lips. Her umma was hesitating to run and hug her. She doesn’t know what’s going on inside Jieun’s head right now. “My… my daughter.” She uttered.

“U… umma…” the moment Jieun uttered the word, tears escaped from her eyes. “Umma…” She uttered and was crying already.

It was the time when her mother realized she’s accepting her whole heartedly. She ran towards Jieun and hugged her tightly. They were both crying. Juliette who was watching beside Jieun was also crying.

It was a happy reunion, and anger isn’t welcome for them uniting as one. Her mother cupped her face and looked at her daughter’s beauty. She was very happy and she longed enough to feel her presence and hug her like this.

“Forgive umma. Forgive me for everything that I did to you..” She said in between sobs.

Jieun shook her head, “It’s alright umma… I just want to hug you. Please hug me, umma.” She begged and both of them hugged each other again and allowed all emotions to flow and covered the three of them. Jieun looked at her sibling and widened her arm a little.

The three of them hugged each other, tightly, no one is willing to let go. They rejoiced the fact that after 22 long years, they were able to see each other and form the family back.

****

“I was 17 when I had you.” Her mother started telling the story with her and Juliette on their mother’s room. “I was very young back then and I don’t know what to do. I told it to your father. Though he’s willing to be responsible about what happened, I still didn’t think he’s capable of giving me a good life. I was studying and working at the same time for my parents, and he was doing the same for his family. We were both away from home so we can only rely to each other. He was very good to me and did everything to take care of me and you, but the problem was with me. Being just a 17 year old teen, I really didn’t see you coming. I wasn’t prepared, and having you was against my will.”

“…but he told me we should let you live, have a good life, and experience the world full of love. I got to continue carrying you because he was there, encouraging me that everything will be alright soon. 2 months after you came out, he told me he’s going to work somewhere else and will be back within a week. I felt all the difficulties when he left. I couldn’t control it when you cry. When I was tired from working and you won’t make me sleep at night because of your constant whining… those made me give up and became to be really mad about you existing. I was mad at you to the point that I really wished I didn’t let you live. That’s when I decided to leave you somewhere… and because I was mad and irritated, I felt like I should throw you away, and that’s what I did.” Her mother started crying while remembering what she did before.

“While walking back to our house I saw a mother with a child. The baby was crying, and his mother was trying very hard to stop him. I suddenly thought of you… and realized how I couldn’t let you just stay there beside the dirty place. I ran back to look for you and take you with me…. but you were not there anymore. Someone took you away. I tried to find you, but I can’t. When your father went back and realized what I did… he was very mad and I know he couldn’t forgive me. I threw you away. I threw that special baby your father came to have. He loved you so much and I only messed up with your life. He was mad and decided to leave me, but after 2 years, we met each other again… I apologized and begged for another chance… and that’s how we came back together and had Jooyoung.”

“…Life became as hard again when your father died while Jooyoung was just 4 years old. It was so hard for me to move on and carry on with our lives. I think that was my karma. We ended up sleeping in the street and eating leftovers because the landlord kicked us out from the apartment. We had to save money to go back to my hometown. 4 years later… I met Steve. I felt the love I need. I didn’t know he was this rich until we came here and he just gave everything to me..”

“Believe me, I tried really hard to find you… but I couldn’t.”

“I know umma… I know…” Jieun uttered and cried again. “I know and I’m happy you find me again.”

“You’re not angry? You don’t hate me?”

“Hating has no place here.” Jieun said. “We were away from each other for 22 years. Why would I spend the time we could be together just by hating you? I love you, umma. I love the fact that you just let me live. I love the fact that appa was there for you. Thank you for giving me the chance to live.” She uttered.

“Listening to you right now… I feel like I had a good choice of what I did. A very good family raised you up, something that I know I won’t be able to do at such young age. You grew up with love and care, and I’m happy they treated you as a real daughter.”

They hugged each other again and cried. “From now on… I promise I’ll take care of you and love the both of you every second of my life. Let’s start another life as a family.”

The two kids nodded, and savored the time that they were together for the first time after several years. Their umma took something out of the cabinet. It’s their father’s photo. “Baek Jin-ah… Your first daughter is here.” She said.

“Appa… I’m back.” She said with teary eyes and they hugged each other with his photo.



 

Author's Note:

Mom asked me to do the laundry but how can I do it when it's freakin' raining so hard and I'm so lazy because it's so cold and I don't even want to take a bath?! LOL. Here's the result of me being such a lazy ... OMG. This is such a gloomy day... Looking at Onew photos, listening to him sing with warm voice while hearing the rain pour outside... Somebody film me with this awesome scene. LOL. I should go back to writinggggg... >.<