012.

Choi Minho's Damsel in Distress

 

 

“You know better than me, hyung, and I know you won’t trust me on these things.” Taemin raised his hands in the air while shaking his head. Minho sighed, shook his head, and started walking away.

“I can’t do groceries, too. I don’t even know where to get those things in that big supermarket.” Minho complained. “I don’t know how to do it, Taemin-ah~ Please. Just go.”

“I don’t like.” Taemin opened the television using the controller and ignored what Minho was saying.

He was lost. He has to go to the grocery to buy their necessities. If it’s only okay to ask Key do the groceries, he would be glad for him to be of help. But of course, you cannot just ask a favor from a newly married man with a son.

Minho rode his car to the grocery store one afternoon. Their comeback is slowly coming to start its preparation. Their fridge should start being full again since they won’t have any time going to groceries to buy these things because they will be very busy.

“What the…” Minho looked so lost as he stepped inside the supermarket while pushing an empty cart. “How could I find all those things in this super large market?” He uttered hopelessly.

He listed all the things that he needs to buy before going out. He remembered Key doing that before so he did it, too, to make it easier for him.

But going around this huge place with lots of stuffs displayed all over made his really crazy. He never wanted to do groceries, at least to this super-super market, and now he didn’t know why he was here.

“Seesh… really.” Minho started going around from one area to another. All he saw were junk foods and candies, “I’m not in the right area.” He sighed and took some chips because Taemin asked him to buy some chips for him. He took out 7 large packs of chips and put in the cart, then he left to find the more important necessities.

He was in the veggie station… “Oh… How should I pick vegetables in good condition?” He scratched his head and felt really dumb of not knowing anything about this stuff.

**JI EUN POV**

I was about to leave the supermarket because my I didn’t saw my friend there. I stopped for a while after noticing someone really familiar.

Oh… It’s SHINee member, Choi Minho. I wonder… why do I get to see so much SHINee these days? Ever since I involved myself with Chae In and Key, I pretty got close to those members as well. And yeah, I’m actually seeing Minho, the one who told me I don’t know what happiness is, is in front of me right now.

I looked at him from far away. He seemed to be having a very hard time over the veggie section. I even saw him scratching his head. Perhaps, this is the first time he got to pick up veggies for groceries?

**END OF POV**

“These are better.” Minho almost jumped in surprise when someone suddenly came in from behind and handed him few pieces of tomatoes. “These are good enough. You just keep them in cold temperature so they won’t rot.”

“Ji Eun-ssi.” Minho uttered when he realized it was her. “I didn’t know you are here.” He said.

“I was surprise to see you here, too.” Ji Eun smiled and decided to pick out other tomatoes in good conditions. “How much do you need?” She asked while busily inspecting the tomatoes through her fingers.

“About a half.” Minho uttered while unconsciously looking at her face.

“These are probably enough.” Ji Eun took the plastic with tomatoes she chose to the weighing scale. Minho was surprised to see she got talent in estimating weights. “Exactly as it is.” Ji Eun smiled to herself and it felt like a gracious accomplishment. “What else do you need? I felt the need to help you, at least after bringing me home the last time when I was cry… I mean… walking alone.” She said.

Minho handed her the list of things he needs to buy. Ji Eun looked at it and frowned.

“How long have you been staying here?” She asked.

“About 45 minutes already.”

Ji Eun made an O-shaped mouth and was in disbelief, “And you just accomplished getting two of these? The chips and tomatoes? You really need some help then.” She said and immediately took the cart from him. “Follow me.” She said.

“No, I’ll pull it instead.” He tried to get the cart back.

“It’s okay…” She smiled and happily strolled around the supermarket. “Walking along these shelves while pushing a cart feels good, at least to me.” She uttered.

Minho couldn’t do anything but give in to what she wanted. He was just watching her accomplish all the things listed on the paper one by one. He wondered… she seemed to be very precise to every area that they went to. No wasted time. In 30 minutes, all those stuffs on the list were accomplished. All of them were picked through high standards. He noticed how keen Ji Eun was in choosing the right brand to buy.

“Here’s the receipt…” Ji Eun placed the receipt on top of his left palm, “And here is the change.” She placed it on his right palm.

Minho insisted that he can handle paying those to the cashiers, but Ji Eun said that since she helped him already, she should do it full time then.

“Thank you very much. You’re such a big help.” Minho thanked after taking the change and receipt. “I probably stayed stagnant if you didn’t arrive.”

“It’s okay.” Ji Eun smiled. “I had fun doing that so it’s my pleasure.” The smile on her face was priceless. Minho even wanted to thank her for smiling like that, too.

“Oh… I should treat you for a snack then.” He said. “That is at least to show how grateful I am for you today.”

“No, it’s okay, Minho-ssi.” Ji Eun smiled and shook her head. “It’s really okay, you don’t have to treat me over snack.”

“I still insist.” Minho flashed a charismatic smiled. “You’ve been constantly saying no after I insisted on taking the cart and doing things a while ago. You handled everything without even allowing me to help you, now I think you don’t have the right to say no to me already. You took all your chances on saying no.” He said.

“So I can’t say no to you from now on?” She chuckled.

“Ahuh.” Minho nodded charmingly. “And I won’t allow you to take those groceries bag. I won’t. I promise. I won’t allow a girl carry such heavy bags.” He said and ran to the back of the counter to get the things that they bought.

They went out together and entered the car after Minho loaded all the stuffs to the compartment. “So where should we eat?” Minho asked after he wore the seatbelt.

“Wherever you want.” She smiled at the sight of the street. Minho wondered what’s worth smiling at that sight, then she looked at him and smiled. “You’re a celebrity so we should go to a place you’re comfortable with. I should be the one adjusting so it’s okay.” Her smiled was very genuine.

**MINHO POV**

Is she really this type of person? Giving all the consideration to someone else? She’s okay to whatever is okay to the other person? She’s very caring, thoughtful, and nice. Her smile was the nicest of all, by the way.

“You’re a celebrity so we should go to a place you’re comfortable with. I should be the one adjusting so it’s okay.”

That only shows how thoughtful she is. She doesn’t decide on her own. She considers the other person’s situation and is willing to adjust. But I would like it if we go to somewhere she would like… hmm… she’s very simple and I think she can be happy with not so luxurious stuff.

“Should we go to McDonalds?” I asked. Gotcha! I saw how her eyes sparkled the moment she heard the word.

“McDonalds?! Do you want to eat there?” She said but I can already see the hint of excitement.

“Ahuh…” I’ll try to make another guest on something that she might like, “I’m suddenly craving for ice cream and fries.” I smiled inside when I saw how her eyes twinkle in excitement. I guess I got what she wanted to eat, too.

I pulled out cash on my wallet as soon as we got there. I stood on the lane when Ji Eun gently pushed me aside. “Give me that and just go find a table.” She said and took the money from me.

“Are you sure?” I asked. Ji Eun nodded confidently. I know I can’t argue back. “Okay… then.” I turned back and was about to leave when…

“Yah….” I immediately turned back because I was surprise that she JUST called me ‘Yah’. “I’m sorry I had to call you that.” She whispered and suddenly pulled the cap I was wearing even lower that it was almost covering my sight. “I just think it’s not normal for an idol to go around with a girl in such public place. You have to cover up.” She smiled and turned around because it was already her turn to order.

I tilted my head a little as I sat on an empty seat beside the table. She’s very nice and sweet, why does that freakin’ guy hurts her like that? Sheesshh… she doesn’t really deserve him, okay?

Everything was perfectly served to me. Ji Eun took out our orders from the tray and properly placed it on the table. She went back to the counter to give the empty tray back. She’s very diligent.

And she was pretty interesting too. I talked to her and instantly, we became friends. We talked about nothing serious though. They were random conversations. Why is McDo fries her favorite, why doesn’t she listen to Kpop music that much, how does patients on their clinic look like. They were all random topics, but it was very fun because she was the one talking about it.

“Oh. I forgot to buy Kimchi a while ago at the supermarket.” I snapped after we went back to the car. There’s no Kimchi at home and I don’t know why it wasn’t on the list I made.

“I’ll give you Kimchi then.” She smiled at me after locking on her seatbelt. “I made Kimchi myself just 2 days ago. There are a lot at home. I’ll give you a jar of it.” She said.

“Are you sure about that?” I asked. Is she really going to give me a jar of Kimchi? That’s pretty nice and so generous of her!

She ran fast their house as soon as we arrived at her home. Minutes later, I saw her coming out again while holding a jar. I secretly prayed she won’t trip on her way. That’s pretty dangerous when you run with that, you know.

“I hope you enjoy my homemade kimchi.” She smiled and handed me the jar. “Go back safely.” She moved a little backward and waved at me. “At least send me a message once you arrived at the dorm. I just want to be sure you went back safely.” She uttered. It was so sweet. I promise.

**END OF POV**


 

Author's Note:

I this is unusually long. Hahaha. I missed writing ~ Was too busy during these days because we had a presentation on our BroadcastJournalism subject. But I am proud ~ We got an A. haha, and groupmates said it was because of me.... And all of them thanked SHINee and Onew because we watched Sherlock before our report. LOL. That was random but they really think it's because of SHINee that I got to answer all our professor's questions regarding our report. Now let me read your comments because I missed you all. >.<