029.

Choi Minho's Damsel in Distress

 

“No. I still insist. You can freely enter my room and pick any shirt that you can wear. It’s not comfortable wearing a stained tshirt, you know.” Minho insisted. He’s insisting that much. If he could only walk, he would have probably dragged Ji Eun inside his room and make her change clothes.

“But…” Ji Eun was still resisting the last time.

“Please, Ji Eun. At least I want you to feel comfortable moving around.” Minho uttered. Ji Eun looked at his room and went in. She was hesitating at first. “Go. Go.” Minho uttered while nodding.

A pile of well organized outfits welcomed Ji Eun as she entered inside Minho’s room. There were Tshirts, pants, and some rubbershoes on the bottom part of his closet. As she walked inside, she realized how messy Minho’s bed was. She shook her head and smiled, “It’s not that they are messy or unclean people, but guys really do hate organizing the bed.” Ji Eun took the initiative and reached for the pillows to line them in order. She took the blanket and folded it properly, placing it on top of the pillows after. The cover itself was not that messy. She just had to flatten it in order to look more neat.

Then she walked and carefully checked the tshirts until she saw this shirt:

She took it out and ran near the window, “Minho-ssi, Can I take this?” She asked in a very cute manner that she didn’t even realize it.

Minho’s heart jumped and he was very eager to say, “Ye. Ye.”

Ji Eun went back to the room and changed her outfit. She found the shirt really cute and realized how unique SHINee’s name was spelled out. She took note of watching and listening to SHINee as well. Yes, she should ask Ji Sun, her little sister, about SHINee because her sister is a real fan of them.

She was about to open the door when she noticed something on the side table. She went there and realized it was a photo frame that was facing down the table. She took it to fix it and faced the bed so Minho can see it properly only to realize that it was Minho and Krystal’s photo together.

“Oh.” Ji Eun uttered and asked herself why it was facing down the table. She looked at it and realized how Krystal and Minho looked good together. She put the frame into its proper placed when some papers on the table got her attention to. “I won’t read this. I’ll just put these papers back to the envelope.” She said.

She really had no plans of reading it, but ended up doing it anyway when she read Dongshin’s name on the paper. She frowned and saw that Dongshin’s basi information such as address, birthday, workplaces, are all included in the paper. “Why does he have this?”

It’s a 5 page report about Dongshin. She browsed all the papers and read statements such as,

5 pm, Wednesday, Dongshin was seen around Hongdae with a blonde girl.

7 pm, Thursday, was seen inside the club with a different girl.

2 am, Saturday, was seen around _____ inn checking out with another girl.

She looked inside the envelopes and found several photos there. Dongshin with different types of girls, including her, which was probably taken by the time she went to Dongshin to settle things out but Dongshin just rejected her telling Ji Eun to go away.

 

**JI EUN POV**

Why does Minho have all of these? Did he hire someone to investigate about Dongshin? Why would he do that? And these… these things he figured out from him. He didn’t tell me any of this. I don’t know Dongshin is this kind of person. For four years that I was in a relationship with him. I didn’t know Dongshin has this personality.

I know he’s a cold person but I always thought he loves me. I thought he’s very loyal so I was assured myself that he won’t cheat on me. But he did, not just one, twice, or thrice. He never failed to cheat on me every single day, not to mention that this is just a week of Dongshin’s everyday activity. I don’t know what else he does on some other days.

I made my way out. I saw Minho looking at me. I first went to the kitchen and settled out the fire before sitting next to him at the couch.

“You didn’t tell me you investigated on him.” I uttered and he looked so surprise. “I’m sorry I meddled into your things. I didn’t mean to notice and to read it.”

“I feel apologetic towards you for not informing you about it, but I will never regret doing it.”

“I know.” I said softly. “I was very stupid. I’m such a blind girl crazily loving an unworthy person. Tell me, is that why you keep on telling me I don’t deserve him? Because you already know what kind of person he is so you’re saving me out from him? I should’ve listened to you more if you told me everything that you figured out.” I told him, not in an angry voice.

“I realized I never want you to feel stupid of yourself.” Minho told me, eyes staring deeply towards me. “Everytime you reject my suggestion about leaving him, I honestly yell at you inside my mind telling how stupid you are for letting Dongshin do this to you. I want you to realize how stupid you are for being so stupid towards the more stupid guy. But later I realized what you need is someone that will lift you up from pain and will guide you out of him, not someone that will even degrade you more. I suddenly hated the thought of making you look at yourself as a stupid person.” He asked.

“But I’m really stupid, Minho. I really am.” I couldn’t control myself and tears went freely down to my face. It’s not because I feel pain, it’s because I feel such relief that my stupidity has ended.

**END OF POV**

 

**MINHO POV**

“No, Ji Eun. You are not stupid. You just did it because you love him so much.” I told him as I was trying to calm him down. Why is she crying suddenly? I’m worried. Ji Eunnie, you’re not stupid. I regret telling it to you secretly. Please, don’t cry.

At first, I thought Ji Eun should know about the things I have known regarding Dongshin, but her sorry face flashed on my mind and I suddenly hated that sight. From the moment I saw how she smiled, I have wished for her to be like that always. I was relieved when she said she won’t see him again.

Because I couldn’t move closer so I had to pull her to me. She followed and now we’re sitting even closer to each other. I cupped her face and wiped her tears with my thumbs. “Stop crying, Ji Eunnie.” I said.

“Aniya…” She said with her nose getting red already. She sniffed and bit her lips like a crybaby. “I’m crying because I feel so relieved right now. If you didn’t figure it out then I might still probably be stupidly loving that guy. If you didn’t come immediately then I might have been a total mess. I suddenly don’t know how to thank you. Those words are not enough to show you how grateful I am for your presence.”

“Your smile can.” I answered her directly. “I don’t need to hear you say ‘Thank You’. I just want to see your smile every time. Can you do that for me? Can you just smile for me?”

I saw Ji Eun smiled and it melted my heart. Her adorable lips curving up showing her shiny and white teeth with her eyes still sparkling from the tears she just shed a while ago. Her cheeks and nose are still red, I can’t help but smile as well and hugged her. “Good girl. You already paid me back from saving you.” I said as I allow her to rest her head on my shoulder.

**END OF POV**

 


 

Author's Note:

I cried when I read the last statements Ji Eun said. Then I decided to take a break for a while and watched SHINee's Concert Performances only to end up crying harder. Now my eyes are swelling, and I need to go out later because it's SHINee's album launching day. To those of you who are going at SHINee's Album launching in PH, I'll be on North Edsa going around wearing black with Onew's name on the back. LOL. Call me maybe?? Just joking. I'm crazy right now. This is the first that I'll attend a launching. Saving up myself, see you later and leave some comments okay!? :*