010.

Choi Minho's Damsel in Distress

 

Minho lazily entered the dorm that night. He threw her training bag on the couch following himself right after. He looked up the ceiling, covered his eyes with his arm and sighed.

He was still shocked, and still absorbing the fact that Krystal actually asked for some space, if not, eventually asking for a break up. It’s something he didn’t expect to come so soon. There might be little problems, but he always believed his relationship with Krystal is too perfect that this thing is almost an impossible situation to happen.

But it did.

And Minho hated the fact that he wasn’t prepared, and he couldn’t accept it that fast.

Taemin then came out of the bathroom. He saw his hyung on the couch and he was acting very exhausted and tired that moment. He was drying his hair with the towel as he sat beside Minho. “Anything wrong, hyung?” He asked.

The other hyungs already got married, and now, the two youngest are the only ones that were left in the dorm. Fortunately, Onew hyung is just living next door. They don’t feel scared living alone at all. Hyung is just around and will be there once they immediately need some help.

“It ended.” Minho simply uttered, still covering his eyes with his arms.

“What?” Taemin looked at his hyung as if what he was talking about is something that is not so serious.

“Do I really have to elaborate it? Can’t you get it with just those words?” Minho removed his arms from his face and faced Taemin with such expression. “Can’t you be a little more sensitive, Taemin-ah?” He asked.

“The soccer game with friends?” Taemin tried to guess. “It ended already and you lost?” He asked.

Minho shook his head in displease. “I give up. Don’t mind me anymore…” Minho turned his back against Taemin and ignored the maknae.

“Don’t tell me the thing that ended is that with Krystal?” Taemin finally got what he was implying. “You broke up with her?”

“She did.” Minho uttered with a sad voice.

“For real?!” Taemin stood up and was so surprised. “Are you not joking, hyung?!”

“Why am I joking? Do you think I’ll just play around telling whoever I meet that Krystal broke up with me? Are you really serious about seriously believing that I’m not serious about Krystal seriously breaking up with me?!” He shouted across the room and Taemin was even surprise.

Minho doesn’t normally use this kind of tone, mood, and volume of voice. It was always Key, Taemin thought, who use this kind of method when it comes to speaking.

“I got it.” Taemin raised both his hand as a sign that he’s surrendering. “And I’m sorry for pissing you off even more.” He apologized then sat back again beside Minho. “But I think that should be better.” He uttered.

Minho looked at him and said, “Do you even know what you are saying, Lee Taemin? You’re telling me it’s better for the two of us to break? After 2 years of being happily together?”

“You probably think of it that way. Ever wonder if Krystal feels the same?” He asked him like a very mature guy.

Minho was frozen. First, it was Krystal who surprised him. Now, even Taemin has some maturity running on his mind. Why was he suddenly like that?

“It’s not that I’m saying I’m happy you, two, broke up.” Taemin shook his head. Why is it that everything that comes out of his mouth seems to be very genuine? “I just think that if you think breaking up is the reason to fix something, then do it. If you and Krystal are really meant for each other, then you will be together, no matter how many times both of you break up.” He said.

“Why are you suddenly talking about destiny?” Minho said with a WTF expression. For once, he saw Taemin’s side of thinking maturely. He realized Taemin has grown, too, over the years that he was watching his hyungs grow and go on with their new lives as fathers.

“Not really destiny.” Taemin uttered. “Whatever decisions you make in your life will dictate the future. How destiny plays it part depends on how you decide on things. If you and Krystal are meant to be, then you will always be, as I said, no matter what happened. If it’s the fixed future, then it will be. But if you don’t decide on embracing change, then something won’t be developed at all. Taking risks may mean growing up, hyung.” He said.

“Where did you learn all that?” Minho asked unbelievably.

“From the other hyung’s stories.” Taemin said. “Onew hyung, for example, didn’t even know Soojin unnie was pregnant. She had no plans of telling it the truth so she decided to not show her face to Onew hyung anywhere. She made a decision on that, but because it was fated for them to be together, that’s why we suddenly see Sooki out of nowhere. If Soojin unnie made a different decision, we might have seen a different scenario, but it will always lead to one direction: Onew hyung will be with Soojin unnie no matter what happened.”

Minho unconsciously nodded.

“Jonghyun hyung and Choonhee. Didn’t Choonhee left because she was too pressured over our fans? Didn’t she decide on pretending she doesn’t love Jonghyun hyung anymore? It happened, because Choonhee decided on doing so, but if Choonhee didn’t leave Jonghyun hyung’s side, do you think they will still love each other as much as they do now? In my opinion, I don’t think Choonhee will ever learn how much hyung loves her if she didn’t leave. That was the approach she made, but because they were fated, so they still ended up together. They will still end up no matter what decision she took on, but it will bring different lesson, coz it won’t be on the same perspective anymore.”

Minho was so amused. How could the maknae say all that exactly?

“And lastly, Chae In and Key hyung. Didn’t Chae In almost decided on aborting the baby? Didn’t she plan on making huge change? If she just accepted the fact that she’s pregnant that fast and she ignored being hated, do you think she will still love her son as much as she does now?  I don’t think so. If she didn’t see the baby’s value by planning something bad against him, the she won’t be able to learn how much lovable he can get.”

“That is so great Taemin-ah,” Minho said, jaw almost dropping. “Very well said.”

“I just think that, life is already written on the God’s book. He is just giving us options on how to work things out. Whatever is meant to be will always be, it’s just up to us on whatever approach we might want to have it in. We decide to have better perspective on something. We decide in order to appreciate something even more. We decide to see how great it is actually to choose things our own way. That’s how thrilling life is. If it’s not meant for you then it won’t be given, no matter how hard you try to get it.”

Taemin stood up and patted Minho’s shoulder. “So don’t ever regret on deciding over something. If you think you’re wrong to allow Krystal break up with you, then don’t feel so regretful. It was your choice, so you have to face whatever implications there might be, but I’m telling you hyung… what’s bound to happen will always happen. You just do and decide based on the combination of your mind and heart’s decision, and once you get to pick on something, the least thing you can do is regret it.” He said and left.

 


 

 

Author's Note:

Writing Taemin's script suddenly put me into daze... Still thinking if what he said are all true, or did I convey my desired opinions through him carefully. He just mean we decide on our own destiny... 

For instance, taking an exam... If you believe in destiny then you will go, "Whether I study or not, if its fated for me to pass then I will." Oh, now, I get it... We should also use our common sense in providing Destiny our whole trust... LOL. How could we in' pass if we don't ever get to study anyway? What's gonna be destiny's job when our brain is even empty? 

LOL. What did I even say? Forget this now, really. HAHAHA.